CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > Other VLs
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 05-06-04, 19:25   #1
Antho
Certified Wise

Car: 2 x VL Calais Turbo, VL Berlina Turbo, 2 x Ford Explorer V8, Subaru Forester GT, BMW 325i M Sport
Trader Rating: (74)
Antho's VL

This is my second VL, previously I owned a 1987 VL Executive with a cracked head as my project car then I needed a car to actually drive so I sold the Executive less an engine for $800 after pouring money into it and bought my current car a 1988 VL Berlina Series II. First thing I did when I bought it was take the dash mat off, gay "chrome" wheels covers and the mudflaps. I painted the pursuits which were black and I got some centre caps to make the wheels look respectable. I put on a group A letterbox grille and sprayed the bumpers white instead of the factory grey. Thats as far as I have gone with it for looks as I am saving all my dosh for a VL Turbo.

Mods so far include:
Extractors
2.5" straight through exhaust
Timing advanced to 20 degrees BTDC
Custom cold air induction with K&N panel filter
Sports steering wheel
Kenwood Stereo

Ive also had a few major mechanical parts that were worn replaced and I try to keep it maintaned very well as a nice tidy car. I replaced alot of small parts that were annoying me new power antenna, a few plastic pieces that were cracked etc...

Future plans include not spending any more money on it and keeping it as a daily driver while I look for a VL Calais Turbo.

Last edited by Antho; 08-11-07 at 19:03.
Antho is offline   Reply With Quote