User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > VL Turbo Discussion
Tyres Now

Old 18-01-11, 17:21   #26
phantom_t
Player

Car: VESSThunder,Vl Calais Series 2 rb25det, 1990 Vette
Trader Rating: (1)
I wanted a VLCT since school, but couldnīt afford it so i got a gemini(piece of crap) lol then vk calais, then r31, then finally NA VLC, converted that to turbo as funds allowed, got stolen, luckily got it back as it had about $8K of mods done to it, like kit, rims turbo etc. etc.. then blew the head!
it has been of the road for about 3-4years now, rebuilt the motor, crank, bearings, turbo pump,converted to manual blah blah... but would not fire up, so i thought i would start a clean slate and swapped it to an rb25det! i drove it for the first time today since 3-4 years, and oh was it a good feeling! when boost came on it seems to be more of a rush than the 3L, maybe because of manual??
There is just something about vlīs the way they drive and feel! I think i will always have mine, spent too much on it to sell now! and i have had it for about 10 years too! Plus Calais look better than any other Commodore! :-)
Old 18-01-11, 17:23   #27
mkd
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
why cant holden just make a new vl ffs and have 2011 tecnhology in it
mkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 17:36   #28
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
Trader Rating: (4)
vls are to small on the inside i feel like donkey kong but im not evan big lol

what do you have?
NASTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 18:09   #29
Matt.
Player

Car: 1988 VL Vacationer 5 spd Sedan, 1984 Toyota Corona (JDM Styled Stance Build).
Trader Rating: (1)
Lol, I kinda like the smallness of VL's, it's nice to have a decent sized sedan.
Cosy lol, bit of character, none of this oversized, feel like I'm driving a boat,
boring black plastic that we have to put up with today.
Don't have to touch a VL's interior either for it to look good.
Old 18-01-11, 18:40   #30
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
the only good vl trim is s2 calais

what do you have?
Old 18-01-11, 19:05   #31
mkd
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt. View Post
Lol, I kinda like the smallness of VL's, it's nice to have a decent sized sedan.
Cosy lol, bit of character, none of this oversized, feel like I'm driving a boat,
boring black plastic that we have to put up with today.
Don't have to touch a VL's interior either for it to look good.
agree 100 %
Old 18-01-11, 21:00   #32
AGE-086
Player

Car: VX SS '86 VL SL turbo '88 Calais 5.0L '66 HR Prem
Owned 3 Vls, still got two (SL turbo quarter pounder & SII V8 Calais resto) and man its a freakin disease but i love em. My whole family got em, father in law in a SII 6cyl Calais, my brother in law got a mint Series 200 and a Calais turbo, other brother got a Calais 331 stroker and a V8 berlina....... man its like smoking, its bad for you and costs alot but you still do it.... late night ebay searching for parts, checkin out every VL you see on the side of the road asking of they want to sell it.....
But in the end, the waves and smile you get when takin a VL for a drive, its the best
AGE-086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 21:38   #33
Nackerz
Mechanic at Holden/Nissan

Car: Vl Turbo, VN SS, VY SV8
Trader Rating: (8)
Me and the missus have owned about 8 vl's. Still have 2 of them

They are the best! I tell you that the bug has got me and the missus around its little finger lol.
Old 18-01-11, 22:53   #34
SMOKED
Player

Car:
I have onsold my HDT VL and drive an everyday car now. Still want another VL or VK one day.
SMOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-11, 02:55   #35
HDT086
Player

Car: Turbo Fun
Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via MSN to HDT086
Owned few turbos & 1 non turbo in my younger years these cars are hard to say NO too i want more in the future.

Last edited by HDT086; 19-01-11 at 02:57.
HDT086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-11, 09:37   #36
fjute1955
Player

Car:
ive had 4 Vl's 2 VLT's 2 NA's and when ever i dont have one i want one ive never had a more enjoyable car they are a real drivers car light, powerful and most of all fun havent had one for 6 yrs and miss them like hell so the other day i bought a VLT engine and drive train and will do my dream project RB30et in a 1955 FJ ute its not a vl but it has its heart and soul in it. Who is thinking of air con or comfort when that RB30et is pushing you hard into the seat under boost ow yeah thats what its all about
fjute1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-11, 13:48   #37
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjute1955 View Post
ive had 4 Vl's 2 VLT's 2 NA's and when ever i dont have one i want one ive never had a more enjoyable car they are a real drivers car light, powerful and most of all fun havent had one for 6 yrs and miss them like hell so the other day i bought a VLT engine and drive train and will do my dream project RB30et in a 1955 FJ ute its not a vl but it has its heart and soul in it. Who is thinking of air con or comfort when that RB30et is pushing you hard into the seat under boost ow yeah thats what its all about
its actualy the heart and sole of a skyline

what do you have?
Old 19-01-11, 14:01   #38
MrA.
Player

Car: Calais turbo, SSV Ute
Trader Rating: (2)
i know how u feel i sold my last vl about a year ago since then had my vz ute, its nice and all but wasnt the same, so i had to buy another vlct.
MrA. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-11, 15:27   #39
VLAero6
Player

Car: SL Turbo Aero Kitted[JETRB6], Berlina Turbo Daily
Ive owned 3 VL's, 2 of which i still have today. The turbo is the weekender and the NA is my daily. Ive had the vl bug since i was about 14 and cant imagine driving anything else. VL's are a perfect size, not too small not too big plus they are light so u can throw them into corners so much easier compared to other cars. My daily has no air con, no power windows stiff lowered suspension and gets beaten by all the new 4cyl cars out there lol but i still love it!!
VLAero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-11, 20:36   #40
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
i feel all you guys pain, ive had about 13 vlts and i love themm ive been outta the vl scene for about 2 years but i admire them alot, ive had clubbys, ss's and so on, im up to about 30 odd cars in 4 years and i still love them vl! im on this bloody website everyday and constantly browse ebay and carsales as welshy does! i drive a bloody off its face blown ls1 monaro now but stil find myself staring at vlt's exspecially bt1s (yellow)
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-11, 22:10   #41
vlaholic
Player

Car: 1999 ford xr8, 1987 vlct, suzuki swift
wo wo wo wo vlct are lucturary super comfy seats and full electrics some cars today dont even have these features
vlaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-11, 17:57   #42
marcg
Gold Members

Car: VL SL, R32
For the next 2 weeks I'm riding a pushbike to work and bringing homemade sandwiches and cordial because I spent every last cent on my second vl

The vl bug is crazy, it's like herpes. You can deny it all you like but it's always gonna be there.
marcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-11, 20:28   #43
mkd
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcg View Post
For the next 2 weeks I'm riding a pushbike to work and bringing homemade sandwiches and cordial because I spent every last cent on my second vl

The vl bug is crazy, it's like herpes. You can deny it all you like but it's always gonna be there.

lmfao ! funny cvunt
Old 28-01-11, 16:27   #44
Boyracer
Polarized

Car: VL 5.0, VS 3.8
Trader Rating: (19)
The thing with new Commodores is they are 1700kg and just not as nimble, the next best bargain buy would be a VS and when you get older have a VL project as well.
Old 01-02-11, 13:02   #45
GLD-086
Player

Car: 2004 VZ SS
Send a message via MSN to GLD-086
Although I do like other Commodores (VB-VK in particular) I still have the same soft spot for VLs that I did years ago.

I only just started driving mine again as a daily after about 5 years of being driven on, and off, and man I've missed driving it. There's no air con, no power steering, it's hot as a oven on a scorching day, and doesn't brake very good, but in a strange sort of way these are the things I like about it.

As someone else said I think they're the perfect size. Not too big like you're driving a boat, and not too small like you're driving a sardin can.

Even if I end up buying a new car I'll always look back, and think of the fun times I had with my VL.
Old 03-02-11, 05:52   #46
HDT086
Player

Car: Turbo Fun
Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via MSN to HDT086
Without a doubt best Commodore ever built.
HDT086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 07:53   #47
Andy-30L
Official Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDT086 View Post
Without a doubt best Commodore ever built.
im on my third... my first one was street driven until i got raped by epa (noise, filter. common bs). so it turned into a project, so obviously i got another one to compensate my urge lol. Then as always, u cant resist to keep em standard, so i turboed it an painted it bt1 style (yellow).

Then i decided to sell up as it was starting to need upgrades and I didnt see the point in continuing. So I sold an made a bit of money off it which was good. Around 2 months of driving a sh$tty vh wagon, it hit me again. I now own my third vl, genuine vlt manual.

I think that the thing that makes u want one the most (if you have the bug) is seeing other people drive them and remembering how much fun u may have had in previous times. Vls (as others have said) are by far not the most technologically advance cars around or anything, but i think its the simplicity and the ease of modding them that makes them so appealing to commodore enthusiasts. There light, easy to make fairly decent power on a budget, parts are cheap compared to euro, japanese cars. I still love em haha
Andy-30L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 20:07   #48
ISL33P
VLT Berlina 26/30 T56

Car:
Trader Rating: (42)
Send a message via MSN to ISL33P
I tried to leave but had no luck.....the VL Turbo was the only decent car I could get back when I was 17...yep 15 years ago, which my parents would let me get...I was hocked on 1600's at the time and the 1200 ute is still something I have unfinsihed business with LOL.

I now own my 4th and by far the wildest and last one for sure, then bring on the 1200 ute. Once you do one with the works (in your own mind or to your own taste) I think, what more can you ask for??? Let's just see how this one turns out
ISL33P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 20:16   #49
milad
VLT SOLD, FOREVER HAPPY

Car: 88 SL VLT- SOLD
parked my vl in the garage and went overseas for 12months..

been away from home for a month now and the only thing i miss the most is the vl!

i miss the way it go's sideways with the locker, the looks u get when u dose people, the bumpy ride on the way 2 the city for a cruise...

ahhh going crazy
milad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 21:13   #50
SkyWalker
Official Member

Car:
No!!! Milad how could u last man
12 months without a Vl is like going to jail and Neva let out of ya cell

And the vls are the best commodore as it wasn't fully made by Holden
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote