Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > Other VLs
Tyres Now

Old 09-06-07, 22:39   #1
calais03l
Player

Car: VL CALAIS 5L V8
Trader Rating: (14)
Calais03l's Red over silver Calais

Hey this is my VL Calais I brought in 2004 this is how I brought it in 2004 it was a NA auto with a beige leather interior.

I have spent a bit of money on it since then

I put a set of KYB Exle G shockers and kings lowered springs in it thicker sway bar link arm front and back and new Polly urethane bushes all round

I had a mate re spray the silver in 2k astroid silver and the whole car touched up and polished. But will respray the top half later
I went out and brought a set of 19” cv8 Monaro copies

I brought a VS Calais interior the driver’s seat bolted in, but the passenger one needed modifying. Am getting the back seat modified to look the same as the front.
I had the roof lining re done in a dark grey, same with sun visors. I had the glove box done with grey and a small bit of pattern as the seats

The door trims will be done the same with the VR pattern and the grey velour VR speaker pods will be used for front doors and new carpet was fitted this weekend and extra orded for on the bottom of the door trims.

I fitted a new 1” master cylinder and reco booster and front braded lines you can notice the difference straight away with braking. I have plans for bigger brakes but not sure weather to go Nissan 4 spots or VT brakes as I already have the VT drilled and slotted rotors

I have plans of a turbo motor have block and head ready so give it a couple of months
calais03l is offline   Reply With Quote