Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > South Australia
JD CUSTOM

Old 26-08-07, 23:36   #101
VLCT88
player

Car: VLII Calais Turbo, BKII Mazda 3 MPS
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to VLCT88
Port won their GF today... I like Geelong for mine. Being a Collingwood supporter all my life would love to see them make it. and after our win yesterday I reckon we will at least make it to the Prelims...

Final 4 teams will be Geelong, West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn
VLCT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-07, 23:37   #102
Blink
Sensible Since 21/05/2009

Car: RB30ET
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via MSN to Blink
We have been fairly lucky this year with our picks, this year was really a building year for us, so we have done brilliantly
Old 26-08-07, 23:46   #103
GASRB6
FOR SALE.

Car: Jet Powered Pram and Solar Powered Rock Daily.
Trader Rating: (4)
What a game today! By the skin of our teeth. Treaders should be dropped and then we would be a real force.
He has served the club well but he is not match fit.
Harsh but true.
Up the POWER !!!
Carn PORT !!!
GASRB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-07, 23:54   #104
DJ_XTASY
car enthusiast

Car: VL Aero Turbo and VL mock Group A Calais 5L
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to DJ_XTASY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffo_vlt
worst. thread. ever

lets see, lost to the Crows, barely beat Carlton... Now look at the next few weeks-

Hawks will pump you by 10goals minimum

Geelong will bury you by 15goals

there goes all your % You will be lucky to finish 7th, eg no double chance, probably wont get a home final

bandwagon has left, go back to your shanty

I think you have some explaining to do, fluke?..........i think not

Port vs Geelong grandfinal?..........i think so
Old 27-08-07, 07:34   #105
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpa
i am a geelong supporter have been all my life we are upstopable this year we have a stong faward line a strong back line and centre we might of lost 2day but could afford 2 we r just resting doesent matter if we loose nxt week either we cant loose top spot i recon geelong vs hawks granny we win by 8 goals

I didn't know Bomber Thompson was on the forum? Did you instruct the boys to just take it easy and rest yesterday? hahaha it certainly looked like they were resting

I wouldnt Call the cats forward line strong. At the same time, i wouldn't call ports forward line strong either. Don't think i just came out the woodwork now, i just didnt know this thread was here lol

And richmond beat essendon, how good is that hahahahaha
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-07, 08:17   #106
NTMID 8
SOLD

Car: VX SS
Trader Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink
Hawks in the Grand Final? Unlikely.

Will most probably be between Geelong/West Coast/Port or possibly Sydney. West Coast of Sydney will win it. Geelong wont, Port are unlikely, but if we play at our best, were close to unstoppable.

How can you not say todays game was convincing Ben? We were up for 95% of the game, against the top side. With very little crowd support, away from home, Wakelin was injured, and were playing a team with 15 wins in a row.
Well talk about bringing the excuses..... Geelong had three of its major midfielders out, four for a while in the first term (Bartel, Ling, Selwood and Ablett)..... i dont want to use that as an excuse but if you wanna talk about how your win was convincing then i have no choice. Any team can beat any team on any day, but for you guys to write Geelong off you are CRAZY! they didnt win 15 in a row and dominate in such a close season as this one by fluke! Sysdney proved on the weekend that they are struggling for form, i dont think you can write any team off this year as it has been one of those years, but im sticking to my guns that Geelong will bring home the silver wear this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
I didn't know Bomber Thompson was on the forum? Did you instruct the boys to just take it easy and rest yesterday? hahaha it certainly looked like they were resting

I wouldnt Call the cats forward line strong. At the same time, i wouldn't call ports forward line strong either. Don't think i just came out the woodwork now, i just didnt know this thread was here lol

And richmond beat essendon, how good is that hahahahaha
I think he meant Geelong are resting Ling and Selwood as they are more important in a finals campaign when it counts not in a minor round that we have already won the minor premiership in.
As for our forward line not being strong? what drugs are you on?!?!?!?!?! fark man we are the highest scoring team in the competition! You my friend are really a one eyed supporter arent you? you cant even give credit where credit is due! Just for arguements sake top 5 highest scoring teams:
Geelong: 2397
Port Adelaide: 2197
Fremantle: 2169
Essendon: 2060
Carlton: 2059
Wanna talk defence? Top 5 defence scores:
Geelong: 1561
Sydney Swans: 1629
Adelaide: 1637
Hawks: 1714
Brisbane Lions: 1740
Now tell me again how sh!t Geelong are? Look at the facts mate they are the best team getting around, and where beatin by a better team ON THE DAY.

Last edited by NTMID 8; 27-08-07 at 08:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
NTMID 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-07, 09:21   #107
DJ_XTASY
car enthusiast

I definitely ain't writing them off they will look back on the tapes and see what they did wrong and they will have there team back, if Ling played the full game maybe they would've just won. As for ablett he was only out for a quarter. But to play against the strongest side and win away regardless of how many on the trot they'd won, dominating three quarters, thats pretty good right? Though geelong do deserve to win this year as it is there time (1969 was there last) though I would love to see port match up against them again in the final and be a close one. Sick of seeing syd and WC all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTMID 8
Thats a pretty broad statement. We will see if they choke come finals. I think they will come out better and stroger after this lose. MARK MY WORDS............
Just marking your words
Old 27-08-07, 09:26   #108
NTMID 8
SOLD

1963 since our last flag m8
Old 27-08-07, 09:33   #109
DJ_XTASY
car enthusiast

woops i mean shhhh thats even worse 1969 was richmond
Old 27-08-07, 10:02   #110
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Car: 8th Gen Civic...VLT BT1 mock up uleh : /
Trader Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLCT88
Port won their GF today... I like Geelong for mine. Being a Collingwood supporter all my life would love to see them make it. and after our win yesterday I reckon we will at least make it to the Prelims...

Final 4 teams will be Geelong, West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn
Collingwood will lose Friday night, Rocca will be out unless Eddie bribes the tribunal..............

Any team making the 8 this year is as good a chance as each other IMO.

I think Adelaide had their chance last year...if we had got Sydney in the Prelim we'd have made it to the GF............and probably lost to those fukn Eagles......again!

Should be interesting.

Last edited by NSNPWR; 27-08-07 at 12:40.
NSNPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-07, 12:29   #111
PSIHVN
Bresciani Racing

Car: PSIHVN
Trader Rating: (7)
GO ROOS!!!!
hahaha...
Old 27-08-07, 14:01   #112
ANK
BANNED

Car: stolen wrx sti
im a bombers fan but teams i wanna see get up are

kangers

eagles

swans

i would love for the bombers to get up there but i dont think we have the form
ANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-07, 14:03   #113
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Why Eagles and Swans.....again?......
Old 27-08-07, 14:04   #114
ANK
BANNED

eagles cause i like cousins and the swans cause me old man went for them
Old 27-08-07, 15:13   #115
NTMID 8
SOLD

cousins is far up himself i dont think he even knows what day it is. If he had his own way they would rename the team west coast cousins.
Old 27-08-07, 15:16   #116
ANK
BANNED

i think it is the west COKE eagles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m2gpg3k1ho
Old 27-08-07, 16:22   #117
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTMID 8
Well talk about bringing the excuses..... Geelong had three of its major midfielders out, four for a while in the first term (Bartel, Ling, Selwood and Ablett)..... i dont want to use that as an excuse but if you wanna talk about how your win was convincing then i have no choice. Any team can beat any team on any day, but for you guys to write Geelong off you are CRAZY! they didnt win 15 in a row and dominate in such a close season as this one by fluke! Sysdney proved on the weekend that they are struggling for form, i dont think you can write any team off this year as it has been one of those years, but im sticking to my guns that Geelong will bring home the silver wear this year.

