User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > Other VLs
JD CUSTOM

Old 29-05-07, 21:07   #1
Wilko16
Player

Trader Rating: (0)
Pauls N/A 88 Calais Project

Well I thought I would chuck up some pictures of the journey I went through with my car Hope you enjoy them as much as i did building my car

I first bought the car for $3000 off ebay in march of 2006, it was an original 1988 Maroon Auto Calais with a sunroof, alarm, imobiliser, window tinting & a Mild stereo system...

Within a few weeks of having the car I began stripping it down preparing it for painting, I stripped the car completely down everything off and out except the engine and wiring loom... I got a little carried away

I then started on the bodywork it didnt have any real damage just the usual wear and tear of a 17 yr old car shopping trolly dints and few broken plastics, and rust in the front windscreen, luckily not the rear window or boot

Then the whole car was Highfilled, It was done in my garage, and then a few weeks later was towed to a panel shop to be painted in original colour

Car was painted in 2 pac door jams and boot aswell, but not engine bay
I was extremely happy with the outcome, couldn't have been happier

Car then sat around for a few more weeks it was well into late november 2006 by this stage, but then i slowly started to assemble the car, I retrimmed the interior and painted the dash, VS door pods, vt calais, car mats and a boot install, Bumpers were painted a few weeks after new years, and I managed to find a LE body kit, bit not the side skirts but I think it still looks good

Its got the Usual mods for an N/A exhaust and extractors cold air intake, the car is slightly lowered but not too much, maybe more eventually
I also bought VS senator rims for it and sprayed them the same colour as the bumpers, Resprayed the black door surrounds and all black plastics, Gave the engine a Service and cleaned up all the rockers and lifters and gave the engine bay a good clean up, Then the car was registerd almost exactly one year after I first purchased it and then I began driving it around on my L's

Then My next greatest Achievment was the 5 speed manual conversion which I completed just last weekend 3 weeks before my 18th birthday, So I think I can say the car is 100% finished before I get my license, It worked out well because I didnt need the car for transport as I didnt have a license so I didnt rush anything on it, everything was done properly

I would also like to thank everyone on CalaisTurbo.com.au for all your support when I had questions and I hope i helped People out with there problems

Thankyou - Paul
Wilko16 is offline   Reply With Quote