GRUNT Performance

Old 07-05-04, 00:55   #1
platinum
Administrator

Car: E-Series HSV Senator
Trader Rating: (14)
Cruise Planning, you are all boring.

okay.

Suggestions of where we should go and what we should do for our next cruise.
Bare in mind, it, quite possibly could be pissing with rain ( Adelaide; ).

Now, hill runs really annoy me, no one wants to be navigating a fricken boat of a VL around a gay hill, and we also don't want to be driving for hours to some boring hole of a town (not naming any names of course ).

I would personally like to go somewhere and do something interesting, like a bit of go-carting, the gepps cross one is pretty easy to get into and has ample parking, but it costs a bit (and I realise we have a lot of pov uni students who've spent all their money on beer in attendance ).

Other than that, we just go for the usual city run, up to port adelaide (while avoiding the tyre-slashing, beanie wearing, VB sculling bogans), back through the city and then for something different out the otherside of the city past 'the pines' hockey field, because, quite frankly, after 10+ cruises the same route is rapidly starting to sh*t me.

We are going to have to start some "marketing" soon, ryan, our designated "marketing director" will be supplying alcohol and we new need a "dedicated driver" to help with out official "VLSA/Calaisturbo P.R. night". Had great success before (from what I recall anyway) and this time we will take heaps of flyers to hand out to fellow VL owners.

Make your route suggestions, and any VL owners who have not been on a cruise before, no excuses!! You can be driving any VL, doesn't have to be turbo (although the more the better ).

Discuss.
platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-04, 18:49   #2
Denied
into the void

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
haha, yes we are all boring and lazy, just a suggestion but what about a Victor/Goolwa run? it's a half decent drive
Old 08-05-04, 18:26   #3
VLTurbsEx
Player

Car: Nissan R32 Skyline
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to VLTurbsEx
lets just hope the damn fuel prices go down soon, but i should be in wherever we go!
Old 09-05-04, 00:03   #4
platinum
Administrator

Yeah $1.10 L tonight
Old 09-05-04, 20:48   #5
VLTurbsEx
Player

Car: Nissan R32 Skyline
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to VLTurbsEx
i'm just driving my boonger around at the moment cause i just simply can't afford to fill it up fo that much!
Old 11-05-04, 11:55   #6
GoldenBoy
Player

Car: Gold N/A calais look alike and a Midnight Blue over silver SII Calais Turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via ICQ to GoldenBoy Send a message via MSN to GoldenBoy
yea sounds good gav... i reckon through the city, to port adelaide then down to gepps cross for a bitta go karting (last time i went it was about $20 for 20 laps i think) but if theres enough of us im sure our "marketing director" ryan can organise us some sort of discount as well as supplying us with free beer. then we could cruise down past elizabeth etc for something different being sure not to stop at lights for too long as A... we all like our wheels on our cars and B... petrol prices are high enough without having to fill up 3 times in 2 sets of lights. I nominate ryan for the PR work also... good work ryan!!!
Old 11-05-04, 16:56   #7
evilrb
Player

Car: Piece of crap
well i suggested skirmish aaaaages ago but that turned out a poor response... maybe people were too cry babyish or just wooses... hehe

im sorry i started the hole "lets go for a drive through the hills to a boring destination and stand around for a coupla hours and wonder what the bloody hell we are all doing here and piss off back to adelaide" idea but you gotta understand one thing.... theres NOWHERE to go in adelaide....

on the other hand... go carting is a good idea

maybe we could join with RCK or another club and have a joint (?) cruise.

i may not be on the next cruise.. my car is a embarrasment and deserves to be driven off a cliff (yes it is THAT bad).
evilrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-04, 17:16   #8
platinum
Administrator

hehe scott, we have had some real boongas on the cruise before, 2 cars without nosecones even, I think you should bring yours - or ride in someone elses.

RCK, err no - nuff said...

