User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
G-Cylinder

Old 20-04-09, 21:47   #26
PSI-EFI
Official Member

Car: hj coupe 5litre, vp exec 6 (write off), vx s pac
Trader Rating: (0)
what calais nv was tryna say is that.. you could be a concious, fully grandma spec driver.. but all it takes is some ****head to go up ur ass.. and then once you try forward a claim, because your not meant to be driving the car, you will get ****ed over and cop it a style.. has happened b4
PSI-EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-09, 01:28   #27
[IB6UB9]
Player

Car: VY Calais LS1, VLCT 292 rwkw
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha don
well according to that article the law has changed... based on what that article says there is no reason why we cannot now drive a vl turbo on our p's.
however i will be going to vic roads on monday with the article for confirmation, will let you know what the story is.
did you go to vic roads?
Old 21-04-09, 07:11   #28
LUVMTL
Player

Car: Vlt BT1 (KNRYME) & Ford feista zeteck the one on roids
Trader Rating: (6)
yer did anyone go to vic roads ???????? i just dont have time
yer i thought about the insurence side of think my dad is coverd 2 and sisters fiance as they have been driveing it for me
Old 21-04-09, 19:43   #29
Checko
Player

Car: bus ticket
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to Checko
i hope its true... cant wait to have the vlt on the prowl

take a read of this article.. seems to back up the one above..

http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/bl...or_safer_cars/

Last edited by Checko; 21-04-09 at 19:46.
Checko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-09, 20:04   #30
1sikxt
Player

Car: ba xr6
do use think you will be able 2 drive a supercharged vy calais
1sikxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-09, 20:04   #31
1sikxt
Player

do use think you will be able 2 drive a supercharged vy calais
Old 21-04-09, 20:07   #32
Katsa
Gold Members

Car: [EX.RTA] Kimberly bronze BT1
Trader Rating: (7)
cant see them allowing vl turbos to be driven...
Hope they do but, even though im off my p's id love to see more vl turbos on the road
Old 21-04-09, 20:49   #33
tha don
Player

Car: VS Statesman SIII, 1971 Mercedes 350SL
Trader Rating: (3)
I went to vic roads this afternoon, and talked to a guy who didn't have a clue about anything, surprise surprise.

Basically he told me that yes there were changes being made to the law, and to wait untill something is on the website before doing anything that is against the standing law.
Also, found these...

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2009...t-by-all-14497

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2009...rictions-14479

So just sit back and wait guys, there will be changes in the near future, but the technicalities are still being worked out... like I said wait for it to appear on the vic roads site.
tha don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-09, 21:25   #34
VL-EXEC
Official Member

Car: VL Berlina
Trader Rating: (6)
im all for it (only reason i havnt got a turbo is because im on red P's but when reading this:

"To balance the benefits of restricting high-powered vehicles and allowing P-platers to drive safe, moderately-powered cars, we're introducing changes to provide permits for some lower-performance turbocharged or supercharged cars with greater fuel-efficiency,"

A VLT isnt really fuel efficient, so why would it be allowed???

also states:
The Minister didn't outline what qualifies as an appropriate 'fuel efficient' fuel consumption figure but did say the Mazda CX-7 with a combined economy figure of 11.5L/100km would be included in the exempt vehicle list.

so i guess if a VLT got better fuel efficiency then 11.5L/100km it should be ok???
Old 24-04-09, 14:03   #35
matt-vlc
Player

Car:
would anyone know an approximate date of when this would be introduced, or is a wait and see scenario?
God i hope this happens, would be awesome!
matt-vlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-09, 15:49   #36
paparazzi
Player

Car: 97 STI Wagon, landcruiser & [PRORB-6] IN THE BUILD.
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to paparazzi
i rekon it will be a waiting game no doubt. probly start seeing things in 2-3 months and then another few months before its introduced.
Old 25-04-09, 13:04   #37
Calais_Nv
Player

Car: Maloo
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to Calais_Nv
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSI-EFI
what calais nv was tryna say is that.. you could be a concious, fully grandma spec driver.. but all it takes is some ****head to go up ur ass.. and then once you try forward a claim, because your not meant to be driving the car, you will get ****ed over and cop it a style.. has happened b4
omg someone who understands , thanks you! very simple people you cant drive it so dont.
Calais_Nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-09, 21:03   #38
MNST3R
Player

Car: vp berlina 5.0L V8
would i be able 2 drive a s2 r33 gtst if this law comes in?
MNST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-09, 21:34   #39
paparazzi
Player

check the power to weight ratio.
go on redbook.com to get the specs
Old 29-04-09, 22:53   #40
darkstar
Silver Bullet

Car: 5spd Calais Turbo
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via ICQ to darkstar
Guys, its all about the state level legislation and laws in the act.

Anything on the vicroads website will be an interpretation. If they are going to revert back to the old 125kw/tonne and displacement/tonne rules then the legislation will say so.

If the legislation has an ambiguous meaning in it, it can be interpreted in the eyes of the plaintiff. This is the case in case law ie: a vessel under an insurance contract is assumed to be a contained vessel, such as a hot water heater, but it can be interpreted as a sink that holds water. In the case where someone left the tap on in a plugged sink and the whole hose was flooded and ruined, it was interpreted that meaning of a vessel is something that holds a liquid - enclosed or open and thus the insurance paid out the damages.

There is no law on vic roads and no law on CT. You must read and interpret the legislation - otherwise your just talking sh.it that does not apply and cannot be used in a case.

If the legislation was to explicitly define that 125kw/tonne in a turbo car or under is acceptable as a P plater vehicle, and there was no emissions clause or year/model clause, then a VL, skyline, 200sx etc would be P plater legal again.

