Tyres Now

Old 07-06-07, 22:08   #1
Lazza78
1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

Car: cammed VE SSV sportwagon, S2 VLCT
Trader Rating: (38)
Send a message via MSN to Lazza78
My VL turbo

After owning this vl for close to 7 years i thought i might do a write up in there..

the vl started life as a 86 model SL n/a, bought new from my local holden dealer in town.. im the 3rd owner of it and when it came into my hands it had seen a very hard life, auto was shot, rust in front and rear screens(back had holes the size of 10cent pieces) so at first it was just a quick fit and get it on the road so i had wheels... stayed that way for close to 2 years..

i was looking for some rims for it and ended up with a set of chrome 17's, they were fitted.. kept me happy for a while

while looking around for a bodykit, i wasnt sure if i wanted one or not but by luck i came across a genuine HDT LE kit minus the front bar so that was bought and fitted and also fitted a groupA front bar to complete the kit...

i did the usual mods like exhaust and extractors, advance timing but i knew i wanted it turbo sometime this century..

i came across a few calais' being wrecked so i thought its time to get me a pop up front and rear tail lights/moulds garnish.. they were painted and fitted and completely changed the look of the car... another car donated its interior to me, S1 green..

after gettin the car painted again by one of my good mates i got stuck in a really bad hail storm(dec 05) and in the end it shattered me, but it never stopped me..

before the hail storm i ended buyin a mates rusted out vl turbo wreck off him at a very good price, genuine A8 block and MX7, didnt use much else from the car, sold bits and pieces off it(wheels,bodykit) so that vl was stripped of its heart to go into my car...

the day after the hail storm i decided it was time to fit the engine/box and after a few days of doing this on my own besides help from my mechanic at times(used his workshop).. 4 days later i had the car running and was about time i had the car boosted...

i did the usual mods now as in 3inch mandrel bent exhaust from the turbo back, gktech intercooler, turbosmart boost controller(dual stage).. got the old girl moving along quite good..

july last year i had a few weeks up my sleave so with the use of my mates workshop(body shop) i decided to tackle the hail damage.. i sourced a new bonnet and bootlid and repaired the roof myself... 2 weeks later it rolled out of the shed with another new coat of paint on it.. looked 10times better then ever before and also changed the front bar to the LE one...

also have done a custom boot install all built by myself which consists of a kenwood usb headunit, kenwood splits, kenwood 6x9's(in custom fibreglass parcel shelf), 2x12in kenwood 1000watt subs and 2 kenwood amps(640w 4ch for the speakers and 1200w 2ch mono block for the subs)

so the future plans are to have the inside of the doors sprayed and the bay done too... just bought a forged bottom end off a mate thats already pulled down, that will get rebuilt somethime this year and also fitting my garrett airesearch turbo shortly, maybe change the box to a 33 item and get a LSD in there(still has the original diff from the factory)

the car now rolls on 18in ProV's in shadow chrome..

anyway thats enuf from me, will put some pics up...
Old 21-06-07, 11:06   #2
RR8TED
Stay cool hopeless drunks

Car: 1987 calais turbo factory 5spd
Trader Rating: (3)
That car has come a very long way, well done mate its looks magic
RR8TED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-07, 11:23   #3
Lazza78
1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

cheers for that mate... i just realised the 'essay' i wrote there... haha
Old 21-06-07, 11:51   #4
XTC16
Option Audio

Car: '86 VLCT S1 5 Speed Turbo [GMJ37], '86 VLCT S1 Auto Turbo, '87 Berlina, '95 VS Option Audio Demo Car [NCK000], '87 Auto Berlina Turbo
Trader Rating: (55)
Send a message via MSN to XTC16
Looking good as always Laz. Looks a million bux after the respray.
Old 14-03-08, 18:00   #5
Antho
Certified Wise

Car: 2 x VL Calais Turbo, VL Berlina Turbo, 2 x Ford Explorer V8, Subaru Forester GT, BMW 325i M Sport
Trader Rating: (74)
Looks awesome mate, thats a fantastic job!
Antho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-08, 23:17   #6
3wishz
keep wishin

Car: turbo diesel 07 hilux, BMW X5, Project on hold $$$$
Trader Rating: (1)
great job champ gave your car life again!
Old 15-03-08, 08:44   #7
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Great work... looks really good!
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-08, 14:01   #8
PSI-EFI
Official Member

Car: hj coupe 5litre, vp exec 6 (write off), vx s pac
Trader Rating: (0)
looks heaps better.. gone a long way and wheels actually suit..
PSI-EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-08, 18:41   #9
Lazza78
1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

thanx for the comments guys... i only just relised there was more comments in here

will get more pics up this weekend, new subs installed and kenwood tv