User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > Technical Articles
Tyres Now

Old 01-09-06, 12:23   #1
VLWAGONIT
Gold Members

Car: Vlc wagon, 89 GSXR 1100
Trader Rating: (20)
the aftermarket central locking install thred.

(previeusly "even easier install of an after maket central locking kit")

this is the easyest way i have found to install an aftermarket central locking kit.

tools:
drill with about a 3/4mm bit and about a 10mm bit
side cuters
tin snips or small rip saw
soldering iron.
tape and heat shrink
philips head screw driver
plyers

1. remove door trim.

2. bend back anti-theft plate so it runs paralell to the door.

3. remove plastic slide bar for lock

3. cut metal like so ( note also in this pic where the two holes are driled and how the anti theft plate is bent back:

4. dumy fit the central locking acctuator and drill holes.

5. screw in the rail for the acctuator and the acctualtor to the rail.

6. cut and bend rod to attatch to slide bar rod.

7. attatch:

8. tidy up your work and run the cables. if there isnt already holes in the doors drill sum in places you think are appropriate, remember not to drill the holes directly opposite each other, drill them about 100mm appart.

9. re apply door trim.

Back Doors: ( they are much easyer than the front doors).
1. remove door trim.

2. drill holes and run wires. to do this remove the plastic bit at the bottom of the door and the plastic bit the seatbelt goes into.

3. at the front at the top off the door there is a plastic bit that sort of has 3 arms off it and the one at the front of the door that sits horazontaly (spelling) is the one that you hook the rod for the acctuator onto.

4. dummy for the acctuator to see where the holes are going to go.

5. drill the holes for the acctuator* (making sure it sits vertical) also make sure it is high enough to clear that rod thingy that makes the door not open toofar ( i didnt do this and almost snaped the acctuator inhalf. woops)

6. dumby fit the rod from the acctuator so it can go thru the hole in the plastic but with 3 "arms"

7. cut rod and bend it so it will fit and so it can go thru the hole. once it is in and the rod is conected to the acctuator make sure it clears everythign and test it buy hooking up the wires

8. if all is working then re fit the door trims

to wire it up:

1. take off stearing column cover and remove the lower right hand side of the dash, gregories manual if you cant figure it out and dont force it cuz itl break.
2. there should be a red and a black wire from the central locking box.
3. on the ignition switch there is a plug with 5 different coloured wires coming of it. find the red one and check that it is the constant power wire. once you are sure it is disconnect the batery, cut the wire and solder on the red wire.
4. under the stearing column there is a silver bolt with about a 7mm head on it, attach your ground wire (black) to this 1.
5. if you are wiering to an aftermarket alarm then tehre will be a black unlock and lock wire coming out of it somewhere, find these and there shld be a white and brown wire coming from the central locking module, solder these to the black wires (cant remember which way, just do it and check it and if its the wrong way then reverse them)

other than this there may be a few other wires that i wont go into but ask me if you dont know what you are doing.

enjoy the joys of central locking to stop ur m8s winging that you dont have it.

this is a project that may take a bit of motorvation as it will take a few hours to complete but it is well worth it.

pm me if you get into trouble with it and il try and help.

Last edited by VLWAGONIT; 20-09-07 at 23:38. Reason: time for a change
VLWAGONIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-06, 23:01   #2
JET-6
THE BANINATOR

Car: MK1 Esky 2 door(2.3 turbo), Patrol monster truck, and a EB2 XR6
Trader Rating: (68)
Good pics, thread opened for you, please go ahead and do the rear doors for everyone

Email me @ thumpainc@bigpond.com
JET-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-07, 18:28   #3
berlina91
Player

Car: 1986 Vl Berlina
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to berlina91
hey man i have know idea how to wire it up can you please help asap due to i need the car to get to school
berlina91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 14:43   #4
holdn4eva
Player

Car: No more 5 speed VL
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to holdn4eva Send a message via Yahoo to holdn4eva Send a message via Skype™ to holdn4eva
great guide ashame theres no pics of the back doors this will help me alot when i start mine this weekend
Old 04-09-07, 15:51   #5
[T]Matty
RIP VLT

Car: 2012 ExtraCab Hilux 4X4, RB30DET 180SX
Trader Rating: (19)
i had a problem with the motors not being strong enough to push the locks.. anyone else get this?
Old 04-09-07, 19:16   #6
VLHERO
Player

Car: "Mini Aero"
Trader Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [T]Matty
i had a problem with the motors not being strong enough to push the locks.. anyone else get this?
Yeah it all depends on the connection between the actuator and the locking rod in the door. You need to do it in such a way that there is the least amount of physical resistance possible.
VLHERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-07, 14:22   #7
VLWAGONIT
Gold Members

Car: Vlc wagon, 89 GSXR 1100
Trader Rating: (20)
just try not to have too much of an angle between the rod and teh acctuator and u shld be right.

as for piks of the back doors, the acctuators sit in the same position as the factory ones. so u cant realy see them but because im so kind:

note. above pic is of a factory central locking acctuator as i cbf pulling the trim off on my wagon but they are exactly the same anyway

Last edited by VLWAGONIT; 20-09-07 at 23:28.
VLWAGONIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-07, 22:32   #8
holdn4eva
Player

Car: No more 5 speed VL
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to holdn4eva Send a message via Yahoo to holdn4eva Send a message via Skype™ to holdn4eva
i got my front ones working however the back will open just not lock so i have 2 play around with the way the aculators sit i guess. once again great guide i followed the front doors step by step and they work great