CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 19-04-03, 21:05   #1
CDUCNU
Player

Car: Camry
Trader Rating: (0)
EasterNats

Hey Guys,
Nice to see some unreal VL`s out there this year SIKPSI, UWANIT and the purple VL with the 19`s reapresented the VL brigade very well ...
also did anyone go on the commodore cruise on saturday nite???
well, tell me what you think and feel free to share your stories.....
CDUCNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-03, 22:49   #2
X-RB3-747
bye bye car

Car: sold
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to X-RB3-747
How about WLDPSI and DMNFST?
i'm pissed that my car wasn't ready in time, and also BOOSTR was supposed to be there but couldn't get his new plenum put on in time
X-RB3-747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 11:30   #3
InsaneVL
So Much Win

Car: Just a Non-Turbo VL...
Trader Rating: (32)
I heard there was some sort of big crash on Fri ??? anyone have more info ?
Old 20-04-03, 14:40   #4
Whitemagic
Official Member

Car:
Was QIKENF threre as well, White over silver calais, 19" GTS rims and low as ***.
Whitemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 16:02   #5
^Mobil_HRT^
Daily Boost

Car: VLCT HRT-6 + Mazda 3 MPS
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via ICQ to ^Mobil_HRT^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mobil_HRT^
Yeah there was a pretty big crash on Friday, saw the pics that Jet-6 took of the aftermath, I think it was a VS that got pretty wrecked. A VL also ended up in the guardrail.
^Mobil_HRT^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 16:13   #6
InsaneVL
So Much Win

wouldnt mind seeing the pics of the aftermath... anyone ?
Old 20-04-03, 18:08   #7
XSPSI
Player

Car: GSXR1000K3
Vl

Almost all the VLT's got pumped at the drags. ops:
XSPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 18:53   #8
Red RB30 Jet
Player

Car: VL
Trader Rating: (8)
I went on Saturday just as a spectacter. Saw a few VLT's there, a few guys off this site as well, QIKENF, VL MUZZA, SIKPSI.
QIKENF did a airflow meter or so I got told by a mate of his watching over his car when he went home for a replacement.

Anyone else see the blue Calais with the RB 26 fitted with a huge single turbo, can't remeber what plates it had, but was a impressive car to stare at engine bay wise.

I saw 2 cars damaged unfortunately, a white VL Calais V8 hit in the lhs front and lhs rear quarter panel, looked painful :cry: .
And a reddy coloured VR-S HSV commodore of some description hit rhs front did'nt see the extent of damage on that one, so it would have been a expensive weekend for those poor fellas. :cry:

Anyone know what car won the burnout comp, that "Mental" Camaro black with purple flames, did a massive burnout on Saturday and I say he probably would have one the crowd loved it too he actually burnt up a set of 15 by 15 Mickey Thompsons. The rubber was every where all over the car after the burnout would be a bitch to clean, but I suppose the prizemoney will pay for new tyres and detailing of the car.

Too bad the VLT's did'nt do to well in the street drags but it's a slippery surface at Sandown if a car has any decent amount of power on street tyres forget about it. I'm guessing that Yellow 808 coupe Mazda rotary won as he did the other year or dedicated race cars such as Craig Brewer's green HR panel van. Did George Haddad run his orange HQ coupe at all I noticed the car now has a chev 350 motor in it replaceing the old 10 second 308 Holden engine.

All in all I had a good day especially since I got in for free.
Red RB30 Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 18:56   #9
JET-6
THE BANINATOR

Car: MK1 Esky 2 door(2.3 turbo), Patrol monster truck, and a EB2 XR6
Trader Rating: (68)
I got some pics from friday, if some one wants to host em, they can put em up.
I also got all the news on fridays crashes, inc pics

Email me @ thumpainc@bigpond.com
JET-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 19:07   #10
GAS747
GAS747

Car: GAS747 | TUFGT0
Trader Rating: (12)
well i had a really good time! Shame the car wasnt running very good but we had to rush to get it there.

