CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > General, Electrics, Engine Management, Wheels, Bodywork
JD CUSTOM

Old 30-04-15, 21:12   #1
15nuts
Player

Car: vl, vs ss, hj panelvan
Trader Rating: (0)
18inch chasers

I was told that the the ve cop cars in the us (aka chevy ss) have 18 inch steel rims ? Iv searched for more info on them and found nothing .there is a few photos of them and they do look to be about 18s .does anyone no anything about the them?where to buy a set and even any pics of a vl with them ?
15nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 14:44   #2
wlk21
Player

Send a message via ICQ to wlk21
why waste your time? you will most likely never come across a set here in Australia even if there is such a thing. Chasers are an a-s-s looking rim anyway designed for practicality and function or for skidding the rears if you don't want to damage your good rims. If you want to go an 18+ rim, why would consider chasers? go for something half decent for your vl IMO.
wlk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-15, 17:41   #3
15nuts
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlk21 View Post
why waste your time? you will most likely never come across a set here in Australia even if there is such a thing. Chasers are an a-s-s looking rim anyway designed for practicality and function or for skidding the rears if you don't want to damage your good rims. If you want to go an 18+ rim, why would consider chasers? go for something half decent for your vl IMO.
I see wheee ur coming from but I like the bt1 look. Iv seen vls with the 16inch chasers and I think tucking a set of white walled 18 inch silver steelies would look killer
Old 01-05-15, 22:20   #4
shred
OMG its full of stars

Car: 07 SSV, 88 BT1 Turbo, VS exec
i saw a few sets of 17s for sale in aus around 18 months ago or so and they wernt cheap around 800+ for the 4 rims alone without machining

you can buy the 18s in the usa but the place doesnt sell or ship to aus so you have to get someone there to buy an ship to you pretty sure this is them

http://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/merch...gory_Code=1519

cheaper on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Chevy-Caprice-.../dp/B00AZ7QQWY

but not cheap at all when you consider that price an the value of the au dollar atm and you would need to get them shipped and then machined to fit on the vl like the ve rims

theres someone around aus doin a 20 inch chaser but they were damned expensive theres some pics of them on a vn floating around

much better wheels floating around for that money instead of some oversized heavy assed steelies

Last edited by shred; 01-05-15 at 22:37.
shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-15, 21:00   #5
15nuts
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by shred View Post
i saw a few sets of 17s for sale in aus around 18 months ago or so and they wernt cheap around 800+ for the 4 rims alone without machining

you can buy the 18s in the usa but the place doesnt sell or ship to aus so you have to get someone there to buy an ship to you pretty sure this is them

but not cheap at all when you consider that price an the value of the au dollar atm and you would need to get them shipped and then machined to fit on the vl like the ve rims

theres someone around aus doin a 20 inch chaser but they were damned expensive theres some pics of them on a vn floating around

much better wheels floating around for that money instead of some oversized heavy assed steelies
Thanks for that mate . u,s r right the totally cost would not be worth it .need to get holmart to start selling them .and I have seen the 20 inch ones and thay look goofy as