Does anyone know which section and which act they are going to ammend? Chances are it will be enabled in the start of the financial year. Most laws that involve fines and revenue start 1st July of each year so they can bank the cash and account for it every financial year. From the sounds of it they may drop the power to 100kw/tonne and therefore squash all "high performance" turbo 4s and 6s.

Its a BS peice of law in my view..... you can die in an excel or you can die in a 200sx. I would say its more dangerous to speed in a low performance car than a car built to perform. Some of these crap boxes shouldnt even leave the factory new.

Last edited by darkstar; 29-04-09 at 22:58.
darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-09, 03:55   #41
mulkers
Official Member

Car: VE SS Sportwagon, VL Berlina Turbo, VL 5.0 Berlina, Slocus work hack
What darkstar is saying sounds correct.

The first article, on the Age website leaves a lot of grey area, and it would be assumed that VLts, skylines, silvias etc would be legal, however, teh carsguide article clears this up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsguide.com.au
The difference in the new regulations is that the power-to-weight formula for cars on the HPV list has been changed to 100 kiloWatts-per-tonne.

Vehicles in the 100-125 kiloWatt-per-tonne can also be exempted from the restriction if they are considered to be 'family' and not a 'sports' type vehicle. The full list of eligible vehicles will soon be updated on the VicRoad website, but probationary drivers will need to apply for an exemption permit.
So no sports cars, unless they are below 100kw/tonne, or if somehow they are between 100kw/tonne and 125kw/tonne, and are not classed as sports cars and are deemed to be 'green' fuel efficient cars, i doubt very much that any of the listed cars would be on the exempt list
Old 30-04-09, 10:26   #42
scharged
Player

Car: s/charged VT Calais
Why don't they just f u c k i n ban us from driving anything that has a motor in it. Seriously if they think that this new legislation is going to be any good they got another thing coming. This is just making us feel like rebelling more and doing the s hit they're trying to prevent us from doing.

All they think about is revenue these wankers. Instead of making a legislation based on more 'safer' vehicles and providing some kind of financial support to buy these vehicles to ensure that accidents and road deaths are minimized or something like providing defensive driving course vouchers, they would rather base the legislation on 'green' fuel efficiency which is a load of bulls hit.

Think about it, when we are all forced to drive very fuel efficient cars and refill our tanks at a slightly less rate than what we would normally, they are just going to jack up the petrol prices up further at an 'attempt' to balance it out and make a s hitload of profit on the side. That's my interpretation anyway.

Not that it will directly affect me cos i'll hopefully have a 6 ute, but the fact that they are just targeting us like this just gives me more of a reason to break the rules.

Last edited by scharged; 30-04-09 at 10:29.
scharged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-09, 17:02   #43
B.D.R
Player

Car: Turbo'd Patrol
While i can sympatize with current P platers, these power restictions are not a new thing.

I remember when i first got my License 13+years ago, we had restrictions on us that were'nt a whole lot worse than they are now, mind you they used to be more enfoced than they seem to be now.

Young people are over represented in crash stats, so that's why the powers that be have and continue to make draconian rules to try and prevent this, and if they can line there pockets on the way through then all the better .

If you drive an over powered car\bike, and stack\lose it YOU WONT BE COVERED by insurance Co, this happened to my Brother a couple of years back, on his then new CBR 600 RR, his bike was pinched from the shops, rang the Rozzers, they took a statement, rang his insurance Co, they said "sorry mate, you should not be riding that bike", he was lucky the local D***head's nocked it off and braged at the pub (small country town) , so he got it back in a couple of days luckily as he had no Insurance cover, due to over powered vehicle.

My advise to the young blokes\girls, buy what ever first car you want and that IS legal, and you can afford, drive this around till ya off you're P's then go nut's, as you're first car will get dinged and generally treated bad .

Chris
B.D.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 16:10   #44
REBEL
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMTL
people in power are so insecure with themselfs they need to show athority to give them an endorphin rush and show there in athority to satisfie there big headed ego i propose we start a vendetta againt the govenment LOL

bottom line when my turbz is up i will drive it licence or no licence

VIc Roads It's a car GET OVER IT

The Govenment It's a CAR GET OVER IT

BOTTOM LINE : u can kill youself in any car the laws are silly and show how incontroll the govenment is we should fight as much as we can
AMEN.
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 01:07   #45
darkstar
Silver Bullet

Car: 5spd Calais Turbo
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via ICQ to darkstar
Talking sh!t on a forum and complaining on a forum will not get you anywhere. If you are concerned about how the new laws affect you, then write to your local MP and get your opinion heard.
Old 24-06-09, 09:07   #46
1sikxt
Player

has anyone herd anything new about these laws
Old 24-06-09, 15:19   #47
paparazzi
Player

i went to vic roads 2 weeks ago n asked about it,
said they havnt heard anything about =s
paparazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-09, 13:07   #48
matt-vlc
Player

Car:
sounds very very suspicious.
I hope it comes into action, but highly doubt it.
Looks like its a N/A for me for a while....
matt-vlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-09, 13:27   #49
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paparazzi
i went to vic roads 2 weeks ago n asked about it,
said they havnt heard anything about =s

prolly just a publicity stunt
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-09, 18:25   #50
pez_07
Player

Car: vs calais s2, n/a vl exec
\

agreed laws are gay like the passenger restrictions!! i got done in da city 14km/h over speed limit lost 3 points then also got done for passengers 3 points lost my liscense and 600 bux worht of fines! While i was waiting some **** head got done 50 km/h over speed limit! He got the same punishment as me loss of liscence! It's ***ed!
pez_07 is offline   Reply With Quote