1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

Car: cammed VE SSV sportwagon, S2 VLCT
Trader Rating: (38)
Send a message via MSN to Lazza78
VLC project

Model: VL calais series2.. white over silver with electric sunroof
Year: 1987
Engine: was n/a but converted to turbo
Gearbox: n/a auto with shiftkit, handles the power fine at the moment, hopefully will change to a built auto or a 5 speed conversion when the auto breaks
Exhaust: 3in dump into pacemaker front pipe and 3in from there back including hi-flow cat and 2 mufflers
Wheels: rolls on polished calais wheels but have the 18in koya's that came with it in the shed
Mods: n/a convert to turbo with stock T3 but with nistune ecu and 550cc siemans inj's and 11psi... has front mount and afm in the piping
Future:resprayed sometime in the near future and the plans are to freshen up my A8 turbo motor i have... also fitted gold series dba front rotors with bendix pads and turbo calipers

so i thought i would finally put this up here after owning it for over 2 years now... came into our possession missing a few things-no fuel tank or pumps, no rad and fan+fan shroud and the engine was unbolted ready for removal.. but as u will see in the first pics it looked complete misus the grill

the car had been started for years and first thing was to get a tank and pumps... as i was in no rush for starters it took a while for it happen(close to 6 months) once i got them and fitted them i started to actually wanna work on it... got everything hooked up on the fuel side and after sorting out the fuel lines at the front it start straight away...

after playin around with it for the next 12 months when time n money was avail i did the rust work(front n rear screens, with new screen fitted at front) put a pioneer headunit in it with a new electric aerial.. also cant forget my cobalt series boost, oil and water gauges for the inside..

at easter last year a mate gave me a hand to do the turbo conversion,took best part of 3 days and i wasnt rushing it, everything went well and in the end it started first go and ran great. pic of it after the conversino was done

stayed like this til it was rego'd in june and i put the cooler kit on the following weekend... fitted a sard fuel reg and put a few proflow fitting in the engine bay, fitted a catch can and fitting on the rocker cover...

here is a pic of the bay as it sits now, cooler pipes are gettin powder coated in a few weeks and thats about it for now.... time to enojy it and take it out when i can..

and a pic of it on the polished calais wheels

will update this when i think of things i have missed...

enjoy and let me know what u think

Larry
Old 17-03-12, 22:55   #2
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

Car: 10.8 @ 121 mph
Trader Rating: (62)
Send a message via MSN to leb vlt
Looks real nice on the polished Calais wheels mate
leb vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-12, 18:17   #3
Lazza78
1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

cheers lebvlt.. i forgot i started this thread on here..

cooler pipes have been powder coated satin black..

decided to put one of my 20's off my vt onto the calais to check for strut clearances.. might have to find new wheels for the vt now..

Old 09-05-12, 19:05   #4
FLY-03L
Official Member

Car: 5 Speed VL SL
Trader Rating: (6)
Nice one! Love the sun roof on it mate. Whats the interior like?
Id love something like this one day once my cars done. Stocker VLCT auto cruiser!

How much did the nistune set you back?

Keep it posted
Old 09-05-12, 19:11   #5
Lazza78
1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

hey fly-03l... the interior is blue S2, pretty good for its ages, one ciggie burn on the drivers seat... i will get some trim pics on the weekend....

the nistune + injectors came with the turbo conversion, so unsure what it costs from new...

btw mate that SL of urs looks the part, colour combo, wheels n stance makes it so tuff !!

Larry
Old 11-05-12, 17:15   #6
TUXEDO
Locky

Car:
Trader Rating: (18)
Your car looks the goods mate, it would be a good idea to put your heat shield back on the exhaust manifold, especially having catch can on the hot side!
TUXEDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 19:09   #7
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
I'll buy the heat shield man pm me, got stock fuel reg too?
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 23:45   #8
Lazza78
1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

cheers for the comments.. heat shield was cracked around the bolt holes so i got rid of it... car gets driven every few weeks for prob 15mins max so it isnt goin to cause problems
Old 10-07-12, 19:18   #9
Lazza78
1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

ok time for an update, standard turbo conversion has been sold....

decided to go a high mount manifold.. which has been sand blasted and painted in hi temp ceramic paint..

chinese T04Z with .81 rear and also v-band dump.. 3in dump to the cat..

n/a plenum modded to forward facing..

intercooler slighty modded to suit the plenum, also changing all silicone to black from blue..

50mm ex gate with v-band also with screamer..

rocker cover has had -10 fittings welded on, waiting for a sunny day to spray it in red wrinkle paint..

heres a few pics as of today 10-7-12.. only started takin the calais apart just over a week ago...

Old 06-10-12, 20:43   #10
Lazza78
1 EVL 8/ 0 RIP 5/ 0N GA8

little update.... about a month ago i popped the head gasket on the 30, after years of abuse before i owned im surprised its last so long...

i ended up buying a mates vlt to get the running gear out of it... he spent alot of coin building the motor

the new motor is a factory A8 block with acl race series pistons, new rods, arp head studs and arp mains, head has been ported/polished, cometic head gasket.. and it had a 5 speed behind it aswell

motor n box was fitted last weekend and spent a few hours after work each night during the week gettin everything back together.. ended up gettin it running on sat, just need to get the reverse lights working as the loom from the box has the plug cut off it

next i will be upgrading the fuel pumps at some stage and get some boost into it..

also got rid of the t04z and went for a gt35, totally different to drive with the 35 on it