Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
congrats maatouk give us what we all want a 7 sec single camer plzzz
Old 13-07-09, 08:32   #52
ATMO_BT1
CT Allstar

Car:
Trader Rating: (29)
People will say what they will say it seems like the latest is the whole track thing but the bottom line is putting down is this:

1)Making this kind of power without gas or twin cam isn't easy, leaded fuel too.
2)Putting this kind of power down through a 10.5in slick in a converted street car isn't easy no matter how good the surface is - there isn't much rubber touching it and anyone who goes fast on a small tyre, whether it be Maatouk, JET30R (huge congrats by the way - where the f**k did 8.7 come from????!!) or one of the insane 28x9 cars deserves massive applause.

All I can say is if cars from Vic/Syd/Qld are all going to Jambo then it's an even playing field and it should be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK-747
melbourne shops have the power and the cars to do the times just not the track honestly! when was the last time vas's vl was out? or rajabs car!
The Rajab car has been out a few times here and there you'd be suprised, it just doesn't get mentioned on CT. Obviously not every week but yeah it's hardly hibernating afaik it's still going 100%. Vas car is gone i heard I Just hope the rajab car comes to Jamboree!! I've only ever had the chance to see it race once in the flesh at WSID Supernats years ago.
Old 13-07-09, 08:37   #53
sohc2
10.6@127mph

Car: 10 second sleeper
Trader Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANK
i dont even think vas knows it got sold lol maybe bigpsi can shed some light

i dont get why people from victoria are making excuses as why the melb shops are not fast end of the day if they had a passion for racing they would make the trip to sydney to race!! the sydney boys are out every meet backing up there passes not vanishing for months on end
Thats exactly right, Anth puts in that much time at the workshop and look at all the effort at the track he has put in. Credit where credits due. Like you say if certain Vic workshops were that keen they would be at WSID alot more than they are. You cant come on here and make excuses for them. End of the day Maatouks are putting in all the effort. Sick of all the other excuses its really fu king bul l ****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK-747
yeha theres no excuses! its just end of the day look at WSID to Heathcote or Calder its a joke! simple as that!
Get the car on a ***ing trailer and have a go, if you can afford a racecar you can afford to get to WSID even once a month..........................

Last edited by sohc2; 13-07-09 at 08:39. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sohc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 09:40   #54
2rismo
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Heathcote/Calder might be half the track of WSID or Willowbank but the cars being compared to VL GOD are touching twice as much of it.
2rismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 10:13   #55
BLK-747
PUNISHER

Car: BLK-747
Trader Rating: (14)
everyones right like i said VIC boys have alot of catching upto to do! and its good theres a challange outside of VIC its just making the rb30 such an awesome engine! even nz are killing it!
Old 13-07-09, 11:06   #56
IGNITE
Player

Car: 88 Vl Excutive Turbo 8.29@161mph
Trader Rating: (0)
Well done Boy's. Keep it up. See you all up here for Jamboree.
IGNITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 13:12   #57
FORZA
The Regulars

Car: quadriple turbo rajab/bresciani built wheelie bin
Trader Rating: (10)
dont fcuk this thread guys, keep it to pm
i enjoy the little rivalry between vic and nsw, keeps it interesting, just as long as its all kept in good fun

big conrats to maatouks, crazy time for such a small tyre, cant wait to see another vl in the 7s

one question though...

WHERES THE FCUKING VID?
FORZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 13:17   #58
Raptor
Anjunabeats!

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Probs up on FB !
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 13:34   #59
V8 ETA
Player

Car: VL Calais
congrats to maatouks cant believe we though vls would ever run 9s let alone almost 7s crazy!!

does anyone know what vl workshops or cars are heading to jambo?

Maz
Old 13-07-09, 13:35   #60
AVL012345
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohc2
Thats exactly right, Anth puts in that much time at the workshop and look at all the effort at the track he has put in. Credit where credits due. Like you say if certain Vic workshops were that keen they would be at WSID alot more than they are. You cant come on here and make excuses for them. End of the day Maatouks are putting in all the effort. Sick of all the other excuses its really fu king bul l ****!

Get the car on a ***ing trailer and have a go, if you can afford a racecar you can afford to get to WSID even once a month..........................
I totally agree with your first part. The car has hit the track so many times and it shows the commitment put in by Anth and everyone else involved down there. Credit sure is due and I would also give him credit for taking it to the next level by opting for a clutchless gearbox, now it seems he has set the pace and everyone else is following in his tracks. Anth has not only become a pioneer in his quest for the fastest VL, he has also become a hero in the scene. No excuses here, all praise for the man that revived the once "dead" VL scene.

