CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 17-01-06, 20:36   #1
antseh
Player

Car: VT Calais Supercharged V6
Trader Rating: (1)
Tuff new P Plate laws coming very soon.

From the Herald Sun

http://heraldsun.news.com.au/common/...5E2862,00.html

Quote:
P-plate crackdown
Exclusive by IAN HABERFIELD
15jan06

NEW drivers will spend four years on P-plates subject to zero blood-alcohol limits -- a year more than the current restriction -- under a State Government plan to slash Victoria's road toll.

Young drivers will spend a minimum of 12 months on L-plates and must receive 120 hours of instruction before undergoing a more stringent driving test for the right to display P-plates.
Under the plan, expected to be adopted by the State Government this year, 18 and 19-year-old L-platers who pass the driving test will spend 12 months on a restricted probationary licence to be called P1 and carry green P-plates. Only P1 drivers with a good record behind the wheel will progress to the three-year P2 licence, with the red P-plates.

P1 drivers with repeated minor offences will spend an extra six months on the restricted licence.

A zero blood-alcohol limit will apply for the four years of the new two-stage P-plate system.

All P-platers will be banned from driving high-powered cars and using mobile phones in cars.

Any repeat drink-driving, speeding, drag racing offences or other serious transgressions will carry severe penalties such as vehicle confiscation or forfeiture. Offenders will also have to undergo counselling.

On relicensing, all drivers aged under 25, convicted of drink-driving with a BAC of 0.05, will have alcohol ignition locks fitted to their vehicles for six months.

Research shows that 120 people are killed and 2300 are seriously injured each year in crashes involving 18-25-year-old drivers -- one third of the road toll.

Driving late at night with multiple passengers, drink-driving, using mobile telephones and towing are much higher risk activities for young inexperienced drivers. Half of first-year drivers' fatal crashes occur while driving between 10pm and 6am or with multiple passengers.

Almost 30 per cent of first-year drivers killed late at night were affected by alcohol.

But the State Government has rejected a push for bans on late-night driving, passenger restrictions and lowering the licensing age.

Young drivers who commit traffic offences, in particular for speeding, have a 65 per cent higher risk of crashing.

Mobile phone use, including hands free, increases crash risk by 25 per cent and driver fatality risk is up to nine times higher.

Research has found that learner drivers under supervision have a low risk of crashing.

Crashes most commonly occur in the first six to 12 months of driving on a P licence.

Crash involvement drops dramatically with each additional month of driving experience.

Half of 21 to 25-year-old drivers killed on our roads are impaired by alcohol, despite a 0.05 BAC limit.

At all BAC levels, drivers up to 19 have five times the fatality risk of drivers aged 30 years or more.

Louise Perry, spokeswoman for Transport Minister Peter Batchelor, said an announcement on the new system would be made in coming months.

Ms Perry said more than 800 submissions had been received about proposed changes.

She said these would be reviewed before Mr Batchelor put a final proposal to Cabinet.
All I have to say is. Thankyou very much to the idiot P platers who never listen! Now we all have to suffer (no offence to those that do listen to our laws)
antseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-06, 20:39   #2
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
it wont affect you if you already have your p's.. im on mine for four years anyway.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-06, 20:52   #3
Jimma
Player

Car: VC SL/E, worked V8
Trader Rating: (0)
How come you're on yours for four? Also, are you sure it won't affect current P-platers?
Old 17-01-06, 20:55   #4
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

it says NEW drivers, plus i heard through a friend of the family who is a police officer that it will come in like the NSW laws did.

and im on my p's for 4 years because i fuc ked up. drove like a fuc kwit and got caught. i wont piss and moan about it cos its no one's fault but mine. i wore my 12 months suspension and haven't driven recklessly once since i got it back.
Old 17-01-06, 21:01   #5
[FARQUE]
Player

Car: lEgz bRo, lOst lIciENse
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to [FARQUE]
argh well, guess that means for u slack 18 year old to hurry up and get ur licience before u have it for 4 years

Last edited by aus880; 18-01-06 at 20:29.
[FARQUE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-06, 21:02   #6
Avenged7X
M.I.A.

