CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > VL Turbo Discussion
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 13-06-13, 20:30   #876
88wagon
lucky vlct wagon owner

Car: 88 calais turbo wagon, vy ss wagon, vl na calais wagon
Trader Rating: (11)
Send a message via MSN to 88wagon
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/walkl...gon/1021468354
Another one id buy if I had cash and clean up
And its imperial blue
88wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-13, 23:10   #877
A9YOwner
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
G'day VLTWhite1, 88wagon and others. Funny thing, I've owned my A9Y Turbo Wagon (the one for sale in the ad 88wagon posted a link to (#876) above) for almost 12 years and I've never been onto this forum before. I was just passing some time looking up information on A9Y wagons when I came across this forum link and found my own ad posted!

So as I have owned my car for longer than this thread has been going for, I am sure my plate number has never been posted before. So I'll drop in a picture and you can cross another one off of the list.

I haven't read the forum rules in regards to posting ad's but I don't have to because 88Wagon has already done it for me above (thanks mate).

There has been a lot of interest since the ad was posted a few days ago, and a number of people have told me I'm not asking enough for it. Regardless of that, I'm selling it because I need to not because I want to. I have loved driving this car and still do and in selling it I do so with some regret.

See the ad for pictures.

Cheers,
A9YOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-13, 16:29   #878
mIsS VL
Player

Car: VLCTW & VLCW
Trader Rating: (3)
Are our wagons really selling for 20gs these days guys??!
Old 20-06-13, 16:41   #879
VL-Dan
Player

Car: VL Berlina Sedan, VL Berlina Wagon, VL GTS...
Nice Wagon you have for sale there.

I assume you are aware that it was not originally Turbo?
That ID plate state's it's a standard RB30 Non Turbo.
VL-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-13, 17:59   #880
88wagon
lucky vlct wagon owner

No worries
Old 21-06-13, 18:39   #881
A9YOwner
Player

Car:
Hi Dan

Yes, I'm well aware it wasn't a factory turbo A9Y. When I bought it, it had already been fitted with an RB30ET and kitted with the intercooler etc.

I wasn't all that concerned about it not being turbo from the factory, just happy to get my hands on an A9Y wagon in great condition that performs like a rocket!

@ mIsS VL, value apparently is around $20k at least. I've had at least 5 people in the industry, including an auto auctioneer tell me so.
A9YOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-13, 15:08   #882
Turismo
Gold Members

Car: VE Berlina Daily
Trader Rating: (2)
Firstly i just want to say i love vls and have great respect for the one's that deserve it.

It is an nice VL Calais wagon, but come on $20,000 for a bolt on job ???

As they say in the PAWN industry "How did you come up with that number?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mIsS VL View Post
Are our wagons really selling for 20gs these days guys??!
Depends on how gullible the buyer is... considering that you own and love your VL Calais turbo wagon and your asking if their worth that much is; a fare indicator with which to make an accurate assumption.

---------- Post added 22-06-13 at 15:37 ----------

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/belai...ron/1021014038

this is original and rare...
Turismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-13, 19:26   #883
*LOACH*
Player

Car: Berlina Turbo Manual Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo View Post
Firstly i just want to say i love vls and have great respect for the one's that deserve it.

It is an nice VL Calais wagon, but come on $20,000 for a bolt on job ???

As they say in the PAWN industry "How did you come up with that number?"

Depends on how gullible the buyer is... considering that you own and love your VL Calais turbo wagon and your asking if their worth that much is; a fare indicator with which to make an accurate assumption.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/belai...ron/1021014038

this is original and rare...
Absolutely agree. I am in the market for a genuine turbo A9Y but I would only pay 10k for an immaculate one. Maybe I have priced myself out of the market but when you see bargains like that Nitron come up (a genuine HDT car) it puts it into perspective how much car you can get for your money these days. Even more so if you are considering VNs - some of the rare HSV wagons you can pick up for next to nothing are amazing - but I love VLs so I will wait for something else to come up - or just be happy with only one VL which being a genuine turbo, manual Berlina wagon is probably rarer than an A9Y anyway. I love my Berlina
*LOACH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-13, 19:57   #884
BigM22
Booooooooosssssttt!

Car: 87 Exec, BF Falcon (Daily)

[/COLOR]http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/belai...ron/1021014038

this is original and rare...[/QUOTE]

That has got to be one of the best/fairly priced VLs ive seen in a while

Considering its a rare model, but at the least the owner took into account the high kms and the fact its N/A, and didnt just slap a 10-15k price tag because he could
Old 24-06-13, 23:29   #885
VL_JOHN
Player

Car: Maranello Red LW5 MX7 BT1
Send a message via ICQ to VL_JOHN Send a message via MSN to VL_JOHN
Quote:
Originally Posted by A9YOwner View Post
G'day VLTWhite1, 88wagon and others. Funny thing, I've owned my A9Y Turbo Wagon (the one for sale in the ad 88wagon posted a link to (#876) above) for almost 12 years and I've never been onto this forum before. I was just passing some time looking up information on A9Y wagons when I came across this forum link and found my own ad posted!

So as I have owned my car for longer than this thread has been going for, I am sure my plate number has never been posted before. So I'll drop in a picture and you can cross another one off of the list.

I haven't read the forum rules in regards to posting ad's but I don't have to because 88Wagon has already done it for me above (thanks mate).

There has been a lot of interest since the ad was posted a few days ago, and a number of people have told me I'm not asking enough for it. Regardless of that, I'm selling it because I need to not because I want to. I have loved driving this car and still do and in selling it I do so with some regret.

See the ad for pictures.

Cheers,
I've seen your car at least 10 times over the years in the North-eastern suburbs. It has always caught my eye. I last saw it earlier this year on Hampstead Road
VL_JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-13, 14:22   #886
xctmnt8
Player

Car: Starship Voyager
Trader Rating: (3)
I take it this one is one the list...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vl-calais...#ht_216wt_1399
xctmnt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-13, 21:24   #887
satansLBO
G-Cylinder Pty Ltd

Car: 1K001-D Calais Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by *LOACH* View Post
Absolutely agree. I am in the market for a genuine turbo A9Y but I would only pay 10k for an immaculate one. Maybe I have priced myself out of the market but when you see bargains like that Nitron come up (a genuine HDT car) it puts it into perspective how much car you can get for your money these days. Even more so if you are considering VNs - some of the rare HSV wagons you can pick up for next to nothing are amazing - but I love VLs so I will wait for something else to come up - or just be happy with only one VL which being a genuine turbo, manual Berlina wagon is probably rarer than an A9Y anyway. I love my Berlina
OK HOLD ON IM PULLING YOU BOTH UP.....Nitron is not a genuine brock HDT car. It was a Victorian dealers pack special. Not made by HDT, No HDT build plates, mean numbers are unknown..... I don't even know if there is anything to identify that is a Nitron on the build plate?

SO a A9Y Calais Wagon is still considered a rarer and more intersting car with LF1 or LW5 engine.
satansLBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-13, 07:01   #888
*LOACH*
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansLBO View Post
OK HOLD ON IM PULLING YOU BOTH UP.....Nitron is not a genuine brock HDT car. It was a Victorian dealers pack special. Not made by HDT, No HDT build plates, mean numbers are unknown..... I don't even know if there is anything to identify that is a Nitron on the build plate?

SO a A9Y Calais Wagon is still considered a rarer and more intersting car with LF1 or LW5 engine.
I said the Nitron was a genuine HDT car, I didn't say it was a Brock car. Nitron's are listed on the HDT site so I would consider them a HDT car.
http://www.hdt.com.au/view/vl/vl-nitron
Many HDT VLs don't have their numbers known. They are still HDT though. Whether an A9Y is more interesting is subjective.

Last edited by *LOACH*; 19-07-13 at 07:03.
Old 19-07-13, 08:42   #889
satansLBO
G-Cylinder Pty Ltd

Car: 1K001-D Calais Turbo
Quote:
I said the Nitron was a genuine HDT car, I didn't say it was a Brock car. Nitron's are listed on the HDT site so I would consider them a HDT car.
http://www.hdt.com.au/view/vl/vl-nitron
Many HDT VLs don't have their numbers known. They are still HDT though. Whether an A9Y is more interesting is subjective.
debateable, to be accurate its more of a genuine HDT dealer package.
satansLBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-13, 16:09   #890
ss nut
Player

Car: HDT Calais Sport Wagon(V8)1976 Sandman Van(V8)VS Commodore Ute,2000 Astra Sport.
How was the Nitron marketed??Has it become a HDT car becouse people think it is more important that way?(just like calling a VL a series 2)We know that HDT had imput(polarizer)Well that was not really HDT. It came from Brocks cover company(Austec)Has anyone got any media releases of the nitron.

Cheers Marty
Old 19-07-13, 22:40   #891
*LOACH*
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss nut View Post
How was the Nitron marketed??Has it become a HDT car becouse people think it is more important that way?(just like calling a VL a series 2)We know that HDT had imput(polarizer)Well that was not really HDT. It came from Brocks cover company(Austec)Has anyone got any media releases of the nitron.

Cheers Marty
Well to me if HDT says it is a HDT car then it is. They wouldn't want to have non HDT cars labelled as HDT cars as it affects their image.
Old 20-07-13, 17:24   #892
VLTWhite1
Since 1987

Car: A white one, a red one, a maroon one, a gold one & a black one !
Trader Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xctmnt8 View Post
I take it this one is one the list...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vl-calais...#ht_216wt_1399
Yep, that's one of Chloe's old cars. She sold it in January 2011 to someone in Victoria.
Old 21-07-13, 22:51   #893
siksle8
Player

Car:
Just finished reading all 36 pages(sleepy im not a vl fanatic but my bro just mentioned to me about 2 vl wagons he saw when he bort a few old rare holden and chev stuff off a bloke thats closing down his workshop and apparentley he has 2 calais wagons been sitting for like 10 years or so covered in dust one is blue turbo manual wagon has also a spare new from factory in plastic turbo motor and box and the other is a white wagon v8.
Ill be going next week to suss out if they are genuine try get some id photos, maybe even buy, brother said he's asking couple grand for both wagons as needs to be out in 2 weeks.
Thort I'd do a search on here and can't believe what I've just read!
After reading the posts im surprised how rare and how much these wagons are actually worth.
Ill be in touch

Last edited by siksle8; 22-07-13 at 00:40.
siksle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-13, 17:16   #894
88wagon
lucky vlct wagon owner

Be keen to see pics of both siksle8
Old 25-07-13, 20:25   #895
ss nut
Player

Car: HDT Calais Sport Wagon(V8)1976 Sandman Van(V8)VS Commodore Ute,2000 Astra Sport.
Quote:
Well to me if HDT says it is a HDT car then it is. They wouldn't want to have non HDT cars labelled as HDT cars as it affects their image.
HDT supplied parts to Vic dealers,They are not HDT cars, As not built by HDT.Also they do not have an HDT build plate(also no HDT badges)These cars are are unique in there own way and are getting quite rare,But to say they are HDt's.Well that is not quite trueThey just have HDT parts on them.
I know you could try and say that about the designer series but they were built by HDT but also did not build plate.HDT supplied parts for many cars,ie the B&H cars here in NZ(Built in Trenthem)Peter and Phill and HDT had imput but that was all.

Cheers Marty
ps perhaps a mod should move this as this has nothing to do with this register

Last edited by ss nut; 25-07-13 at 20:34.
ss nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-13, 00:37   #896
*LOACH*
Player

Bringing the thread back on track (kind of) do you think that the pre A9Y Calais wagons were HDT (partially assembled by HDT I believe) or Holden (the bulk of them had no HDT build plate).
Old 26-07-13, 11:01   #897
Corsa
Player

Car: GMH/HDT/HSV Turbo's
Send a message via ICQ to Corsa Send a message via MSN to Corsa
HDT did build pre A9Y Calais wagons but over the years a lot of other people have built there own and try to claim that they are HDT built when clearly they are not. HDT would not have built that many due to not that much of a demand for them and not many being aware that they were available. Only a few of the Calais Wagons HDT built had enough mods to them to earn a HDT Build plate.
Corsa
Old 26-07-13, 16:14   #898
ss nut
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsa View Post
HDT did build pre A9Y Calais wagons but over the years a lot of other people have built there own and try to claim that they are HDT built when clearly they are not. HDT would not have built that many due to not that much of a demand for them and not many being aware that they were available. Only a few of the Calais Wagons HDT built had enough mods to them to earn a HDT Build plate.
Corsa
Correct there Corsa,I know of two such Wagons, Ours(Build no 4106)And one other example, which also is a one of a kind Wagon.
But that is a valid point like as I said the Designer series(no build plate)But I do believe they did keep some records of those.

Cheers Marty
Old 27-07-13, 00:39   #899
*LOACH*
Player

Sorry what I meant was that in terms of the Nitron discussion we were previously having. ie some people are saying that they are not HDT cars, how would the pre A9Y Calais wagons be defined - HDT or Holden?
Old 27-07-13, 02:14   #900
MUS
Chunky but funky

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by HDT WEBSITE http://www.hdt.com.au/view/vl/vl-nitron
VL NITRON

The VL Nitron came about due to the request of a group of Victorian dealers. They also wanted a car that they could sell with some of the HDT magic, so HDT supplied various bits for the cars. They were painted in a unique Brigade Red paint job and interestingly enough were all fitted with the Energy Polarizer.

Engine wise they were available with their the naturally aspirated 6 cylinder engine or the more powerful turbo variant, mated with either the manual or automatic transmission, while some of the cars were also fitted with HDT rims also. As the cars were not built by HDT, they were never fitted with a HDT Build Plate
That bottom bit I highligted is what it falls down to I guess, it technically IS NOT a HDT. Although its built with the same parts, it was a dealership thing. I too thought they were HDT's. BUTTTT its not stamped as one.
MUS is offline   Reply With Quote