There is the modified car klub (damm these people who spell it "klub", annoys me greatly. )
Old 11-05-04, 18:10   #9
Denied
into the void

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
without nosecones? cool! I won't feel out of place in the ****box :P
Old 12-05-04, 15:32   #10
GoldenBoy
Player

Car: Gold N/A calais look alike and a Midnight Blue over silver SII Calais Turbo
yea skirmish would b kewl too... there would b nothing better than kicking cobys arse in a round of painball haha scott u reckon ur cars bad... hav u seen ryans lately??? the more the merrier
Old 12-05-04, 16:10   #11
platinum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denied
without nosecones? cool! I won't feel out of place in the ****box :P
Just put your engine into your other "****box" while u wait.
Old 12-05-04, 16:31   #12
evilrb
Player

Car: Piece of crap
oh i dunno... nose cone or no nose cone, my car is still crap. it needs some rejuvenating (bloody hell i dunno where the hell that word came from... i am showing some form of intelligence lol)
evilrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-04, 17:00   #13
Nusk
Official Member

Car: 1) HSV VR Senator #146... 2) VS Statesman 5.0ltr
Send a message via MSN to Nusk
levi go **** urself :P my cars a beast even after coby ripped the door handle off :|

paintballing yes but there prolly wont be much responce cos of the price.

go carting yer same asbove

i'll do pr and bring a catron for our flyer deliverys but i aint driving lol
Nusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-04, 17:20   #14
platinum
Administrator

i think its cobys turn in the 'brown poo'
Old 13-05-04, 17:10   #15
GoldenBoy
Player

yea go the brown 4WD VL!!!
Old 13-05-04, 18:48   #16
1QIKVT6
Player

Car: a hectic one uleh
Send a message via MSN to 1QIKVT6
you blokes could just combine your cruise with MCK on the 12th of june???
i think they might be making a decent effort to make this a good cruise and everyone is welcome to come out.
and the cruises arnt boganed out extremly and there usually is no cops out there at all.

7pm ETSA PARK, mile end next to bunnings,
12th June - Saturday night
1QIKVT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-04, 09:24   #17
speedracervl
Player

Car: vl calais turbo 5 spd
victor cruise

I reakon a victor harbour cruise would be an excellent idea, seen quite a few car clubs do that, do it on a sunday of a long weekend maybe? plenty of hundred zones just gotta watch out for the sunday drivers.
speedracervl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-04, 16:49   #18
Nusk
Official Member

Car: 1) HSV VR Senator #146... 2) VS Statesman 5.0ltr
Send a message via MSN to Nusk
done it a couple times already and lost so many cars on the way it wasnt funny.

i reckon we go out to the drags one night, or something
Nusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-04, 09:23   #19
speedracervl
Player

drags

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZVL
done it a couple times already and lost so many cars on the way it wasnt funny.

i reckon we go out to the drags one night, or something
I'd be keen for that since I've never been to the drags and been wanting to for ages....
What you mean you've lost cars on the way, people don't know how to get to victor?
Old 23-05-04, 15:43   #20
VL_JOHN
Player

Car: Maranello Red LW5 MX7 BT1
Send a message via ICQ to VL_JOHN Send a message via MSN to VL_JOHN
I reckon a Victor cruise is a good idea. We can get a chance to wind out our cars properly. I thought maybe we start at Bunnings Mileend go up through the freeway via Strathalbyn and return via the coast through Myponga/Aldinga then via South rd or the southern expressway if its open. I reckon it beats cruising round the suburbs where half the cruise gets lost at traffic lights and gets confused reading cruise sheets with 2 dozen directions on them.

It would be nice to keep this a VL cruise seeing it is linked with this forum which make s it unique. If its all VLs we have a common interest and are on the same sort of level.I think that involving other clubs would just turn it into "Just another Commodore cruise" with lots of rivallry and show offs. And after a while back hearing a couple of the founding members of MCK basically say ther club is too good for anything older than VNs, I don't really want to cruise with them. There are plenty of VL drivers out there to get our numbers up with out getting others involved.

The VL cruises we have had in the past may have been a bit boring at the stops but have had reasonable turnouts and have been fairly tame with out pissing off the cops.

Whaddya reckon Gav?
VL_JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-04, 22:33   #21
speedracervl
Player

I'm Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VL_JOHN
I reckon a Victor cruise is a good idea. We can get a chance to wind out our cars properly. I thought maybe we start at Bunnings Mileend go up through the freeway via Strathalbyn and return via the coast through Myponga/Aldinga then via South rd or the southern expressway if its open. I reckon it beats cruising round the suburbs where half the cruise gets lost at traffic lights and gets confused reading cruise sheets with 2 dozen directions on them.

It would be nice to keep this a VL cruise seeing it is linked with this forum which make s it unique. If its all VLs we have a common interest and are on the same sort of level.I think that involving other clubs would just turn it into "Just another Commodore cruise" with lots of rivallry and show offs. And after a while back hearing a couple of the founding members of MCK basically say ther club is too good for anything older than VNs, I don't really want to cruise with them. There are plenty of VL drivers out there to get our numbers up with out getting others involved.

The VL cruises we have had in the past may have been a bit boring at the stops but have had reasonable turnouts and have been fairly tame with out pissing off the cops.

Whaddya reckon Gav?
Sounds good to me.... good way to exchange ideas too, everyone open up there car bonnets have a look at engine bays and sound systems in the boot
Old 23-05-04, 23:14   #22
1QIKVT6
Player

Car: a hectic one uleh
Send a message via MSN to 1QIKVT6
dunno where u heard that about MCK, its for any cars. and the vice president has a VH SLE so yeh. but i can see what your saying about having a VL only cruise.

Last edited by 1QIKVT6; 23-05-04 at 23:18.
1QIKVT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-04, 23:12   #23
VL_JOHN
Player

Car: Maranello Red LW5 MX7 BT1
Send a message via ICQ to VL_JOHN Send a message via MSN to VL_JOHN
Fair enough... I overheard that conversation round Christmas last year so things must have changed since then..
VL_JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-04, 21:27   #24
low_rider
Player

Car: VL Exec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum
but it costs a bit (and I realise we have a lot of pov uni students who've spent all their money on beer in attendance ).
so true man, thats another reason why my car is lookin like **** and i've got two bald tyres on the back. although the uni bar is definitely a good investment to pass those maths and physics assignment blues away...

victor cruise sounds good but it's too far and to long for me, i've got work and footy on the weekends but saturday nites are mostly always open with the odd hiccup.

skirmish and go kartin would be ****in awesome but you'd have to give me a few years notice to save up

i don't have many idea's cos i haven't been on many cruises myself but a semaphore-glenelg-windy point-freeway run was a good nite out for me. although too many cars and it's borin cos ya just end up waitin around for ages while others catch up. but hey, won't that happen anyways...

just my 2c
Old 02-06-04, 17:24   #25
chasers
Player

Car: GZ20 1GGTE Soarer
Send a message via MSN to chasers
RCK = Derelicts
MCK = Derelicts that cant spell Modified

You guys wanna come for a good cruise around adelaide i am part of a club that knows all of the good spost, we dont cruise through the hills we race through the hills, not mature, i know but no one has ever said thay have not had a good time.

If your not up for pushing the limits we have a group that hangs back, consists of our prez who drives an Audi, not really race car.

We dont all have commodores though, come of us do but we tend to have a good mix of Euros, (including a sik worked beemer that will do donuts anywhere) a few commies, some jappers, a few sexy italians and we just set out to have a good time and cause as much havoc on the road as possible.

If you thikn that is not cool and you reckon people like us give car clubs a bad name.

Then.....

Save your **** I dont wanna hear it. Becuase i have probably heard it from someone else already.

Face Facts, adelaide is as boring as watching paint dry so we make our own fun