CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > VL Turbo Discussion
GRUNT Performance

Old 20-04-18, 19:07   #26
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
[/COLOR]You love my mms pics Chris lol
I’m half way to my collection
Be one closer if your mate didn’t want 98k for his NA black calais lol
I’ll post your car pics in the original thread
I love it

Last edited by deanoVLCT; 20-04-18 at 19:15. Reason: Cause I’m a legend
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-18, 20:03   #27
John boy
Player

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (0)
mine is a LW5 lol
John boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-18, 17:53   #28
Swadz
Player

Car: Vl Berlina
Facebook has given idiots the ability to voice an uneducated opinion instantly with a large target audience, or people who are simply to lazy to use other resources to find information

I find it a shame that people today see vl's as investments and associate a car's worth only in a monetary sense. I find that it is creating a false economy, with one car selling for a high price, resulting in everyone feeling their vl is worth a large amount!

Gone it seems are the days of organising cruises, helping other enthusiasts with parts at a reasonable price and offering advice.

Im just glad this forum is still here, hopefully we don't lose this great resource !
Swadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 09:09   #29
dadroller
Player

Car: walkinshaw brougham crewman 68 premier ht wagon hr wagons
A good discussion fellas. I am 60 and between my son and I we have about 15 cars - mainly VLs. I dream about them, try to get enough time to work on them and love the challenge of working through all the little problems you get when trying to rebuild them.

I will never join a bowls club, play golf or whatever in my retirement because I will be too busy in my shed playing with or cleaning another VL, HK, HR, VP - or whatever else is in there.

The love of cars never fades and I am lucky I have a fairly understanding wife.

Again a good discussion and yeah I agree that when it comes to true car nuts Facebook is for numpties.
dadroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-18, 14:59   #30
calaist5
Here since 2002

Car: 1D008D LW5 MX7 BT1, Vl sl Turbo 5speed, VZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadroller View Post
A good discussion fellas. I am 60 and between my son and I we have about 15 cars - mainly VLs. I dream about them, try to get enough time to work on them and love the challenge of working through all the little problems you get when trying to rebuild them.

I will never join a bowls club, play golf or whatever in my retirement because I will be too busy in my shed playing with or cleaning another VL, HK, HR, VP - or whatever else is in there.

The love of cars never fades and I am lucky I have a fairly understanding wife.

Again a good discussion and yeah I agree that when it comes to true car nuts Facebook is for numpties.
Great story

http://www.johnmoylemotorengineering.com.au/
calaist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-18, 13:46   #31
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
facebook is like old forum school holidatys 24/7 but worse.

and now we have the ice epidemic i swear theres heaps of iced up blokes on facebook. or at least people who have fried themselves.

my vl has been getting out less and less. with club reg i've been able to buy and register distractions. other vl's vn v8's even an old 2 door honda and a toyota.

for a few years the vl only got out once a year when i was hassled really hard by other vl heads to get it out to a vl meet.

nowadays ive discovered i prefer taking it out for ME to enjoy. I'd take it on a date if i wasn't scared of parking it somewhere. so it heads out for a beer or some food when my weekend is quiet and the weather is good.

the VN however gets out to car shows. i drive it around town when im working from home, i take it on dates or to friends houses. late night kebabs, or just because i have time i find an errand to run (excuse for a drive.) I put it away and lock it up but it doesn't always get a wash amnd doesn't always get the pampering it deserves.

thats what the VL was to me way back when. it's just now i have finances to make my car better, im more mature and more scared of losing it (ive had cars stiolen, impounded, close calls and write offs, and the VL has been on the summernats Helipad and did a figure 8!) so nowadayas i have something else that gets a beating and driven in traffic and the vl is for more special occasions.

i think re facebook. those who talk the most have / know the least. its true in all facets of life. and those who have and love their cars share build photos... not ask values, photos of the car done. photoshopped images etc.

---------- Post added 01-05-18 at 13:52 ----------

for the record Dadroller is my dad.

I hot over 20 cars myself last year. and peter has been banned by mum from buying cars and forced to sell one of his a9y's! so instead i purchased him a vp bt1. a ramset orange wagon and i sold my a9y calais and we hid dad's one (more complete but not neccessarily better... just had the work done to it already) in the corner where my one was.

the beauty of having so many cars is im not even sure she knows whats in there anymore!

