User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > LPG GAS Specific
GRUNT Performance

Old 14-08-06, 18:40   #51
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)
the catch is they load every **** up with lpg conversions then raise the price of LPG to 1.40 a litre and we're back to square one
stupid ****ing government
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 18:40   #52
.loz
Gold Members

Car: Purple e36 328i manual coupe
Trader Rating: (5)
the tax on gas will never be as much as ULP because of these 2 points.
1. lower emissions (environmentalists will protest if the tax it ever matches)
2. like LTHLRB said, it burns quicker.

either way, im only interested if the myths about LPG and EPA are true

Last edited by .loz; 14-08-06 at 18:43.
.loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 18:44   #53
ENOTB
Player

Car: Truck
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WooD
any cars built after 1986 and on straight gas will not pass an emissions test as it has to be running the fuel it came out from the factory.
if my VL is 1986 will it pass then?? or is it 1985 below
Old 14-08-06, 19:44   #54
.loz
Gold Members

Car: Purple e36 328i manual coupe
1986 series I VL Commodores value skyrockets!
.loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 20:16   #55
gary
Player

Car: VN S
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
any cars built after 1986 and on straight gas will not pass an emissions test as it has to be running the fuel it came out from the factory.
Well think about it, a car on straight gas, isn't going to be able to run petrol so that rule wouldn't make any sense.

And it would pass an emissions test, as the test is exactly that, an emissions test.

Cars running LPG have less emissions, and gas dedicated cars can get away with mods that dual fuel and petrol cars wouldn't be able to legally. For example it is legal to have no cat/cats in a car running dedicated gas.

Cheers,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTHLRB
i read in the age somewhere at work, little johnny howard is gonna raise the price on LPG... one of the reasons why the grant is comming about... So the price of gas may even b to the $1 mark
There is legislation in place to make sure that the retail price of LPG does not exceed 50% of the retail price of regular unleaded. Makes sense as to why LPG prices lifted as petrol prices did, because they could!

Cheers,

Last edited by gary; 14-08-06 at 20:19. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 20:33   #56
stocky86
marry me sandra sully!

Car: Honda CR-V Sport, Farewell vlct!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [HAMOUD]
who cares 1 dollar is still cheaper than 1.40 and at the same time where all epa safe...dont even need to be stock anymore!
exactly man..... i can get mine done for $2600, collect the $2000, and my conversion cost me $600. and with the amount of driving i do now it would have paid for itself within 14 weeks.
Old 14-08-06, 20:37   #57
WooD
Player

Car: R31 10.005@137.5
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary
Well think about it, a car on straight gas, isn't going to be able to run petrol so that rule wouldn't make any sense.

And it would pass an emissions test, as the test is exactly that, an emissions test.

Cars running LPG have less emissions, and gas dedicated cars can get away with mods that dual fuel and petrol cars wouldn't be able to legally. For example it is legal to have no cat/cats in a car running dedicated gas.

Cheers,

There is legislation in place to make sure that the retail price of LPG does not exceed 50% of the retail price of regular unleaded. Makes sense as to why LPG prices lifted as petrol prices did, because they could!

Cheers,

mate you got no idea! all cars that are fitted with a cat from the factory have to retain it! do you see the e-gas falcons with no cats for example?

show me ANY car that is made after 1986 on straight gas that has passed. go have a read of ADR

also ENOTB, it is 01/86 so looks like no luck.

Last edited by WooD; 14-08-06 at 20:42.
WooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 20:43   #58
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary

Cheers,
This was brought out over 50 years ago and is no longer valid! The government agreed on it for a certain amount of years and then never re-did it. That was the whole reason they bought out LPG to start with, it didnt cost them anything to produce as it is a bi-product of making petrol. However there is nothing stopping LPG prices from rising to any level.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 20:45   #59
Zanjara
FREE CANDY!

Car: 300ZX J-Spec
Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via MSN to Zanjara
One thing to say... If you need fuel you buy simple as that.. No matter what the price is..

Think about the people who are drivers who work for themself... They are the ones who pay for fuel every single day not joe blow down the road filling up once a week...

I see like this if i drive my car and i need fuel i put it in simple as that no use crying over the price of it... Cannot have the cake and eat it too guys...

Converting to gas because what johnny is saying why bother.. What the fact that it puts more wear on your motor? and that when you goto do a 100,000kms service it cost you more then a car running on unleaded...

Different story if you fork out money for a gas research not mr dual fuel's gas conversion down the road which everyone seems to be getting and going back as they are having problems...
Zanjara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 21:32   #60
gary
Player

Car: VN S
Quote:
mate you got no idea! all cars that are fitted with a cat from the factory have to retain it! do you see the e-gas falcons with no cats for example?

show me ANY car that is made after 1986 on straight gas that has passed. go have a read of ADR

What does an E-Gas falcon run on? Petrol AND gas...

What I stated above was told to me by a gas fitter.. But I mean ****, he could have been wrong but yeah, thats just what I had been told Not having a go at you mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWO89
This was brought out over 50 years ago and is no longer valid! The government agreed on it for a certain amount of years and then never re-did it. That was the whole reason they bought out LPG to start with, it didnt cost them anything to produce as it is a bi-product of making petrol. However there is nothing stopping LPG prices from rising to any level.
My mistake then, didn't realise this was the case. Any idea as to how long it was in place then?

