GRUNT Performance

Old 30-05-07, 12:56   #1
304OVQ
Player

Car: 120WHY!
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to 304OVQ
Queen's Birthday Cruise, Monday 11th June 2007

Here it is. The Queen's Birthday Cruise 2007. Hopefully this is bigger and better then any previous Queen's Birthday Cruise you have every seen! It's a big, long cruise for a change, and way out in the middle of nowhere, but it is sure to please the most unsatisfied drivers amongst us with rolling hills and curving mountain roads.

The Plan

1st Meet:
Aspley Hypermarket / Pick N Pay (whatever you wish to call it)
Arrival: 10am
Departure: 11am spot on.

Thanks to Steve (350ZT), we should be graced by the girls from Red Bull at Aspley, most likely carrying free cans of Red Bull.

From here, we will head out towards Albany Creek along Albany Creek Road (runs along the boundary of Aspley Hypermarket). From here, we will turn RIGHT onto Southpine Road. At the second set of lights (after the Mobil?), we will be turning LEFT onto Eatons Crossing Road and following this all the way to Mount Samson Road where we will hang a RIGHT. Following this road will lead us to Dayboro. You will cross a bridge on your way along Mt Samson Road, and on your RIGHT there is an "Apex Park". This will be the second stop to allow for people to catch up through the screw around with traffic lights and what not.

2nd Meet
Apex Park, Mt Samson Road, Dayboro
Arrival: Approx 11:20-11:30am
Departure: 11:45am, or until most people have caught up. At the very latest, 12pm.

From here, we will turn RIGHT onto Mt Samson Road, heading towards Dayboro. About 2.5km up the road, we will turn RIGHT onto Williams Hay Road, and then a LEFT onto Mt Mee Road. This is the beginning of the first of the scenic mountain drives of this cruise. Take care, as these roads are obviously winding mountains with steep cliffs on our driving side. We will follow this road to its end, and turn LEFT onto the D'aguilar Highway. This passes through Woodford, and continues out to Kilcoy. Note that the D'aguilar Highway turns to the LEFT as you enter Kilcoy, and then to the RIGHT once you get off the main straight. We will be stopping in Kilcoy at the big park on the left hand side of the D'aguilar Highway, opposite the service station. Refer to map.

3rd Meet
Park alongside D'Aguilar Highway, Kilcoy, opposite the Service Station (as per map)
Arrival: Approx 12:30pm.
Departure: 1pm

This is your final chance to fill up if you need to, as the rest of the drive is well over 150km+

From here, we will continue along the D'aguilar Highway, and turn LEFT onto Esk-Kilcoy Road. This will take us out past Somerset Dam. We will eventually turn LEFT onto Wivenhoe-Somerset Road. We will continue along this road until the Mt Glorious Rd turn off. From here, we will head up to Wivenhoe Lookout, where we will have ourselves a merry little BBQ. Note that the BBQ's are old school, and require manual labour and caveman skills to use (i.e. woodfire BBQ's). This means that anyone wishing to indulge in meaty goodness of the bovine, will need to contribute firewoods and bovine carcus and/or cuttings :P I would love to see CruisingBrisbane's friendly mod team manning the BBQ's, but the BBQ's are probably going to be a little ... homosexual ... so it's every man for him/herself.

4th Meet
Wivenhoe Outlook, off Mt Glorious Road, Mt Glorious.
Arrival: Approx 1:30-1:45pm
Departure: 3-4pm.

As this is the final meet, everyone is free to travel back to Brisbane whenever they wish. The home drive is straightforward, just continue along Mt Glorious Road (follow the red line on the map above), through Mt Glorious/Mt Nebo, and you will end up on Mt Nebo Road, which becomes Waterworks Road which runs into the city. Can't go wrong with that one.

General Information
Anyone with any questions now, or on the day should speak to myself (AsterisK) via whatever means possible. There is no excuse for ignorance, so don't complain if there is mass confusion on the day. I'm there to answer questions, so ask the questions!

This cruise is almost a 300km round trip. Make sure you have enough fuel!!! This cannot be stressed enough. Once we pass Kilcoy, there are no Servo's until we head back over Mt Glorious/Nebo. If you need to, fill up at Kilcoy, or get a full tank before you leave Brisbane.

We will be using CB/UHF radios. The channel to use is Channel 18. Hopefully this is free of disturbances. Remember to speak clearly and not to hold the radio to close to your mouth when speaking. No silly buggers with it either as this will be our primary means of communication, seeing as there is little to no phone coverage in some parts of our journey.

Lastly, we ask that everyone is sensible. Drive within your limits, this is a cruise, not a race. I would like to see everyone at Wivenhoe Lookout in one piece, likewise, on the journey home. Street racing, burnouts, drifting, speeding etc are all illegal activities, and I can guarantee there will be police overseeing parts of our journey, through the use of speed cameras, patrols or d-cars. Your driving is on display, don't embarass yourself.

I think that's all there is to it. If anyone feels I have missed anything, let me know!

Hope to see you all for a great day out!

Ashley // AsterisK
304OVQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-07, 16:50   #2
justinvlc
Gold Members

Car: vl calais
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to justinvlc
DAM, calais is getting re-spray atm, wish i could have made it!
justinvlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-07, 13:57   #3
304OVQ
Player

Car: 120WHY!
Send a message via MSN to 304OVQ
SHould expect to see upwards of 300 cars
304OVQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-07, 15:45   #4
joe blo
Player

Car: Lowered Lawnmower
Trader Rating: (3)
is this a holden cruise or a street commodores 1 or just all cars? hopefully my harlequin vl will be ready again by then. with a for sale sign on it
joe blo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 18:36   #5
griffo18
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinvlc
DAM, calais is getting re-spray atm, wish i could have made it!
hey u should still come along... hey and his car will be reall nice when its done !!!! so you boys had better keep ur eye out for this one !!! good work justin ........

Last edited by griffo18; 07-06-07 at 19:02.
griffo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 18:54   #6
Boeing77L
Official Member

Car:
far out... thats the best plan I have ever seen. great job..
Boeing77L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-07, 18:56   #7
VLSHADOW
Player

Car: VL Wags
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to VLSHADOW
lets just hope its not pissing down raining when we head out
Old 10-06-07, 01:14   #8
griffo18
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (12)
is there any one

going on this cruze theres no replys thats all ? im goin ....
griffo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-07, 22:00   #9
MRV17
Player

Car: 5spd vlct, KA laser b6t turbo :) vlt chopper
Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via MSN to MRV17
im not going to far. if my vl brakes im up for a long tow
Old 11-06-07, 12:45   #10
VLSHADOW
Player

Car: VL Wags