It was good to put some faces to names on here! Ur all a nice bunch off ppl
Turbochargers
GAS747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 19:10   #11
Begbie
Player

Car:
That rotary nearly one it was ***ing impressive - the winner was the 454 Lh torana (white) - which raced off with a 351 windsor TD cortinia (green) - both purpose built drag cars.

Anyone have any idea of the itmes of either of those 2 (eg see em race before?) cos no time keeping gear at sandown....
Begbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 19:11   #12
InsaneVL
So Much Win

JET-6 send the pics through to insanevl@insanevl.gil.com.au and they'll be up ASAP.
Old 20-04-03, 19:27   #13
GAS747
GAS747

also there were a lot of crashes. I heard that this morning WYDPSI or how ever you spell his plates stacked badly in the cruising event. Does anyone know if this is true?!?!
Turbochargers
Old 20-04-03, 22:29   #14
ca18det TRX
Player

Car:
today's crash

yep, another victim of this years easternats was that immaculate VL Calais with the RB26/30 in it. Apparently crashed hard today. I'm not sure if it was driver error or caused by another car on the track. This years easternats had waaaay to many crashes. They need to make some big changes for next years event thats for sure.
ca18det TRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 22:34   #15
Begbie
Player

Car:
There was a Vl calais with left headlight and bar and left taillight and quarter panel damage with "dont ****ing ask" written in black texta on it

Not suprised there was a few stacks cos i was there for like 3 hours and saw a fair bit of stupid stuff.

I knows its a car event and theres plenty of hotheads and hot cars, but some of us take 2 year olds to these things, other dudes in wheel chairs and old folks so ****wits who do 'burn outs' in dense crowds are just dumb
Begbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-03, 22:47   #16
JET-6
THE BANINATOR

Car: MK1 Esky 2 door(2.3 turbo), Patrol monster truck, and a EB2 XR6
Trader Rating: (68)
Pics sent!

Email me @ thumpainc@bigpond.com
JET-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-03, 11:06   #17
XSPSI
Player

Drags

The whith LX hatchback(MV-454)has ran 8.52@162.12mph before so no suprises there. Also the track may have been poor but it was the same for everyone so nobody can blame the track. Heads up racing is the way to go. At the end of the drags(last 10 cars) it got really interesting. The new motor in Haddads HQ is a 350 Chev, alloy heads etc and has already made over 900hp on Mobil pump fuel(previous motor made 804hp)That yellow 808 got beaten near the end of the drags , but he also couldn't stop at the end and ran off the track.
Old 21-04-03, 11:28   #18
RED88VL
Player

Car:
I was there on Sunday for the finals, and what a show it was! Shame about the VL efforts, but live and learn.

That Asteroid Silver VL Exec/Belina turbo conversion UWANIT (i think?) was definatly the best VL out there, winning 4 out of its 5 drags that i saw, not bad for a sleeper!

I saw that crashed white VL in the pits, LH Front side damage and LH rear panel damage with the "Dont f**king ask..." and a bandaid put on it :P From my understanding this happened on Saturday?

Also i heard from a guy that there was a HUGE smash on Sat where 2 cars were involved, where 1 was doing a burnout and the other was doing a speed run, and stupidly drove into the back of the burnout car. Big writeoff there, even the occupants were taken to hospital

All in all a good day, props to the Silver VL for some good runs and making it into the last 20 cars, but it wouldnt have made it past that white 454 SS Torana

Also, to the owners of the white VL Calais and the HDT VL Calais Sport in the Show and Shine area, very nice clean cars there guys, make sure you keep them that way!

Did anyone get some good pics? I really need to get a digi cam
RED88VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-03, 12:22   #19
X-RB3-747
bye bye car

Yes WLDPSI crashed in the cruise and stuffed the front end.
Craig Brewers Green HR panel van got disqualified from the drags as his back tires were too wide(??).
DMNFST broke an axle on the cruise as well.
UWANIT is an extremely fast car, someone said that it has run tens before.
Was disappointed with SIKPSI, I thought it was a quick car but was mistaken(unless the car had problems on the day)
Old 21-04-03, 13:20   #20
XSPSI
Player

Creaig Brewer's HR Panelvan has ran an 8.06(NOS)before so i'm sure he would've done very well. Maybe the organisers :x should've sorted the tyre size problem before he got to race!
Old 21-04-03, 13:31   #21
GAS747
GAS747

I was right behind the white VL calais with Dont ****en ask writen on the car when it crashed. I saw the whole thing! He basically just tried to go too sideways for too long and lost it into the wall.

i think the problem was the fact that the straight had a barrier half way down it not allowing people to do high speeds so therefor they were all just doing burnouts and tring to go sideways! Also this cashed a massive traffic jam. They need to change it or the nats will start to die down because it was not run as good as other years!
Turbochargers
Old 21-04-03, 15:33   #22
OSOQIK
Player

Car:
Easternats

A few nice Vl's turbos at easternats... WLDPSI, and purple over silver vl has a rb26-30, big turbo 8O looped it on sunday morning... smashing the front and rear of the car... Big accident on the front straight on friday were a tiger mica VH hit a VR clubsport.... appartenely the guy in the vh thought it was days of thunder and flattened it through the smoke haise.. uwanit.. very nice car.. the guy who owns it said it has made 240rwkw, and its auto not manual 8O , nice purple vl with 19's... was for sale aswell.. too bad it was auto :cry: SIKPSI.. did nice burnouts, but at one stage couldnt even beat a new VXSS in the drags... QIKENF.. nice car... but plates are a bit gay for a car that runs 13.9's?? if i am correct.. not bagging it.. GLDJET made a apperence on the sunday with 2 BT1's.. Also on sunday near the end of the burnout comp a huge fight erupted in the stands! LOL, had a bird's eye view... Overall not bad, but dispointed not to see as many vl's..
Old 21-04-03, 16:19   #23
GAS747
GAS747

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB3-747
Was disappointed with SIKPSI, I thought it was a quick car but was mistaken(unless the car had problems on the day)
RB3-747: I am a close friend of SIKPSI and im sure he is deeply sorry that his car dissapointed you. Esspecially after all the time, effort and big $$$ that went into building this car up that is still an unfinshed project! He has been building this car over 3 years and as you may know it isnt a cheap project. Have you ever looked at the car and realised its one of the cleanest VL Turbos out on the street? You do realise that the car is no were near finished yet as its very hard to spend all your money at once on a car. I beleive he has done a great job in building up one of the most neat, clean and tidy VL turbos around!!!

Dont forget that his car is actually not slow unless you call a 12sec car slow. both him and I used to race eachother all the time and we were always dead even. My car ran a 12.10 @ 111 MPH and iv never heard one of you guys call my old VL slow! Also my old car had a motec, better injectos, surge tank, fuel pumps, t04, 45 mm EXT wastegate and his car is far from being that modified and still was dead even with me on the street. Im sure that in the future his car will be a bit faster but you do have to remember that for some of us, money doesnt grow on trees.

Im sure he could have gone out there and spent all the money on running gear and not the looks and he would have a 9 sec car sitting there, but he wants the car to looks nice and clean. He doesnt want the car to be fast and look like ****.
Turbochargers
Old 21-04-03, 20:52   #24
CDUCNU
Player

Car: Camry
Quote:
he wants the car to looks nice and clean.
he certainly achevied that , great car , he should be proud
CDUCNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-03, 21:45   #25
X-RB3-747
bye bye car

I wasn't suggesting it was a **** car VLMuzza but from all reports I have heard from a lot of people I thought it was a very quick car. But unless that VX SS had a ****load of work done to the engine then it did get chopped by a fair amount.
It surprised a lot of us to see it get beat so easy.
And I know that money doesn't grow on trees, I have a house and a VL turbo that I try and spend money on. It is very hard.