GRUNT Performance

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-06, 13:54   #26
VLHOOD
trashbag

Car: WRX Impreza :)
Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to VLHOOD
might have to drive to melbourne on petrol and see gasman; stay there a few days then drive back on gas...

Hmmm
Old 10-02-06, 14:57   #27
Sinister
Player

Car: Zonda, Maybach, Koenigsegg, Veyron daily...
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to Sinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLHOOD
might have to drive to melbourne on petrol and see gasman; stay there a few days then drive back on gas...

Hmmm
it takes about 2 weeks just to order the parts, i rang them last week
Old 10-02-06, 15:07   #28
MICKYYYY
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Gas

02 6255 4545 JACKS PERFORMANCE CANBERRA, they do alot GAS turbo conversions.
Old 11-02-06, 12:55   #29
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
wellsy dont know ****

wellsy if you really do know all about gas (lpg) why doesn't your car make the power you were braging it would make?
straight answer please...
an msd doesnt solve all your problems either does a crane fireball sys.

Old 11-02-06, 13:02   #30
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister
if it backfires it can rip your intake or filter box apart, no biggie
for the nissan you'd only need one mixer (ie one throttle body)
gas just evens out with price, if you had a good petrol combo you will need:
fuel pump (or pumpS) regulator, injectors, throttlebody, ecu (most likely aftermarket) and tune... This is very expensive stuff, and dont forget when its all done that its still going to cost $1.30+ a litre for premium.
gas youll need 2 converters, throttle body, gas tank and lines all installed, and a tune, these few bits arent cheap either, but when its all done, 45cents a litre.

sinister... the problems that you have listed when the car backfires are small, adding to that the worest possible outcome of a bad backfire is cracking the plenum.. saying this i have never heard of anyone having that problem but it is possible..
Old 11-02-06, 13:06   #31
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLMuzza
Yes its hard to find ppl who relaly know how to build a straight gas car. Without gasman around I wouldnt bother. Once he is back he will bring out some very quick LPG cars.

But LPG is the best. May car never skips a beat. I wouldnt look back esspecially when i pay like 0.45cents a liter :P
No doubt about it gasman is the best.. but there are still acouple of people (2).. that know how to build and tune a gas weapon! you and i both know who theres people are hint hint.. not alan
Old 11-02-06, 15:19   #32
alotofpsi
Official Member

Car: Refer to avatar
Trader Rating: (6)
Every couple of months this topic comes up hey. Its also covered on straightgas.com. All of us who have anything to do with gas mention the same points over and over again. Im not going to do this however cause really there is no point for a couple of reasons. Firstly no one wants to admit they are wrong or that someone knows more or has got there set up running better. Secondly thats what the search tool is used for.

Anyway as far as backfiring is concerned it is such a simple problem im not going to mention the sollution. The only thing ill say is if your gas application does it and your workshop or mechanic can't work it out why your in trouble. Also ive seen inlet manifolds split the entire length of the plenum due to backfiring.

Oh and of course the most sensitive topic going around at the moment of who is the man to tune my gas application? This year they will definatly be tested and we will really find the best tuner for gas for sure. Not based on opinion but by statistics and fact. As sheets of paper with facts on them eg timeslips speak louder then words/typing. Thats why I limit what I say. On that note my car has now been completed, I will race it in the next few weeks in the same tune as I run on the street but with transbrake turned on and MTs on the back.
Old 11-02-06, 15:36   #33
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
couldn't agree with you more

Quote:
Originally Posted by alotofpsi
Every couple of months this topic comes up hey. Its also covered on straightgas.com. All of us who have anything to do with gas mention the same points over and over again. Im not going to do this however cause really there is no point for a couple of reasons. Firstly no one wants to admit they are wrong or that someone knows more or has got there set up running better. Secondly thats what the search tool is used for.

Anyway as far as backfiring is concerned it is such a simple problem im not going to mention the sollution. The only thing ill say is if your gas application does it and your workshop or mechanic can't work it out why your in trouble. Also ive seen inlet manifolds split the entire length of the plenum due to backfiring.

Oh and of course the most sensitive topic going around at the moment of who is the man to tune my gas application? This year they will definatly be tested and we will really find the best tuner for gas for sure. Not based on opinion but by statistics and fact. As sheets of paper with facts on them eg timeslips speak louder then words/typing. Thats why I limit what I say. On that note my car has now been completed, I will race it in the next few weeks in the same tune as I run on the street but with transbrake turned on and MTs on the back.
very true in what you have said.. i am also sick and tied of people talking crap, looking forward to see how you go on the track. my car will also be a straight lpg VL and have the intention of being a serious compititor on street and strip.
Old 11-02-06, 15:43   #34
busted
Player

Car: vl turbo
within a month my car will finally be tuned now that ive sorted the mad vibration i had in the car too (****ed tailshaft) with the new plenum fitted i hope to push the highflow as far as it can go.... wonder how long it will last at 18psi+

Im retaining the stock ignition computer with an msd 6AL style computer and beefier coil to boost spark. Dont want a repeat of something like the night jason's xe (silver ghetto one) had alternator issues, back fired, blew the cooler pipe off and smashed the headlight leaving it all over the start line at calder!

I will also be experimenting with water injection too anyone on gas should definately look into it because sadly with gas, unlike petrol, LPG is already in its gaseous state when its introduced into the engine, so it cant take any temp out of the intake air... also, running richer on gas, unlike petrol, leads to higher engine temps and burnt exhaust valves I have done a fair bit of testing with gas systems over the last few years, and hope to have this setup nailed within the next month or two.
Old 11-02-06, 18:57   #35
GAS747
GAS747

Car: GAS747 | TUFGT0
Trader Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suxgas
No doubt about it gasman is the best.. but there are still acouple of people (2).. that know how to build and tune a gas weapon! you and i both know who theres people are hint hint.. not alan
and who mite that be?
Turbochargers
Old 12-02-06, 02:35   #36
WooD
Player

Car: R31 10.005@137.5
Quote:
my car will also be a straight lpg VL and have the intention of being a serious compititor on street and strip.
haha
Old 12-02-06, 14:26   #37
NGAPLZ
Player

Car:
Quote:

agreed
Old 12-02-06, 23:09   #38
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
whats so funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooD
haha
what do u find funny wood??
you shouldn't be laughing.. how many times have i HELPD u by working on your car while you've been out an about?? put my car on hold so yours can be on the road, or have you forgotten this?? selective memory??
wrong person to get smart to, show alil respect!
Old 12-02-06, 23:47   #39
WooD
Player

Car: R31 10.005@137.5
Quote:
what do u find funny wood??
you shouldn't be laughing.. how many times have i HELPD u by working on your car while you've been out an about?? put my car on hold so yours can be on the road, or have you forgotten this?? selective memory??
wrong person to get smart to, show alil respect!
you make me laugh, no **** you were working on my car so you could get yours done you idiot. wrong person to get smart to? who the **** do you think you are? so chris, does that KEAS t-shirt you wear help you become a mechanic? also i thought ben only had a missus not a boyfriend too. hey next time i come around can you make me a greek latte too haha.

hey so what was this all about you coming on here and **** stirring? trying to do what john ezy10 did? atleast he didnt get found out in 1 day you lost ****. look, you know my number if you want to settle it give me a call.

ps. the red and the pink thing will chop you senseless.

see you at easternats bitch.
Old 12-02-06, 23:52   #40
havacry
Player

Car:
alot of angry people on this forum

lol
Old 12-02-06, 23:55   #41
havacry
Player

Car:
everything has it's pro's and con's
the most common con for LPG is the fact it is under estimated.
Old 13-02-06, 07:46   #42
suxgas
Official Member

Car:
is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WooD
you make me laugh, no **** you were working on my car so you could get yours done you idiot. wrong person to get smart to? who the **** do you think you are? so chris, does that KEAS t-shirt you wear help you become a mechanic? also i thought ben only had a missus not a boyfriend too. hey next time i come around can you make me a greek latte too haha.

hey so what was this all about you coming on here and **** stirring? trying to do what john ezy10 did? atleast he didnt get found out in 1 day you lost ****. look, you know my number if you want to settle it give me a call.

ps. the red and the pink thing will chop you senseless.

see you at easternats bitch.
hey woody your just upset u didn't get a KEAS t-shirt aren't you.. owww cry baby, hey wood you can fcukin blow me cu*t. big words woody ur car is gonna chop mine ay? i reckon u'll melt a piston before u get to the line champ.. im really looking forward to scream past u. give u a call? wat for? do u really think u got a chance?? i ant gona be at the nats.. lol i dont think yours will make it there either haha.
thanks for ur reply wood it was laugh
Old 13-02-06, 08:08   #43
Morgz
Morgzano Racing

Car: MRGM62 - LSX Tuner #8
Trader Rating: (27)
Send a message via MSN to Morgz
Same people, when ever gas gets bought up, the sh1t fight starts... whats wrong with some healthy competition?
Old 13-02-06, 09:13   #44
VLHOOD
trashbag

Car: WRX Impreza :)
Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to VLHOOD
Take it to the PMs.
Just goes to show how big you guys are having a fight via the internet/text.
Grow up the pair of you.

Thanks everyone for their 'serious input'.
Old 13-02-06, 09:20   #45
GAS747
GAS747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgo
Same people, when ever gas gets bought up, the sh1t fight starts... whats wrong with some healthy competition?
haha Chris AKA SUXGAS has problems man. This is how he speak to everyone. Im sure we will see his Harlequin VLT out soon on straight gas Ben is building it. He built the gold calais that ran 12.2 the nite I ran 10.8.
Turbochargers

Last edited by GAS747; 16-02-06 at 10:50.
Old 13-02-06, 09:23   #46
Morgz
Morgzano Racing

Car: MRGM62 - LSX Tuner #8
Trader Rating: (27)
Send a message via MSN to Morgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLMuzza
haha Chris AKA SUXGAS has problems man. This is how he speak to everyone. Im sure we will see his Harlequin VLT out soon on straight gas Ben is building it. He built the gold calais that ran 12.2 the nite I ran 10.8?
hahahaha, it's a big call.. if it was so simple there would be more than 1 gas VLT on gas ito the 10s.. time will tell..

Whos this Ben guy? Does he work for a particular workshop?

Last edited by GAS747; 16-02-06 at 10:52.
Old 13-02-06, 09:32   #47
GAS747
GAS747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgo
hahahaha, it's a big call.. if it was so simple there would be more than 1 gas VLT on gas ito the 10s.. time will tell..

Whos this Ben guy? Does he work for a particular workshop?
Ben does all his LPG builds from home. Ben works for Bresciani. Has been since they advertised for that job a while back.

I know him well he is good at what he does. Yes your right though big LPG set ups arent easy... Im sure ill find out when i go for the full rebuild
Turbochargers
Old 13-02-06, 10:22   #48
alotofpsi
Official Member

Car: Refer to avatar
Trader Rating: (6)
Quote:
very true in what you have said.. i am also sick and tied of people talking crap, looking forward to see how you go on the track. my car will also be a straight lpg VL and have the intention of being a serious compititor on street and strip.
Then shut up then and run some numbers. Untill then dont write,talk or mention me or my car again. Show some respect as Im the sargent around here. Also you should talk to Ben before you run your mouth off. Cause you don't have enough to keep up with me. So if you see the Sargent coming on the hi way, do yourself a favour and pull over to the left (just like you should when a hi way patrol car is in pursuit behind you) as I will be passing. You have made statements and promises that you can't deliver upon. Anyway are they your plates SUXGAS or just your ct name. If there not your plates you should consider checking vic roads to see if the plates SUXCOX is available as it will be more fitting for you...........and don't try and become my friend now like you did with Paul as you know what we all think of you. Ill see you on the hi way maybe............If I can make you out in my rear view mirror.
Old 13-02-06, 10:32   #49
GAS747
GAS747

Quote:
Then shut up then and run some numbers. Untill then dont write,talk or mention me or my car again. Show some respect as Im the sargent around here. Also you should talk to Ben before you run your mouth off. Cause you don't have enough to keep up with me. So if you see the Sargent coming on the hi way, do yourself a favour and pull over to the left (just like you should when a hi way patrol car is in pursuit behind you) as I will be passing. You have made statements and promises that you can't deliver upon. Anyway are they your plates SUXGAS or just your ct name. If there not your plates you should consider checking vic roads to see if the plates SUXCOX is available as it will be more fitting for you...........and don't try and become my friend now like you did with Paul as you know what we all think of you. Ill see you on the hi way maybe............If I can make you out in my rear view mirror.
haha yes very true. he was all nice to me, asked me to take him for a spin so i did it. Then this is wot i get in return? LOL At least now the truth is out. Funni how you have to wait till ur behind a computer screen :P Not face to face like a man.
Turbochargers
Old 13-02-06, 12:39   #50
SirGeo
Administrator

Car: '67 Camaro in the Build... And still looking for a stock'ish BT1
Trader Rating: (40)
Send a message via ICQ to SirGeo Send a message via MSN to SirGeo
-Thread locked.

-Guys and girls, if you wanna take shots at eachother, use PM's.
Closed Thread