As for your next part, there's only two cars that I can think of in Victora that are OWNED by a workshop and not have work done to them by certain workshops, Anth owns and works on his own car, hence the dedication level is different. It's not as easy as packing the car and driving 9 hours north to test and tune your car without having others there to help if it happens to all go wrong. We will have to wait until Calder reopens (provided it has been brought up in standard) and hopefully have a track that can better cater for the bigger boys.
AVL012345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 13:35   #61
ANK
BANNED

Car: stolen wrx sti
Trader Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMHBT1
i hope matouks and kil351 decide to bring theres down to heathcote one day to race and see what they get here compared to there.

they would be very lucky to get under 8.5 i reckon if they didnt break traction in the top end or hit the bumps in the track.
thats still a 8.5 we have not seen in over 15 months
ANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 13:35   #62
ITG-05Z
streeter

Car: Hiace, VL LS2 SUPERCHARGED 6 speed
Trader Rating: (30)
Send a message via MSN to ITG-05Z
AWESOME good work anthony and crew on the 8.00 nearly a 7 and you will be the first 7 sec vl single cam and break records man always you come out and suprise everyone welll really it isnt a suprise anymore ahhahaa
ITG-05Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 13:42   #63
Vilo3t
IN UR MOUTH

Car: Canturbury Ferrari (VLCT), Rav4 made 4 jumping medium strips.
slipitin yaaaahhhhh
Old 13-07-09, 16:01   #64
GMHBT1
Player

Car: R33 gtst m spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANK
thats still a 8.5 we have not seen in over 15 months

yes well true but thats if they can reach an 8.5 there it would probably be more like high 8s.

i think last time gas tested there they were running high 6s and best they could get was 8.1-8.2

maybe the owners of these other big vic cars dont want to risk wiping there cars out at heathcote it would be a lot of money down the drain.

the owner of heathcote lets anything and everything out onto the track whether dropping oil or not.

would any of these oil leaking cars even pass scrutineering at wsid lolol i dont like there chances.

a lot of big names such as pac and maztech who lost his car to a crash he got severly burnt and his car burnt to the ground and there not even fire officials there only the owner with his coke can size fire exinguisher which wouldnt even put out a ciggy let alone a toxic fire.

regardless they have all had some sort of accos at heathcote ask any of them is it worth taking your big dollar car there and braving it to please people they will tell you exactly what they think of it.

a comparison of both calder and heathcote was petmods dark blue mintub vl it struggled for traction and could only get a best of 8.9 at 152 there he went to calder a week or two later and dropped imediately to 8.6 at 156-157 ask him which track he would prefer to be on.

another example between calder and wsid is kd747 how long and how many passes had he done at calder trying im sure all different boost levels launch technique etc to get consistently into the 8s and could only run a best of 8.9 at 157.

car gets sold goes to sydney more weight gets added car runs easy 8s at every meet and has pb and mph better than it ever could in melbourne.

maybe kd747 could say something here he has raced on both tracks with his race cars and the vl and could give first hand account of our tracks compared to wsid.

Last edited by GMHBT1; 13-07-09 at 16:09.
GMHBT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 16:10   #65
ANK
BANNED

i think darko went 8.7 at heathcote man either wall all you are doing is making excuses its funny melb workshops live on them remmeber all the bull **** john bresciani would get on here and post up forever making excuses dont fall into the trap where your making excuses for other people ay
Old 13-07-09, 16:12   #66
GMHBT1
Player

Car: R33 gtst m spec
fair enough i see what you are saying im just saying give us a better track and regular prepared meets im sure times will tumble.
GMHBT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-09, 16:50   #67
[HAMOUD]
HDT LE #3501 9.92@140mph

Car: HDT VL Calais TURBO LE [#3501] 9.92@140mph
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to [HAMOUD]
man last time i raced at heathcote a ****en ****box blew its diff a few cars up, i didnt know and i end up skating to mid track...watch the fullboost video...the tracks rubbish.
Old 15-07-09, 11:07   #68
rotorg33k
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISL33P
congrats to all....c'mon rotorg33k get some vid's up
Congrates to joe & maatouk, great times!

i know you guys have been waiting, and sorry for the delay.. if you want to see just maatouks run click on the link below...

http://www.quartrmile.com/play.php?vid=464

i will have the big rotorg33k video on my channel by the end of the week! added some really cool extras and will be in HD!

cheers
jr
Old 15-07-09, 11:16   #69
AVL012345
Player

Car:
You're a legend rotorg33k. Cheers.
AVL012345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 23:33   #70
mkd.jet
Player

Car: BLACK VLT/ CHOPPER
Trader Rating: (5)
well done to the maatouk boy's at the end of the day they did this on a small
tyre, and look at our melbourne cars running a tyre like a top fuel drag car
shame melbourne shame...........
and i cant beleive some of the excusses we dont have a proper track, my car wheelspins, i dont have a light globe, my door fell off
F@#KN LOL.....