I've sold a few and wrecked a few in the last 12 months and theres another 2 up for sale now. yes at high prices but i think given market conditions and the state of the vehicles fair prices.

i dont need to sell them but the funds would pay for paint jobs, put cash in the bank or at the least free up space in the shed to buy something better.

I have a problem where i just buy cool VL's and now i have all of these undesirable but unique cars sitting around!

it's been 10 years i've had the turbo wagon and i daily'd a calais before that. I'm sure if we check back in in another 10 years a lot will have changed but cars will be a constant.

dad passed his HK onto me and I'd like to be able to do the same one day
Old 01-05-18, 17:21   #32
12maneym
Gold Members

Car: lw5 berlina turbo wagon A9Y wagon turbo
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to 12maneym
did you end up selling that phoenix red formula?
Old 01-05-18, 19:54   #33
battery
Player

The best thing I ever did was disconnect myself from the Club VL fb group. My love for VL's is growing back since doing that. This forum needs to kick it up a gear again and get the build threads cranking, new photos getting posted and new threads because we can't always do a search on something and just do what people were doing in 2004 lol
battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 06:50   #34
Katsa
Gold Members

Car: [EX.RTA] Kimberly bronze BT1
Trader Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery View Post
The best thing I ever did was disconnect myself from the Club VL fb group. My love for VL's is growing back since doing that. This forum needs to kick it up a gear again and get the build threads cranking, new photos getting posted and new threads because we can't always do a search on something and just do what people were doing in 2004 lol
It's coming back mate don't worry!
Old 04-05-18, 09:45   #35
xeqtvl
Player

Car: executive vl
Don't usually post much; however always lurking around to see what is going on in the VL scene (even though I don't have a VL for the past 2 years). Lots of useful info and knowledge here that is always a good read and helped me over the years.

Hope this forum will ramp up again soon. It is a pity how FB has destroyed pretty much most forums, makes it much more difficult to find useful information for anything.

Well done to you all for doing your bit to keep CT going.
Old 07-05-18, 14:07   #36
mister.x
Player

Car: VL Calais, M35 250t Stagea
I think facebook is probably a good thing for this forum. There was alot of people spreading useless guessed info before facebook and now it has migrated there.

I still frequently find info on this site. And although photo bucket has ruined a lot of the photos to reference, I still trust it alot more than the FB groups. Might have to actually post a Thread or two to help bring it back to life.
mister.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-18, 18:34   #37
calaist5
Here since 2002

Car: 1D008D LW5 MX7 BT1, Vl sl Turbo 5speed, VZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister.x View Post
I think facebook is probably a good thing for this forum. There was alot of people spreading useless guessed info before facebook and now it has migrated there.
Great point

http://www.johnmoylemotorengineering.com.au/
calaist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-18, 19:02   #38
battery
Player

Is it possible to fix the links for all the photobucket pictures? I think the ford forum is going through the process now. So many classic picture threads, diy and build threads here it's a shame to lose it all
battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 09:37   #39
bo5ton
The ReviVL

Car: N/A VL Berlina
Quote:
Is it possible to fix the links for all the photobucket pictures? I think the ford forum is going through the process now. So many classic picture threads, diy and build threads here it's a shame to lose it all
If you're using Chrome you can use this extension to get images showing again.

Photobucket Hotlink Fix
bo5ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 18:53   #40
88wagon
lucky vlct wagon owner

Car: 88 calais turbo wagon, vy ss wagon, vl na calais wagon
Trader Rating: (11)
Send a message via MSN to 88wagon
I for one am glad this forum is still available I am trying to get away from Facebook myself as there’s to many idiots on there,
Since I’ve been dormant I’ve done a little to my calais wagon and sorta lost enthusiasm especially now I have a son once he’s old enough though I plan on getting him in the shed with me to finish the car.
I’ve also got a cream wagon I’m doing a 5l conversion on for him.
So in all I’ve still got the passion just lacking enthusiasm but hoping we can get this forum cranking again and I’ll slowly space myself away from Facebook it was only that this place turned into a ghost town I sorta had only dropped in occasionally to see if anything new was around.
88wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 09:38   #41
VL_JOHN
Player

Car: Maranello Red LW5 MX7 BT1
Send a message via ICQ to VL_JOHN Send a message via MSN to VL_JOHN
Quote:
Agreed. Club VL on facebook is a toxic environment. As are many other VL related pages. I feel a lot better having removed myself from all of them.
VL_JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote