Car: 570Z
Trader Rating: (26)
How did he blow his turbo???
Old 04-03-07, 12:00   #2777
larry
Player

Car: Calais Turbo
Trader Rating: (9)
i got my old turbo for sale if he is keen http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=100508

I am now keeping the dump pipe but
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 16:28   #2778
86psi
Gold Members

Car: 86psi slow blue piece of poo, evo III daily
Trader Rating: (6)
hey fellas im back just did the whole fly down to the goldie and drive back again, what a mission that was awesome drive up until about 40 km before townsville i got a flash for cash at around 3 this morning oh well just hope the fine aint that bad. anyway let me tell you about my new toy its a mitsubishi evo III rs its fairly standard. i dont really have any plans for the car as i only need it as a daily til my little girl is old enough to sit in the front of a ute. but i wouldnt mind having a go at some sprints around the go cart track with it. but thats really all i have to say about it since this is a vl forum id rather talk about vls than evo's but if you have any questions about it feel free to pm me
86psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-07, 06:30   #2779
13FLAT
Gold Members

Car: Work ute, xtrail
Trader Rating: (3)
LOL nice Tim thats the answer get a lancer ! Not too shabby for a daily !

Me and Deano and some mates went out to the drags on Saturday night. Not a huge range of cars but some impressive ones never the less ! v8 killer was going strong but he didn't manage a 10 11.1 I think it was. Kent managed a 12.9 in his ute Duz12 Hayden managed a 13.4 @105 in his relatively standard xr6. One of your friends Peter ran an Impressive 14.2 or 14.3 with a r32 with fmic and exhaust std turbo and ecu on streets ! Not too shabby out of the baby rb imo ! The guy that spun out a few weeks ago in his black 4 door LX Torana Adam ran a very doughy 11.4 @118 it just didn't sound like it was layboring at all but still impressive non the less. The gold ute from Hawkins was out with his monster single turbo setup which apparently made around the 400 kw mark running sad times he was to quote pretty devastated .... As he was out there one street tyres and it was turning the tyres halfway through 3rd ! I don't think he broke into the 13s but he ran over 110 mph ! Non the less it sounds absolutly wicked and looks very tidy under the bay !

I am waiting for my cometic head gasket and arps head studs to arrive and then my car will be back on the road again ! Then hopefully I will be able to get my glide finished off! Tim how much did your LSD end up costing you ?
Old 05-03-07, 17:01   #2780
lil_timmy
Forever N/A

Car: charade
Trader Rating: (42)
Send a message via MSN to lil_timmy
Hey, I'm just curious, are any of you guys close to Mt Louisa? I might need a small favour in the comming days if a parcel of mine doesn't turn up
Thanks.
lil_timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-07, 17:09   #2781
petes vlt
Player

Car: vl turbocalais,xr6 junkute,wrx
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to petes vlt
wolf 3d v4 plugin play and hand controller 4sale life time warranty also comes with 440 injectors and a resonbly hard tune to suite them !!!!
call or txt peter
Old 05-03-07, 17:26   #2782
lil_timmy
Forever N/A

Car: charade
Trader Rating: (42)
Send a message via MSN to lil_timmy
All good sorry guys, i jumped the gun. My parcel turned up 2mins after i posted. Thanks.
lil_timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-07, 18:25   #2783
RB30X
Still a player

did you want someone to sort him out ha ha.
Old 05-03-07, 19:46   #2784
86psi
Gold Members

here is a pic i will try and get it down the strip soon

Old 05-03-07, 19:50   #2785
RB30X
Still a player

I'll keep an eye out....
Old 06-03-07, 23:54   #2786
cal-a-kid
Player

Car: LX Torana hatch ---> with an rb30et
Trader Rating: (8)
Nice Tim... black looks sexy with those rims!

Is the vl going?

Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabat
The Torana would have won - Jason.
cal-a-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-07, 06:17   #2787
13FLAT
Gold Members

It does look nice ! LOL if you do take it out the drags what you have to do is drive straight up and go into full stage while the other person is still doing there burnout and then hold it on the limiter until they stage and the lights go green That is what you have to do if you own an EVO in Townsville Na deffinetly nice for a daily mate hows the house hunting coming along ?
Old 07-03-07, 17:17   #2788
Brett_A
MY CAR IS FOR SALE! PM ME

Car: VL Turbo
Trader Rating: (10)
Well, I've been talking about it for a while and now its finally happening. Loan papers have gone in, meeting with solicitor next week and I have myself a house. Tenants are already leasing it, paying $300 a week so im all smiles.

Im stoked. Supra isnt too far away now!! Only about 6 months and I should have a new baby!
Old 07-03-07, 17:51   #2789
86psi
Gold Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 575hpi
It does look nice ! LOL if you do take it out the drags what you have to do is drive straight up and go into full stage while the other person is still doing there burnout and then hold it on the limiter until they stage and the lights go green That is what you have to do if you own an EVO in Townsville Na deffinetly nice for a daily mate hows the house hunting coming along ?
the outside is ok its the custom interior that is awesome as well as having a car with traction lol. we have found the house we want just waiting for the owners to find a new place will prob happen around august its worth the wait cause its what we really want. got your car goin again yet. my vl is still getting put back together i have to fab a bracket on my gearbox bell housing to suit the pull type clutch thats when they get around to pulling the housing off lol
Old 07-03-07, 22:09   #2790
13FLAT
Gold Members

Nice yeah it will be a bit of a shock compared to the old vl I would have an Evo over a WRX any day I just don't think I could afford the maintence (Engine oil - Check, Filter - Check , New Dog Box - Check ) So where is the house ? I am starting to look but I think I will rent somewhere first ! My Cometic headgasket and Arp Head studs got posted yesterday from sydney so I don't know if they will be here by the weekend I had to take my head in as the one I took to replace it was totally shagged so campy is going to weld the chew mark up and give it a deck and check the seats again and throw some new stem seals in ! Hopefully I will be putting it back together next weekend and have it all sorted again ready to go to Cairns the weekend after ! Should be fun got to love trying to get **** going a dead line something will try to foil me !
Old 08-03-07, 15:37   #2791
aquabat
Official Member

Car: BMW E46 318i Executive
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to aquabat
Nice car Tim! How much did it cost? If you don't mind my asking. PM me if you wish. Believe it or not, but I'm pretty sure that car used to live around the corner from my old house on the Goldcoast. Where it lived, also lived the owners of Archers.

Jacko blew up his turbo, definetely not doing any illegal activities.

Yeah Terry, definetely pull in for a chat mate, or I will.

Anyone going out to the drags this weekend? It's my 19th on Saturday, but I hopefully have a drug and alchohol test early next week for this job I have applied for at the docks. (On that topic, Dean, do you know what company Luke works for? Is is Northern Shipping?) So I figure, instead of going into town, I might go out to the drags for a few runs.

Jason.
Old 08-03-07, 17:46   #2792
86psi
Gold Members

yeh i forget what suburb it came from but yeh the car was either owned or sponsered by archers when it was a track car as for price lets just say i got it cheaper than any genuine 3 on the market
Old 09-03-07, 18:43   #2793
15PSI
Player

Car: VLF-18 is out and about
are you sure it just hasnt been crashed as nearly every second car on the coast has an archers sticker on it cause they do you a good deal if you advertise them
Old 09-03-07, 19:07   #2794
86psi
Gold Members

doubt if its been crashed i went right over it. it has been resprayed though pitty they didnt do the engine bay ohwell i already have that lined up.

does anyone have a blow off valve they are not needing ,stupid original is leaking
Old 10-03-07, 06:32   #2795
13FLAT
Gold Members

Hey Hey guess what arrived in the mail today ! 2mm Cometic head gasket and a nice set of ARP head studs ! To bad my head isn't ready yet ! Oh well I will be able to start it during the week hopefully to me a massive hour and a half to pull it off and that included driving down to deano's and getting the allen key bit lol so hopefully it shouldn't take too much longer than that !
Old 10-03-07, 10:37   #2796
Brett_A
MY CAR IS FOR SALE! PM ME

Car: VL Turbo
Trader Rating: (10)
Tim, I have a stage 1 turbosmart sitting around, chuck up a price and you can have it. $60 or something?

Took this the other night too;

Last edited by Brett_A; 10-03-07 at 11:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Brett_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 14:06   #2797
RB30X
Still a player

I've got a brand new turbosmart type II. Not sure what connections you got on yours but.
Old 10-03-07, 14:24   #2798
86psi
Gold Members

no need anymore just got a cheapo one it will do thanks anyway
Old 11-03-07, 09:30   #2799
13FLAT
Gold Members

LOL cheapo Na so yeah I got my head studs and gasket but it wasn't the right thickness headgasket so yeah it is getting express posted back to the guy that got it for me and he is going to express post my 2mm one up for me so hopefully it will be all sorted and my head will be done by this friday so I can bolt it all back together and sort it out before I take it up to Cairns the weekend after.

Would have been a decent night out at the drags last night Reily took his vl out but with the new power it is making he was unlucky to only manage an 11.2 but at an impressive 125 mph I am positive that he will run a 10 with a half decently prepared track as he was suffering launch traction problems! At least it drove home unbroken that is my new goal LOL. The Silver r32 GOJIRA gtr was out it managed an 11.4 @ 117 um .... Damn I can't remeber the other cars and times mental blank oh well there were some quick nice cars out there that will do . So yes Peter from Ayr hasn't mucked around getting his new ECU up and running as I saw it on the dyno on Saturday after I was at the baby shop with my missus lol sounded very impressive ! Making good power too on realatively low boost too ! Hopefully we will see it out at the track soon too ! Anyways going down to help deano bolt his race seats in the Torana and maybe have a look at the wiring debarcle LOL we are getting close to 100 pages boys keep it up !
Old 11-03-07, 10:25   #2800
15PSI
Player

Car: VLF-18 is out and about
Reily now needs a tranbrake it started turning the tyres on launch before he even got off the brake but yeah unlucky not to run a 10 last night, other cars times matt 45EEN R34 GTR 11.8@117, N1SMO R32 GTR 13.4@104, Didn't see you there bud otherwise would of had a chat. On another note still waiting on 6boost manifold to arrive!!!!!!!! Car is totally finished as far as I can do and now its just a waiting. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE. Ingham dyno is slowly looking unreasonable now ohh well as long as its up there this year I will be happy