CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > South Australia
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 26-07-14, 20:40   #101
3lturbo
.................
 
3lturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Location: International, .
Trader Rating: (0)
This looks awesome, especially the brakes!

I'd recommend going for a billet throttle body, go see Plazmaman/Hypetune etc., not overly pricey and will look the part too.
3lturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 22:04   #102
hdtf-18
Player
 
hdtf-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-11
Location: SA, CBD
Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-15, 23:04   #103
calaist5
Here since 2002
 
calaist5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20-01-08
Location: SA, Adelaide
Car: 1D008D LW5 MX7 BT1, Vl “Calais MOCK” sl Turbo 5speed, VZ
Trader Rating: (0)
Looking good
__________________
John Moyle Motor Engineering
1A Collins St, Enfield SA 5085
(08) 8269 3214

http://www.johnmoylemotorengineering.com.au/
calaist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 19:36   #104
MUS
Chunky but funky
 
MUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Location: Melbourne, North Side
Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
This build is exciting. Got any finished pics of the dash?
.
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-15, 10:49   #105
hdtf-18
Player
 
hdtf-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-11
Location: SA, CBD
Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUS View Post
This build is exciting. Got any finished pics of the dash?
not as yet, am now going to be doing the centre part of the dash with a 6.1 inch flat screen built in and deleting the air con control levers and vents so in the process of drawing up a design to send over along with the screen, also decided to mount the tweeters sitting up in the dash above where the air vents are in a vl on the outsides
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 07:20   #106
hdtf-18
Player
 
hdtf-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-11
Location: SA, CBD
Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
Finally a day I have been waiting a long time for arrived! On Tuesday the vl was picked up and was able to be driven home for the run in period of 1000kms. On just the base tune running 6psi it was still so amazing to hear the car run and to be in and driving on the street, a feeling many of those who have had long term projects can associate with. My god are the brakes insane! With all the major components and even the smaller components of every bit of mechanical either being replaced or modified the best thing about the car was that it won't just be powerful but will be a challenge to drive and throw you around and make u feel the bumps it was in general an awesome feeling total package and doesn't feel 25 years old. Here's some pics but one thing is for sure it makes me depressed knowing how far it still has left before being done!
http://share.pho.to/9yftt
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 09:39   #107
dougall83
10:3 @129mph
 
dougall83's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-01-13
Location: QLD, townsville
Car: calais turbo"VLT006"
Trader Rating: (2)
Sexy brakes there bloke, love the blue too
__________________
“No, no, no. There's no such thing as cheap and cheerful. It's cheap and nasty & expensive and cheerful.”
dougall83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 01:30   #108
hdtf-18
Player
 
hdtf-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-11
Location: SA, CBD
Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
So low and behold it finally had its first proper tune at faustune. Unfortunately the existing twin 044’s which are probably past their used by date and the small 1200cc injectors meant at a bit over 6000rpm it wasn’t able to going. Positive side of things it made 368rwkw on just 16psi and at only 6200rpm. After talking to Clint about upping the injectors and fuel pumps and changing to external gate and pushing it out towards 7000 (not sure what built 30/25’s are capable of rpm wise) he’s hopeful of it going high 400’s. After it gets picked up it’s going to straight to a crash shop to get mini tubs quoted. Does anyone here from SA know how much width can be gained from doing this without having to cut into anything structural? Car has 245/35/19’s on atm so need as much as possible.
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 20:19   #109
TuxedoCal
Player
 
TuxedoCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30-11-16
Location: SA, Adelaide
Car: Red SS VY ute, Tuxedo Blk VLC V8 sedan, Yellow LJ 2door Torana GTR replica
Trader Rating: (0)
Tuff as VL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtf-18 View Post
So low and behold it finally had its first proper tune at faustune. Unfortunately the existing twin 044’s which are probably past their used by date and the small 1200cc injectors meant at a bit over 6000rpm it wasn’t able to going. Positive side of things it made 368rwkw on just 16psi and at only 6200rpm. After talking to Clint about upping the injectors and fuel pumps and changing to external gate and pushing it out towards 7000 (not sure what built 30/25’s are capable of rpm wise) he’s hopeful of it going high 400’s. After it gets picked up it’s going to straight to a crash shop to get mini tubs quoted. Does anyone here from SA know how much width can be gained from doing this without having to cut into anything structural? Car has 245/35/19’s on atm so need as much as possible.
Awesome power there on your VL. It will be great to see another VL back on the road in SA. Hope you get to take it out for a drive every now and then over the coming months when the weather improves. Maybe even take it on some car cruises. Sorry I can't give you any advice on mini tubs. Keep up the good work. Good luck. Regards Chris

---------- Post added 17-09-18 at 20:07 ----------

I have posted pics of your car on the thread:
Where are they now - VL's from VLCT.com.au??

I guess it's safe to say that it is still in SA and with the same owner, awesome!!
__________________
I've been hiding from exercise, I'm in the fitness protection program!
TuxedoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 11:47   #110
hdtf-18
Player
 
hdtf-18's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-11
Location: SA, CBD
Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCal View Post
Awesome power there on your VL. It will be great to see another VL back on the road in SA. Hope you get to take it out for a drive every now and then over the coming months when the weather improves. Maybe even take it on some car cruises. Sorry I can't give you any advice on mini tubs. Keep up the good work. Good luck. Regards Chris

---------- Post added 17-09-18 at 20:07 ----------

I have posted pics of your car on the thread:
Where are they now - VL's from VLCT.com.au??

I guess it's safe to say that it is still in SA and with the same owner, awesome!!

Thanks mate. When I picked it up last Tuesday Clint did another run in front of me to show me how it goes and it pushes u to 17psi at still only 6600 rpm and made 398rwkw. Have bought the 1750 Bosch ones he said I need to crank it up to 30psi
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-18, 23:29   #111
TuxedoCal
Player
 
TuxedoCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30-11-16
Location: SA, Adelaide
Car: Red SS VY ute, Tuxedo Blk VLC V8 sedan, Yellow LJ 2door Torana GTR replica
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtf-18 View Post
Thanks mate. When I picked it up last Tuesday Clint did another run in front of me to show me how it goes and it pushes u to 17psi at still only 6600 rpm and made 398rwkw. Have bought the 1750 Bosch ones he said I need to crank it up to 30psi
That is some sick power, even though I have a V8 I still love the power many people are getting out of their turbo 6's, 95% of them would leave my V8 in the dust. Unfortunately my car has the stock V8 in at the moment while I work out the Brock specs for my other motor to eventually go back in my VLC.

Keep posting your progress
__________________
I've been hiding from exercise, I'm in the fitness protection program!
TuxedoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger