CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > Engines, Turbos, Exhausts, Intercoolers
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 25-04-14, 16:14   #1
t-rav
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
AAC valve

Hey all
Just installed my JD plenum deleted the air regulating valve but have retained the AAC idle control unit , for some reason the AAC valve is making a vibrating sound as if it is jammed when ignition is on so I grabbed another AAC valve I had lying around and hooked that up to the plug with out attaching it to the plenum and its the same thing , it just vibrates in my hand so I was wondering if this is normal or if I have a voltage issue .

I also tried dissconnecting the TPS plug to see if it was jammed ect and it made no difference .

Only thing I can think of is it is fuctioning normally but the JD plenum is not as dense of a material as the standard cast alloy unit so the sound is amplified and freaking me out .

Any advice or solutions would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance
t-rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-14, 17:54   #2
skotvlct
Player

Car: black 88 vlct, jeep limited,
Trader Rating: (0)
I had a jd plenum before but never telly had this problem. Is it a loud vibrating?
Old 25-04-14, 18:37   #3
t-rav
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
Loud enough to clearly hear and it doesn't stop when you open close the throttle body that's why I'm sus on it I did extend the wires for the TPS and soldered them and there is a slight chance that they are shorting out from a sharp bit of solder piercing the tape I wrapped each join in but I doubt it . Ill pull all my loom apart tomorrow and go over it again .
Car runs fine idles good but it's just not right the noise it's making .
When you remove the plug you can hear it closing makes a 'chink' noise but it should turn of/close when I open the throttle shouldn't it ??

Last edited by t-rav; 25-04-14 at 18:40.
t-rav is offline   Reply With Quote