Car: Never a VL again.
Trader Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
it says NEW drivers, plus i heard through a friend of the family who is a police officer that it will come in like the NSW laws did.

and im on my p's for 4 years because i fuc ked up. drove like a fuc kwit and got caught. i wont piss and moan about it cos its no one's fault but mine. i wore my 12 months suspension and haven't driven recklessly once since i got it back.
sure Kane... once you get in that VK its all over

on my full license

Last edited by aus880; 18-01-06 at 20:29.
Avenged7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-06, 21:12   #7
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

the VK is such a high powered POS haha
Old 24-01-06, 11:11   #8
SCAMER
Black on Black crime!!!

Car: bang bus!!
Trader Rating: (8)
i actually heard about these rules hitting sydney 3 yrs ago, my dad works for the rta and told me about all the rules and more that are coming out.. and said they cannot bring out a new rule like this mid year it has to be at the beginning of each year and vic roads/rta need a 6 months prior notice before they can enforce these rules so these rules and new p plates will be coming up at the end of this year..
SCAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-06, 12:28   #9
MrRacist
BANNED

Car: RAC.15T
Send a message via MSN to MrRacist
Hahah whoever told you that is a d-ck. They can bring out the laws anytime they want mate.
In NSW they brought the new laws midway through june/july..
Anytime the laws get passed they can bring them in.
New laws: 'Can't scratch genital area whilst driving' - 'Can't think whilst driving' - what the f-ck else are they gona bring?
MrRacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-06, 18:06   #10
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
i like to read the statistics that the papers put out.
"Half of first-year drivers' fatal crashes occur while driving between 10pm and 6am or with multiple passengers." - Ofcourse... young people are either at school / work during the day and go out at night... most of their driving is at night.
"Research shows that 120 people are killed and 2300 are seriously injured each year in crashes involving 18-25-year-old drivers -- one third of the road toll." - This says 'involving' the younger community... not necessarily it being their fault. Also there are about 100 million times more younger drivers than older.

Since i was about 17, each year i read the stuff like this in the paper, 'ban this ban that, tighten up this tighten up that'... not once have they enforced advanced driving lessons or sit down with youngsters and discuss what can happen etc.
Im quite over reading articles like this as it does not tackle the real issues like young peoples mentality and lack of control for a vehicle.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-06, 19:19   #11
CHEFAI
Player

Car: I walk
Trader Rating: (16)
i get me @ the start ov next year
CHEFAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-06, 19:38   #12
thorpa
Player

Car: blue ova silver vlturbo
Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to thorpa
looks like i better get my licence in a few weeks when i go 4 it and have my turbo done asap

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=61263
thorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-06, 00:03   #13
[GRKXTC]
X-CEPTA

Trader Rating: (8)
this is *** stupid, im 16 at the moment so it affects me...

are they definatly bringing these laws in?
[GRKXTC] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-06, 12:21   #14
OMYPSI
Boost It

Car: Berlina Turbo
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO89
Since i was about 17, each year i read the stuff like this in the paper, 'ban this ban that, tighten up this tighten up that'... not once have they enforced advanced driving lessons or sit down with youngsters and discuss what can happen etc.
Im quite over reading articles like this as it does not tackle the real issues like young peoples mentality and lack of control for a vehicle.
well said, couldn't agree more. They've been 'about' to bring in new laws for ages now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO89
"Research shows that 120 people are killed and 2300 are seriously injured each year in crashes involving 18-25-year-old drivers -- one third of the road toll." - This says 'involving' the younger community... not necessarily it being their fault. Also there are about 100 million times more younger drivers than older.
-exactly. Nearly every second person i drive past on the road is a bloody P plater or young driver, especially at night.

The melbourne government are all talk.
I think this is the first new law of about 50,000 their going to 'actually' enforce.
Old 25-01-06, 12:48   #15
Boat captain
Bogan First class

Car: a boat
Trader Rating: (29)
they were talking about this when i was getting my p's and that was 6 years ago, so to all you newbies out there dont count your chickens yet lol.
Old 25-01-06, 18:54   #16
LTHLRB
Player

Car: 93 R33 GTS-T
Send a message via MSN to LTHLRB
get fucked to victoria and its gay laws that it enforces. I get my pz in november this year, so i guess its on me aswell. Hope whoever enforces these laws gets egged and cops brain damage.
Old 25-01-06, 19:29   #17
VN-1986
Player

Car:
look all i wanna know is that it will NOT affect P platers that have their licences..

and the only way youngsters will learn is if they come out with a smash tow truck driver for a week straight and then trust me itw ill scare them stupid and most who have the attitude of it will never happen to me will wake up and have a diff out look but we all cant do that so the next best thing is to show pics/vids or storyies ove real live accidents to scare p platers and l platers **** less, i know for a fact with the amt ove towies i know and that my dad knows i could scare a few ppls with their stories trust me...
VN-1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-06, 19:50   #18
LTHLRB
Player

not enough p plates do defencive driving courses thats what, and they try to impress too much. If you know you car can do burnouts even if you can dump 3rd and hold one, why would u needa prove it? why would u needa prove that ur car can skate out in the wet and go into a pole? im into going sideways, going fast and burnouts, but you needa be smart about it, do it somewhere were there are no poles, or people AND if you are going to risk your life, dont fuck anyone else's life by risking your own.
Old 25-01-06, 20:07   #19
Loves A dose
[VLTPSI]

Car: VL Turbo [VLTPSI] 2 Door Bmw
They said you cant have High Performence cars, does that include a stock vl with a cooler ?
Old 25-01-06, 23:25   #20
LTHLRB
Player

yes, it does. But who goes by the book these days?
Old 26-01-06, 01:42   #21
michael2427
Official Non-VL Owner

Car: Coming Soon
Trader Rating: (10)
Hope its July 1st the rules take affect in as i'll be 18 on june 27th
michael2427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-06, 08:38   #22
VN-1986
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTHLRB
not enough p plates do defencive driving courses thats what, and they try to impress too much. If you know you car can do burnouts even if you can dump 3rd and hold one, why would u needa prove it? why would u needa prove that ur car can skate out in the wet and go into a pole? im into going sideways, going fast and burnouts, but you needa be smart about it, do it somewhere were there are no poles, or people AND if you are going to risk your life, dont fuck anyone else's life by risking your own.

Well sed man, if ur going to do it do it out ove harms way and on ur own.
VN-1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-06, 11:05   #23
PROGMH

Car:
my brother is spewing about this rule. he has spent years building up his XW Falcon with a 302 stroked to 351... nine inch, detailed engine bay and interior etc... now after all of this work, and money, hes hoping these rules dont come out before he gets his P's in september.

But as i said before, 5 years ago when i was 17, they were going to bring out this rule about no P platers are allowed to drive after 10pm any night...
i bet the statistics would then say '99% of P plate crashes happen before 10pm... its like... NO WAY!
I think its just the government trying to show the tax payers that they are *pretending* / trying to do the right thing and look after youngsters without actually putting laws into place. I have nothing against rules that may save lives etc, but surely youve got to make the laws relevant.
Old 26-01-06, 17:54   #24
Jimma
Player

Car: VC SL/E, worked V8
Is your brothers the orange one? And by the way, are you sure a 302 is OK in an XW sedan even under current laws?

FalconFacts says Kerb weight: 2972lb (1348kg)
1.348 * 3.5 = 4.718
302 CI = 4.949
4.949 > 4.718 .: Car fails on capacity unless VicRoads have the wrong tare weight.
Old 26-01-06, 20:09   #25
PROGMH

Car:
yeah its orange... 'vermillion fire'.

its a $100 fine for driving a high powered vehicle... woo hoo. See p platers in Gen III's.
Anyway... itd take some hard work by an officer to work it out.