Last edited by gary; 14-08-06 at 21:40. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 21:51   #61
iliveover
Player

Car: holden
Trader Rating: (3)
gas will go up if everyone uses it if they stop using pedy it will go down esy fellas no win eather way
iliveover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 21:53   #62
mcdarragh
****in Aye

Car: WB injected 5L
Send a message via MSN to mcdarragh
well it's official 2K grant for a gas conversion on an existing car, probably a dece idea, even though gas will go up, eventually the fuel is gonna rocket due to lack of oil. So i reckon get it while you can
mcdarragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 21:57   #63
LTHLRB
Player

Car: 93 R33 GTS-T
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to LTHLRB
ok. Maybe not as much as pech but still more than usual. I am still not convinced about this payout. There hasto be some kind of catch i just cant trust someone with eyebrows that size...
Old 14-08-06, 22:03   #64
da_ilks
Player

Car: Liberty B4
Quote:

Incorrect.

Running straight gas means you can skip all emissions gear, including catalytic convertors.
Old 14-08-06, 22:17   #65
Fallen
Player

Car: VW Golf GTI MY08
My prediction - petrol stations better get more LPG pumps or there's gonna be a lot of waiting...

Who wouldn't convert? It's gonna take an unprecedented gas shortage for LPG prices to catch up to ULP (which is trended to continue to rise), irrespective of the government's planned increase of the tax on LPG. Plus there's a huge difference in emissions and therefore environmental impact.

Sure beats buying a Prius....
Old 14-08-06, 22:34   #66
KALAY
Fear is exciting for me

Car: VL Calais
Trader Rating: (6)
all the people that like that idea are all suckers for lil johnny's taxes

you see, gas is cheap now, he is tryin to get MORE people on lpg BUT!

what they dont say, you use WAY more lpg than petrol, my falcon v8 was cheaper on petrol than lpg why? you use that much more gas...

u gotta run gas valve seats

you lose half you boot space

bad tune and ur stuffed

you cant fill up on the sie of the road

a few years after that gas conversion money comes in, how little johnnie will start an excuse on lpg and over 5 years will be like 15 cpl!

he can shove it up his arse, im sticking to ulp
KALAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 22:47   #67
unknown
McFry

Trader Rating: (10)
like has been said earlier in the thread, if you cant afford to put fuel in your VL, then you cant afford to keep the car
Old 14-08-06, 23:21   #68
jeff3ltr
BANNED

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
Well think about it if he lashes out the money for all these lpg installations he will be getting all his spending plus a lot more back from the mechanics fitting these lpg systems via there tax. His looking is looking for ways to line his greedy little pockets and he cant control u.s oil prices because its out of his hands but lpg is made right here in australia and thats something he can control both via price hikes at the bowser and via the extra money that will be generated from tax from the workers making it as a lot more people would be needed to make it to meet demand. Everybody think yaayyyy its all great now but watch and see there faces later on as the **** hits the fan with big price hikes and stuff.
jeff3ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-06, 23:47   #69
WooD
Player

Car: R31 10.005@137.5
Trader Rating: (4)
there are straight gas e-gas falsons built.

and about the cat, been told by one of the guys at the EPA about that and he said if the car came with it, then its still gotta have it, even if on straight gas.
WooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-06, 01:01   #70
blackjet
Player

Car: R33 SKYLINE GTST
little jonny howard is going to use our tax paying money for the rebait just so he can make more money for him self in the long run.It the old saying you gotta spend money to make money but insteed hes using tax payers money more than likely.
blackjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-06, 01:19   #71
OldGold

Car:
Trader Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff3ltr
Well think about it if he lashes out the money for all these lpg installations he will be getting all his spending plus a lot more back from the mechanics fitting these lpg systems via there tax. His looking is looking for ways to line his greedy little pockets and he cant control u.s oil prices because its out of his hands but lpg is made right here in australia and thats something he can control both via price hikes at the bowser and via the extra money that will be generated from tax from the workers making it as a lot more people would be needed to make it to meet demand. Everybody think yaayyyy its all great now but watch and see there faces later on as the **** hits the fan with big price hikes and stuff.

yep

"However, whilst LPG is excise-free at the present time, there are plans to introduce an excise on LPG of 2.5 cents a litre in 2011 which will increase to 12 cents per litre (as opposed to the 38 cpl excise on petrol) in 2011."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20105651-2,00.html
OldGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-06, 17:43   #72
da_ilks
Player

Car: Liberty B4
12 cents of excise if better then half like on ULP

That excise has been announced for ages, like I said earlier. If anyone remembers, they wanted to tax it more but all the Taxi drivers cracked the ****s and said it would put them out of business, hence the 12.5cent increase.

There's a lot of urban legend about gas still around. Good I say, means I can get it, no one converts, and I get cheap fuel.
Old 15-08-06, 18:02   #73
mcdarragh
****in Aye

Car: WB injected 5L
Send a message via MSN to mcdarragh
well seeming everything you buy go's to lining the gubberments pockets i dont see the difference, When you get Gas conversion you can still keep running on ULP anyways, Yes it's true some cars can use up to twice the 'fuel' usin gas but with a correct tune you'll prolly only use 1/4 more than ya would on a tank, My WB v8 (253) used to use a tank of gas from Perth to Bunbury which for an 82 v8 aint too bad

also ULP is taxed at 38% :P

They could always go the other way and start using Ethanol...

Last edited by mcdarragh; 15-08-06 at 18:46.
mcdarragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-06, 18:33   #74
lazo
Gold Members

Car: '97 R33 Type M
Johnny is a ****wit he sells our gas to asia and other countires for 8c a litre with stupid 30yr contracts.. and he wants to reem his own people by taxing us etc.. **** smoker
lazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-06, 18:50   #75
Yeti
UONP - Coming Back!

Car:
Trader Rating: (55)
Actually we sell gas to China for 3cents a litre
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote