Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > walkinshaw.net > General
GRUNT Performance

Old 05-07-07, 08:55   #1
disco
Player

Car: VL Walkinshaw
Trader Rating: (0)
decisions!

Fella"s have a little dilemma at the moment.

I have owned my Walky for 5 months since purchasing it at the beginning of the year.

Haven't really considered selling it but looks like I'll be offered $$$ to good to refuse. The offer is around the $75K mark.

Car has 94130kms with books, matching numbers and stock looking down to the radio cassette.

Not sure if I should sell, I think it's good money, but my missus, believe it or not want me to keep it!

Not sure what to do.
Old 05-07-07, 09:20   #2
shonkytrb
Player

Car: vlc turbo
if you think 75k is good wait another 2-5 years.if you sell it now you will be kicking yourself later
Old 05-07-07, 09:24   #3
E-Z
token giraffe guy

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via MSN to E-Z
keep it man, he is only buying it to try cash in later... do you need money? if not, its only gonna get better.
Old 05-07-07, 09:53   #4
tha don
Player

Car: VS Statesman SIII, 1971 Mercedes 350SL
Trader Rating: (3)
it really depends on how much u need the money. if i were you i wouldnt sell it, but it depends. if you need the 75k for other things desperately (house or whatever) then sell it, you've made your little profit. however if you can get away with not selling it then dont, because in years to come your little profit will become a very big one.
Old 05-07-07, 10:10   #5
disco
Player

Thanks for the comments fella's, don't really need the money for anything but was thinking that it was a good return for a short term thing.

Looks like I might just hold on to it.

Cheers,
Dave.
Old 05-07-07, 10:33   #6
shaik
Player

Car: #553
money cant buy by car..

shes never getting sold. i didnt buy her for an investment.
im a walky fene and it just so happened that they went up in price heaps.. ppl who are buying them for investments i believe have missed the point.

if ur heart is in the car then keep it.
if ur a business man out to make a dollar on anything any way you can... sell it.. to someone who is a true enthusiast.
Old 05-07-07, 12:34   #7
sly
Player

Car: Flash suzuki sierra
Dont forget that we went through a similar muscle car boom in the late 80,s. But buy the early 90,s we were in recession and the ass fell out of them. Ho,s dropped from like $100,000 to $50,000 or something.So they will not keep rising if the economy hiccups. And most financial and economy anaylists agree a recession is coming soon.Something to remember. If you need the money be careful not to hold on too long. But if money does not phase you i say hold on. Once you sell it will be vary hard to get into another one. That is the dilema i am in now.
Old 05-07-07, 13:35   #8
disco
Player

Well I got myself into the Walky for two reasons, one I always wanted one and secondly could also see some investment potential.

I understand about bubble bursting and so forth but I really think there are many more high end cars which will suffer due to the astronomical prices.

I still think VL & VN Group A's are under-valued...people spend more than these cars are fetching today on brand new BMW's and HSV's that will be worthless in years to come.
Old 05-07-07, 17:25   #9
blownhsv
Player

Car: SS sedan and XR8 ute
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco

I have owned my Walky for 5 months since purchasing it at the beginning of the year.

Haven't really considered selling it but looks like I'll be offered $$$ to good to refuse. The offer is around the $75K mark.

Car has 94130kms with books, matching numbers and stock looking down to the radio cassette.

Not sure if I should sell, I think it's good money, but my missus, believe it or not want me to keep it!

Not sure what to do.

id definately consider parting with mine for $75k.....
Old 05-07-07, 17:43   #10
cwreck
Player

Car: Hi-lux
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkytrb
if you think 75k is good wait another 2-5 years.if you sell it now you will be kicking yourself later

a smart man would double up that 75 k in a year- so 75,000 is still a lot of money for a walky-

but i do agree with u on kicking yourself later-if u sell a walky now wether or not the economy goes down or not u wont be able to buy one in the next five years or so for under $100,000-

and we all know it-

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownhsv
you are off your head-

i thought being number 1 u -would **** it in for $100,000+

no 1 not 600- or 700 something-

the hype would bring u in $100,000 on its own or it would pull a crowd in no matter what-

i would re-think if i was u-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Dont forget that we went through a similar muscle car boom in the late 80,s. But buy the early 90,s we were in recession and the ass fell out of them. Ho,s dropped from like $100,000 to $50,000 or something.So they will not keep rising if the economy hiccups. And most financial and economy anaylists agree a recession is coming soon.Something to remember. If you need the money be careful not to hold on too long. But if money does not phase you i say hold on. Once you sell it will be vary hard to get into another one. That is the dilema i am in now.
its a cycle that happens all the time-u can't help that

xy-walky are the same only the walky is trailing by a couple of hundred thosand dollar's-but also xy a bit older and we are getting to the end of selling them- meaining not many coming out for auction so people will pay huge amounts because they feel there wont be an other one for sale soon-
walkies are in now-so figures of $100,000+ will come soon-i also believe that good ones,bad ones-who cares --when their is none left for sale-even the old battered walkies will pull in serious cash-

recession or not they are people out their with cash-but the real ****heads are the one that feel they need the money when times are hard-

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco

Not sure what to do.

keep the bloody thing- i was in the same boat-when i was pulling it down to paint it and convert back to original- iwas saying to myself-what for so someone else can have one and i just watch-

also same boat-wife told me i would o.d if i sold it-i busted my ass to buy one when no one wanted to even buy walkies-

Last edited by cwreck; 05-07-07 at 17:56. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-07-07, 20:16   #11
F I L L I P O
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (117)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaik
money cant buy by car..

im a walky fene and it just so happened that they went up in price heaps.. ppl who are buying them for investments i believe have missed the point.

if ur a business man out to make a dollar on anything any way you can... sell it.. to someone who is a true enthusiast.
Thank you mate. You've restored my faith that there are some people who come onto this site because they are pure enthusiasts, and are not just interested in how much money they are worth and keeping them in moth balls. cheers
Old 09-07-07, 14:49   #12
slikz
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (3)
Sux hey when ya get people offering good dollars for a car!!

Last edited by slikz; 09-07-07 at 19:23.
Old 09-07-07, 17:54   #13
sly
Player

Car: Flash suzuki sierra
Lates unique cars has a phase three on offer for 1 MILLION
If they get it that opens the flood gate for all models and makes walkies seem very cheap.
Old 09-07-07, 23:18   #14
ILLUSIV
CT member since 2000!

Trader Rating: (16)
Send a message via ICQ to ILLUSIV Send a message via MSN to ILLUSIV
Couldn't have said it any better myself Shaik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaik
money cant buy by car..

1988 VL SS Group A SV Walkinshaw #369 - WALLKY
Old 09-07-07, 23:19   #15
ILLUSIV
CT member since 2000!

Trader Rating: (16)
Send a message via ICQ to ILLUSIV Send a message via MSN to ILLUSIV
Carl, I'd buy it for $75k.....

Don't sell. It's worth MUCH more than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownhsv
1988 VL SS Group A SV Walkinshaw #369 - WALLKY