Z.T FABRICATION & ENGINEERING
mkd.jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 09:53   #71
stoney
bored

Car: VXR8, 69 camaro
Trader Rating: (1)
Congrats Anth on the time, sam, andrew etc for their hard work as well.
It's funny that the only reason victoria's not coming close is due to the track, why arent there more qld cars doing these times? willowbank is every bit as good if not better than wsid..
Anthony's always had Plan B ready to go, since before this car was thrown together for jambo last year, but like he always says, he can go faster with this setup so why put a twin cam or methanol on it?

Jamie, nice filming mate

Quote:
another example between calder and wsid is kd747 how long and how many passes had he done at calder trying im sure all different boost levels launch technique etc to get consistently into the 8s and could only run a best of 8.9 at 157.

car gets sold goes to sydney more weight gets added car runs easy 8s at every meet and has pb and mph better than it ever could in melbourne.

maybe kd747 could say something here he has raced on both tracks with his race cars and the vl and could give first hand account of our tracks compared to wsid.
Do you think weight is all that was added? The boys have put alot of effort into that car up in sydney not just raced it was it was.

Last edited by stoney; 16-07-09 at 09:57. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 10:40   #72
355boost
Player

Car: VS SENATOR
Quote:

Let just set the Records Straight here.
1. Maatouk Ran the Numbers 8.0's@174 no ifs no buts singlecam VL - NO EXCUSES!

2. in regards to the above quote: the meeting after the 9" was installed in JET30R (ex kd747) so thats 180pounds the best the car ran in sydney that meeting the car went 8.94@154. Vic, took JET30R to JPC for a dyno session. We left JPC at 8:40pm we got to the Calder. Unloaded the car. We got to the lanes and raced at about 9:30pm 1st pass car ran 8.96@157.58 off the trailer, no track prep. You must set the car up for conditions. If you wanna race you get your money together and you race, there is no excuse.

3. Vince and Michael (KD747) have packed their cars and come to Sydney heaps of times they are dedicated no doubt. They even came down and the F&*^ing meeting got rained out, they came back next meeting!!!! Thats what you do no matter what, you get it done! The red weapon ran a gun barrel pass on a normal night at Calder and ran their PB for the car.

Last edited by 355boost; 16-07-09 at 10:45.
355boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 10:46   #73
ANK
BANNED

i was talking to you boys at calder that day question your car has a totaly stock rear end what did you do to set it up for the track ?
Old 16-07-09, 11:19   #74
355boost
Player

Car: VS SENATOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANK
i was talking to you boys at calder that day question your car has a totaly stock rear end what did you do to set it up for the track ?
mainly Tyre pressure adjustment and staging the boost to allow the boost to help the car leave without overpowering the track. As any car does when they go to a new track!! If you come with the button set on kill you will simply blow away tyres which is what happened the next day when we expected a prept track.

Look at anth and vic's cars when they go down on a wednesday night no track prep! the cars are slowly bought up to power levels after the initial pass to see where the track is at! There are no excuses for traveling to and from tracks if you have the budget to race.

Last edited by 355boost; 16-07-09 at 11:32.
355boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-09, 20:04   #75
Jet R31
10.21@140.89

Car: r31 skyline lego block
Quote:
i hope matouks and kil351 decide to bring theres down to heathcote one day to race and see what they get here compared to there.

they would be very lucky to get under 8.5 i reckon if they didnt break traction in the top end or hit the bumps in the track.
Yep, even 140mph cars wheelspin up the bumpy heath goat track, especially on the right lane, its like hitting roadworks at 3/4 track, nothing like when i used to race at AIR, I actually **** myself when i hit the bump, left lanes ok.
Remember when Keir wilson 8 sec gtr came to heathcote after being at AIR for yrs, it was 5 tenths of, and wheelspun like crazy.

Well done to mautooks, sick of congratulating you guys, you *******s make it look
way to easy!, goodluck for the 7's Hope i can make it to Jambo, would be awesome
to see all the vls in action
cheers
darren

Last edited by Jet R31; 16-07-09 at 20:10.
Jet R31 is offline   Reply With Quote