I think he meant Geelong are resting Ling and Selwood as they are more important in a finals campaign when it counts not in a minor round that we have already won the minor premiership in.
As for our forward line not being strong? what drugs are you on?!?!?!?!?! fark man we are the highest scoring team in the competition! You my friend are really a one eyed supporter arent you? you cant even give credit where credit is due! Just for arguements sake top 5 highest scoring teams:
Geelong: 2397
Port Adelaide: 2197
Fremantle: 2169
Essendon: 2060
Carlton: 2059
Wanna talk defence? Top 5 defence scores:
Geelong: 1561
Sydney Swans: 1629
Adelaide: 1637
Hawks: 1714
Brisbane Lions: 1740
Now tell me again how sh!t Geelong are? Look at the facts mate they are the best team getting around, and where beatin by a better team ON THE DAY.
i never said geelong were ****. im not a one eyes supporter at all.

as for scoring, would you call port adelaides forward line strong? i certainly wouldnt. but it's an all round scoring effort from midfielders also so going only on the basis of volume of points is completely incorrect.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-07, 17:14   #118
NTMID 8
SOLD

So in your opinion brisbane forward line is strong because it relies on 1 or 2 players to bag a heap?
Like brown 40+ goals last 6rounds and brenan 25+ goals last few rounds
Old 27-08-07, 23:19   #119
DJ_XTASY
car enthusiast

whats with all the vic fags coming onto this thread? That's why i posted in the SA SECTION Everyone chipping in oh oh go kangas go essendon. Stop pot stirring and go start your own thread in vic bitches ha ha
Old 28-08-07, 00:16   #120
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Hehe, PWNED!
Old 28-08-07, 16:24   #121
VL Ately
Player

Car: none
Trader Rating: (1)
lol, all you crows supporters - show us your good recruits. By far, the crows have the worst recruiters in the whole AFL. Didn't you pick Riley up before Judd or something stupid like that? No rising star nominations since 2001 as well.

Also my favourite memory of the crow was in 2005 when they finished top after the minor round, and then lost to st kilda in the 1st qualifying final. Then they lost to West Coast in the preliminary final. Yeah that was pretty funny. And then there was that time against West Coast last year when you lost another preliminary final to them. Dam you crows supporters sure must hate West Coast.
VL Ately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 16:52   #122
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Yeah we do hate em, every team has a team that they struggle against and West Coast is ours, anyway, play finals last year did you? Lol.......12th was it?
And whats wrong with Riley, he's become a ***n great player, almost 40 possessions last Sat night.....must be sh1t house huh?
Old 28-08-07, 17:00   #123
VL Ately
Player

Car: none
Trader Rating: (1)
lol but still.... Riley over Judd? He's not bad but I seriously reckon Boak for the Power will develop into a better player than Riley. Yeah Port did finish 12th last year, so what we were rebuilding. Remember back to 2004, what did the Crows finish then? I think it was about 11th or 12th.
It will be an interesting game this Friday night, both the Crows and Collingwood battling it out for finals spots. I reckon Rocca was a bit lucky to get off, Eddie has been bribing the tribunal again... Unfortunately I don't think the crows can make it.
VL Ately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 17:09   #124
Weezy
Player

Car: 02' Mazda RX7 FD3S Bathurst Type R
Trader Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_XTASY
whats with all the vic fags coming onto this thread? That's why i posted in the SA SECTION Everyone chipping in oh oh go kangas go essendon. Stop pot stirring and go start your own thread in vic bitches ha ha
LMAO!!!!!!!

ooh.. everyone
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-07, 17:13   #125
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Well thats not suprising coming from a port supporter is it....
Can you predict the future? FFS, who cares about Judd, who's to say he would have fit in at the Crows? Who knows man....
And my point about you finishing 12th was because you were very quick to point out we lost to WC in the PRELIMINARY FINAL....
I agree 100% Rocca was 'lucky' to get off, Eddie must be slippin someone something behind closed doors...
We'll see what happens Friday night, im confident they will win.