GRUNT Performance

Old 08-01-07, 19:17   #2476
RB30X
Still a player

Car: 570Z
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecktikvl
I see your cars up for sale tim. Just over the vl ??
Not entirely. I've had it for two years and the bug has bitten for another ride. I still think VL's are my favourite due to the RB30ET. LS1's are pretty sweet and LS2's or LS6's well they are weapons.

I've always had a thing for the R32. There are a couple in southern QLD that would be good.

I'm hoping I could sell mine pretty quick in the Bully but you never know.

I don't even know what price to put on it.
Old 08-01-07, 19:35   #2477
13FLAT
Gold Members

Car: Work ute, xtrail
Trader Rating: (3)
Go for 7 or 8 I reckon you can only come down ! If you sell it the first weekend it was too cheap ! He ran 11.2 first run and 10.8 second run how far away is your car terry ?
Old 08-01-07, 20:22   #2478
15PSI
Player

Car: VLF-18 is out and about
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 575hpi
Go for 7 or 8 I reckon you can only come down ! If you sell it the first weekend it was too cheap ! He ran 11.2 first run and 10.8 second run how far away is your car terry ?
not far now, all re wiring done with battery now located in boot, just waiting on a couple of parts to arrive than it goes to bobs to get a new exhaust manifold made as I did not like the old one, and he will wire in the autronic than its all go depending on how long he takes I suppose, but will be pushing him to get it done asap
Old 08-01-07, 20:34   #2479
MickNQ
Thunder from down under

Car: Calais Turbo
Trader Rating: (21)
oops sorry my bad. actually now that i think of it his name wasn't tony, it was mike agius, probably his dad or something.
MickNQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-07, 21:20   #2480
hecktikvl
Player

Car: 87 vl commodore, series 2 vl calais turbo
Send a message via MSN to hecktikvl
Id buy your car tim if i had the money but im one poor *******. STart my apprenticeship tomorrow as a diesel fitter so maybe i will have some money later on down the track but that will be too late. Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-01-07, 10:11   #2481
13FLAT
Gold Members

LOL yeah that manifold was pretty sketchy you should send your turbo to 6boost and and get him to make one for you that is what I did cost me $1300 with postage I sent him my turbo and waste gate my car is making full boost at about 4500 4800 starts making boost at 2200 it is pretty nice. Are you going to run coil packs ?

It might have been his dad I don't know
Old 09-01-07, 11:23   #2482
sgrah
Official Member

Car: VL Calais Turbo
Send a message via ICQ to sgrah
Hey fella's whats happening, I'm back again, was up for a cruise but it seems iv'e stripped the splines of my axles, and damaged the diff, too much power I guess , found that while changing my brakes, now have 343mm twin piston pbr at front and 315mm single at rear, so I now have my old Turbo Brakes up for sale, all complete, with cross drilled/ventalated disks at front and grooved at back, still have all my other crap for sale/giveaway as well.
Hope to get car back on street next week, and maybe down the track before end of month
Old 09-01-07, 17:25   #2483
15PSI
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 575hpi
LOL yeah that manifold was pretty sketchy you should send your turbo to 6boost and and get him to make one for you that is what I did cost me $1300 with postage I sent him my turbo and waste gate my car is making full boost at about 4500 4800 starts making boost at 2200 it is pretty nice. Are you going to run coil packs ?
Sh*t thats awesome spooling at 2200 hitting full boost by 4500, the people who built mine said it should be at full boost by 4500 but i was doubting them until now., didn't u still have problems with ya 6boost not fitting properly, going to run coil packs with cdi eventually but not straight away
Old 09-01-07, 17:35   #2484
13FLAT
Gold Members

It fitted up to the engine fine and cleared all the body but if I want to run a 4inch inlet pipe it doesn't clear the dizzy but I am just running some stainless mesh at the moment until i get the other one sussed but appart from that you wouldn't be able to see a nicer manifold.

So smooth inside it isn't funny
Old 09-01-07, 20:33   #2485
15PSI
Player

well i'm sticking the air filter direct onto the turbo and it's about 6 inches long by memory will it fit ya reckon
Old 10-01-07, 00:08   #2486
aquabat
Official Member

Car: BMW E46 318i Executive
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to aquabat
Good stuff, good stuff. How is the painting on the VL going Matt?

Tonight, I went to the NQ HSV & LS1 meeting/ cruise. Was HEAPS of fun. 20+ cars, and lots of very, very nice ones. I love the way them guys speak too.

"Yeah, it's ONLY got 460rwkw". MAD C*NTS! Luke showed up to the cruise for a bit in his VLT aswell.

Jason.
Old 10-01-07, 07:55   #2487
13FLAT
Gold Members

cool cool so your first blood with the ls1 crew hey they are mad anyone that drives down ross river road having 3 way races 3 cars deap is hardcore imo good fun tho I bet luke gave them a good run for there money tho !

Painting is coming along ok I got the black done yesterday and I am going in today to throw some white on the car and some clear and hopefully I will be able to get the windscreens in tomorrow and get the rest of the stuff painted up tomorrow and then put it all back together friday !
Old 10-01-07, 10:50   #2488
cal-a-kid
Player

Car: LX Torana hatch ---> with an rb30et
Trader Rating: (8)
lol ... im far from sad about the misses leaving, time to work on my ****boxes! Tim I haven't forgotten about your clamps either, im just really really slack, sorry bud. Working every day over the next few weeks will not be alot of fun, but i've gotta save some money.

Goldfield Ashes is gonna be fun, I will hit a six for everyone on the forum and drink a beer aswell

Tim I can't believe you of all people want a 32... im shocked!!!

Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabat
The Torana would have won - Jason.
cal-a-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 10:52   #2489
aquabat
Official Member

They weren't really racing eh, but I thought they might have had the courtesy for other road users to stick to 1, maybe 2 lanes. But, instead spread across all 3 lanes.

I didn't see Luke after we left the meeting place. I was around the middle to front of the pack. I have a strong suspicion he was somewhere at the back.

How long til the VL's back on the road you reckon Matt? It the engine coming out to do the engine bay aswell?

Jason.

EDIT: I also seen CAM-008 was for sale in Saturday's paper a week or two ago now. I think he wanted $10,500?

Last edited by aquabat; 10-01-07 at 10:54.
aquabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-07, 17:51   #2490
RB30X
Still a player

That is one tidy car. You won't find a cleaner VL in townsville. Perfect start for mods etc.
Old 11-01-07, 01:53   #2491
-Johnno-
Player

Car: Torreto's Dream Machine
hey boys thought i would tell someone the good news. after one unsuccessful year of completing high school and repeating i have finally been accepted into university. pretty happy right about now
-Johnno- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-07, 15:31   #2492
aquabat
Official Member

Like I said on MSN John, Congratulations. Hope it all works out well for you, even if you decide to not go with the Uni path, like we discussed.

Jason.
Old 11-01-07, 20:35   #2493
larry
Player

Trader Rating: (9)
Hey Matt how'd the painting go? You using acrylic or 2pac? Post up some progess pics
larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 21:31   #2494
larry
Player

Hey fellas I have finally decided what I am going to do with me rebuild. Get the block hot tanked, bored and honed 20tho, surfaced, get the head crack tested, surfaced, hardness checked, valves recut, springs and lifters tested, King or acl race series mains and rod bearings, all new gaskets and seals, genuine nissan headgasket, balanced, 7.1 hypertecs, and maybe some arps.

A couple of the shops I talked to today reckoned don't worry about get the rods done as they will only break if a bearing fails

What do yous reckon about the rebuild, have I forgotten anything or am I doing anything that doesn't need to be done? Also what do yous reckon about the rods?

Oh and it's going to get the engine bay resprayed and everything polished and detailed

Last edited by larry; 12-01-07 at 21:43.
Old 13-01-07, 00:04   #2495
15PSI
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
Hey fellas I have finally decided what I am going to do with me rebuild. Get the block hot tanked, bored and honed 20tho, surfaced, get the head crack tested, surfaced, hardness checked, valves recut, springs and lifters tested, King or acl race series mains and rod bearings, all new gaskets and seals, genuine nissan headgasket, balanced, 7.1 hypertecs, and maybe some arps.

A couple of the shops I talked to today reckoned don't worry about get the rods done as they will only break if a bearing fails

What do yous reckon about the rebuild, have I forgotten anything or am I doing anything that doesn't need to be done? Also what do yous reckon about the rods?

Oh and it's going to get the engine bay resprayed and everything polished and detailed
Get the rods shot peened, for about $100 can't go wrong will hold up well into the 10 sec bracket
Old 13-01-07, 00:30   #2496
holdennut
Player

Car:
Hey fellas how it goin. Im not exactly from townsville but i used to live there ive only been in this hole for 3 years. Well n e ways thought id post a pic up of my baby i only recently bought it and i get my p's in under a month woot. I should hopefully be movin back there once ive finsihed college and my apprenticeship. jsut one thing how do i post pics up on here? i go insert image and it comes up with the url thing but i dont have pics on the net. can anybody help me out.
holdennut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-07, 01:07   #2497
aquabat
Official Member

Mate, if you email me the pictures at cheer_up_emo_kid22@hotmail.com or just add me to MSN and send them, I will post them up for you.

With the rebuild Jay, are you gunna have a go at just getting the machining done at a shop and assemble the bottom end yourself, or what's the story? Have you worked out the cost of machining, all the parts, etc etc? Share that with us.

I'm with Terry on the rods. Obviously, I don't know from experience, but when I planned on doing the rebuild myself I read that the standard rods, cleaned up and shot peened, were well and truly capable of holding up to 400rwkw. Or maybe it was 350rwkw, but nonetheless, alot of people seemed to back this up.

Jason.
Old 13-01-07, 06:18   #2498
86psi
Gold Members

Car: 86psi slow blue piece of poo, evo III daily
Trader Rating: (6)
thats all good and well but $100 per a rod is $600 all up if you shop arond for an extra $400 bux i reckon you could get a decent set of rods. and its not the bearings that **** rb30 rods its the rod bolts
Old 13-01-07, 09:11   #2499
RB30X
Still a player

Cam sold his White Calais turbo for $11000.

Expect to see it being flogged around by some P plater in the next few days.
Old 13-01-07, 12:23   #2500
larry
Player

Yeh so I really should get them shot peened and some arp rod bolts for them then? I didn't really want to buy rods, cos if I did I would buy forgies to go with them, then thats like an extra $2000 on top Like where do you stop cos it is going to be a streeter so I reckon anything over like 250rwkw just isn't pratical even thou I would like to make 300rwkw

I have got all my machining prices and I am just waiting on a quote for them to assemble it then I'll decide if I am going to do the assembly or not. I am going to probably get Melvins to do the machining or possibly Bonds.