CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > For Sale & Wanted > For Sale - Advertisers > 6Boost.com
GRUNT Performance

Old 10-11-05, 15:58   #126
6BOOST
Where 4 out thou Maniman?

Car: 9 sec Corolla Panelvan
Trader Rating: (20)
Price doesnt include postage, which is uaually less than $100 insured. Freight is just sent COD which only costs $6.50. The current wait is about 8-10 days from day of order to day of completion, I have been working 7 days a week for the last 10 weeks to try and catch up and get in front, nearly there!!

Cheers........................6BOOST
Old 18-11-05, 05:49   #127
GMH-JC
3VOM

Car: 1950 Single Spinner (3VOM), 64 Rat Beetle, Japanese Rat Bobber
Trader Rating: (47)
if i was to get a low mount manifold, would it need to be heat wrapped?
GMH-JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-05, 09:27   #128
6BOOST

No, it deosn't "need" to e heat wrapped, it depends on you heat shielding and what you have near it such as wiring, although heat wrap will def help reflected heat and under bonnet temps.

6BOOST
Old 28-11-05, 14:40   #129
poohkies
no it's a calais not a vl

Car: VL Calais Turbo,Autech 260rs, GT Spec B Liberty wagon, R33 4 door daily
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to poohkies Send a message via Skype™ to poohkies
there's my kit, very happy with it, can't prase it enough, showed everyone i know the quility, so hopfully get u some more work kyle, maybe u can give me some sponsorship :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00350.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	10491   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00354.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	10492  

Last edited by poohkies; 28-11-05 at 14:52.
poohkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-05, 23:38   #130
6BOOST

That looks awesome man!!! Thanks for the pics. Hury up and finish the beast so we can see what it will do!! As for sponsership, run me some good numbers then we'll talk:D

Kyle.
Old 29-11-05, 00:03   #131
ATMO_BT1
CT Allstar

Car:
Trader Rating: (29)
i am in love with your low mount manifolds...i know where il be going when i upgrade the old t3.

Just 1 question...you seem very informed. I dont know if this has been answered yet but would you really say that an external wastegate is necesary on a lowish boost (say 13-15psi) street set up, as i am only chasing around 250rwkw and it is manual. AFAIK external wastegates can just move more exhaust gas...is that nesecary with one of these bigger turbos?

Jack
Old 29-11-05, 00:37   #132
6BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO_BT1
i am in love with your low mount manifolds...i know where il be going when i upgrade the old t3.

Just 1 question...you seem very informed. I dont know if this has been answered yet but would you really say that an external wastegate is necesary on a lowish boost (say 13-15psi) street set up, as i am only chasing around 250rwkw and it is manual. AFAIK external wastegates can just move more exhaust gas...is that nesecary with one of these bigger turbos?

Jack
Less boost= more gasses through wastegate to keep boost lower, so yes, external helps. But in saying that, a internal gate GT will work fine. I can get the 600hp and 500hp garretts with .82 and .63 rear housings also, they are slightly dearer as the housings have to be machined to suit, they are a non genuine fitment, but come with factory warrantee and support, but this may be an option for those that want a fast spooling roller without the cost and space constraints of a external gate.

Cheers...........................Kyle.
Old 29-11-05, 11:21   #133
v8calais
****y

Car: VX GTS In The Built, VX SS 6L & MQ Patrol, Project 63 Mini Pano + others
Trader Rating: (11)
i love these manifolds mate you do a great job i will be getting one early next year for sure.
Old 29-11-05, 18:36   #134
Cold VL
Player

Car: EVO IX
Trader Rating: (1)
Got mine and very happy with it, just need to source some more stuff and I can finally start putting the beast back together :)

Cheers
Graeme
Old 01-12-05, 15:34   #135
BUSTA 1
these drugs arnt workin

Car: VZ WEARING 20'S
Trader Rating: (0)
good to see

Gee kyle great to see your manifolds are going so well hey..... Not real hard considering the time and effort you have put into making them work..... Now can you stop putting new ideas into COL'S head im hangin to go for another spin in it his rocket.....

Everytime Im round there he is doing sumthin different to it....... By the way Im still waiting for you to come back with a super super dooper deal on doing your first TWIN TURBO LS1 KIT.......

You no me I am a real tight ass......

cheers mate
BUSTA 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-05, 23:51   #136
6BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVU300
Gee kyle great to see your manifolds are going so well hey..... Not real hard considering the time and effort you have put into making them work..... Now can you stop putting new ideas into COL'S head im hangin to go for another spin in it his rocket.....

Everytime Im round there he is doing sumthin different to it....... By the way Im still waiting for you to come back with a super super dooper deal on doing your first TWIN TURBO LS1 KIT.......

You no me I am a real tight ass......

cheers mate
Haha, I'll let you know. I might have a car coming up from sydney for the first kit, otherwise I'll call you and see if your ass has relaxed enough to do it, lol. As for Col, well, I will take partial responsability, I sold his old manifold and dump and made newer better version for same money, but you can't blame him for lettin me, haha. He'll have it goin soon mate, next few weeks, just waitin on box to come back with billet shaft and 4 pin planetary.

6BOOST
Old 02-12-05, 09:05   #137
BUSTA 1
these drugs arnt workin

Car: VZ WEARING 20'S
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BOOST
Haha, I'll let you know. I might have a car coming up from sydney for the first kit, otherwise I'll call you and see if your ass has relaxed enough to do it, lol. As for Col, well, I will take partial responsability, I sold his old manifold and dump and made newer better version for same money, but you can't blame him for lettin me, haha. He'll have it goin soon mate, next few weeks, just waitin on box to come back with billet shaft and 4 pin planetary.

6BOOST

Come on now kyle...... You no your good mates from choice are doin a twin turbo set up on a stato up here........ Be real nice to beat them to the punch..... Only trouble is I dont think the auto would hold the power....... Id reckon it could start to cost me some dollars real quick.....

Maybe a real neat single turbo kit maybe the go....... Crunch some numbers and let me no...... A new impulse blue ss ute with 6boost plastered all over it would get a lot of attention lol........ Especially when it's sideways at 100k's on the highway lol

cheers Brett
BUSTA 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 21:37   #138
6BOOST

Shmeh, it doesn't worry me about the one they are doing, its just a bought kit, its not really the same thing as completely developing your own. Nor do I think you'd be plastering my logo all over your car, you like your car to be clean, not have sh1t hangin off it everywhere. If the one that is lined up falls through, I'll call ya.

6BOOST
Old 04-12-05, 15:00   #139
Sen215i
Player

Car:
6boost wondering if you do a single turbo kit for a 5L VS
Sen215i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-05, 21:18   #140
boostn1
soon big boost

Car: vy sv8 5.7
Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to boostn1
the to4 standard foot print and the split pulse apart from the inside of the turbo do they bolt up the same
Old 05-12-05, 11:02   #141
poohkies

Quote:
Shmeh, it doesn't worry me about the one they are doing, its just a bought kit, its not really the same thing as completely developing your own. Nor do I think you'd be plastering my logo all over your car, you like your car to be clean, not have sh1t hangin off it everywhere. If the one that is lined up falls through, I'll call ya.

6BOOST
i'll plast stickers all over my car :P u just make em i'll put them on!

have enough body kit to do with,

should have the body kit back in the next couple of weeks

will send u a photo of the car, and u work out where u want the stickers etc
Old 05-12-05, 20:56   #142
6BOOST

Haha, back or front window will be fine mate, whats this comin to bris stuff?? You movin down here??

6BOOST
Old 16-12-05, 23:21   #143
dadem0n
Player

Car:
So where are these LS1 single turbo manifolds??

Just gimme 12 hrs notice and i'll be on your doorstep :)
dadem0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-05, 11:55   #144
6BOOST

Haha, its going to be trwin turbo now, not single. I looked at the market and the GenT kits already have the name and marketplace. And run the numbers. So i've decided to build twin low mount setup, it will be the only one in aus that you don't have to pull the engine out to fit or hasn't got oil return pumps for turbo drain back.

The kit is aimed at being smack in the middle of the GenT kits, with 880hp total airflow, and spool somewhere between the 2. Full boost hopefully at 3000rpm, 420ish rwkw. Turbo's, manifolds, and oil/water line kits will come in at about $5000. I have my first car now, it showed up from Sydney on TNT yesterday, pick it up and get started on monday. Should be done and dyno'd first week of Jan.

Cheers.................6BOOST
Old 18-12-05, 12:22   #145
AFG-WPN
Armin Van Buuren

Car: D34DLY R34 356rwkw :) :) :)
Send a message via MSN to AFG-WPN
well done on the ls1 kit kyle,
should be talkin with u soon about the street bruiser packege mate, maybe 2months, good luck bro ;)
AFG-WPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-05, 12:09   #146
STD 03l
Player

Car: VK RB30ET and VYSS
sounds fantastic at that pricing level. Make sure you keep us all up to date.
STD 03l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-05, 16:09   #147
calais25t
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Send a message via MSN to calais25t
Picked up my kit yesterday and I highly recommend kyles work.
Thanks heaps mate will talk to ya soon about a few other things.
calais25t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-05, 22:31   #148
poohkies

what's happening with the 304 kits and are they single or twin, and $$$$ and when will they be availble ?
Old 28-12-05, 10:02   #149
6BOOST

AT this stage 304 kits will be single turbo, and will use standard manifold on the passenger side. As most people can get an exhaust shop to do the crossover pipe, which is as basic as it gets, I won't be supplying the crossover pipe, which I'd probably change more than an exhuast shop to make anyway, the benifit of this is that I think a few different models have different manifolds, and this will mean I don't have to make multiple various crossover pipes. It also means that if someone has extractors, they can potentially use that on the drivers side still, which would flow nicer.

Kits will be around $3700 with turbo, manifold, oil and water lines and wastegate for GT35/40, and $4000 with TO4Z which should make up to 600rwhp and make full boost at 2800rpm, which I imagine would be quite insane to drive!

6BOOST
Old 28-12-05, 11:45   #150
poohkies

Quote:
AT this stage 304 kits will be single turbo, and will use standard manifold on the passenger side. As most people can get an exhaust shop to do the crossover pipe, which is as basic as it gets, I won't be supplying the crossover pipe, which I'd probably change more than an exhuast shop to make anyway, the benifit of this is that I think a few different models have different manifolds, and this will mean I don't have to make multiple various crossover pipes. It also means that if someone has extractors, they can potentially use that on the drivers side still, which would flow nicer.

Kits will be around $3700 with turbo, manifold, oil and water lines and wastegate for GT35/40, and $4000 with TO4Z which should make up to 600rwhp and make full boost at 2800rpm, which I imagine would be quite insane to drive!

6BOOST
are these ready now kyle, and u wouldn't use the GT42 or GT45?