Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Technical > Suspension, Brakes, Gearboxes, Diffs
G-Cylinder

Old 08-12-13, 10:20   #1
drivnlow
Player

Car: VLCT
Trader Rating: (0)
Vl turbo clutch not disengaging ???

Hey just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my clutch issue??
How the problem occurred: I was trying to do a burnout in second and dumped the clutch. Didn't get it going to well. Put the clutch back in and was then not disengaging properly.
So now it will not go into gear whilst running. The revs do drop a little bit when the clutch in but it's still running forward like its in gear.
So I was thinking maybe the clutch fork was bent or broken but I have gearbox out now and it looks okay to me. What should I be looking for next??
If anyone could help that would be much appreciated.

Cheers
drivnlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 11:21   #2
Ant_man
Player

Car: vl calais turbo , vs senator 215i 6 speed, vz ssz
Seems the box is already out, take the clutch pressure plate off and inspect the friction disc my guess its fried, check the fork pivot ball, free movement of the release bearing carrier etc .
Ant_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-13, 13:32   #3
drivnlow
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_man View Post
Seems the box is already out, take the clutch pressure plate off and inspect the friction disc my guess its fried, check the fork pivot ball, free movement of the release bearing carrier etc .
Thanks man I'll check the friction disc. I've never really seen a gearbox out of a car so I don't really know what to compare it to but the clutch fork seems to move okay. Needs some more grease. The pivot ball looks okay I guess. The spring that holds the fork onto the pivot ball seems a bit flimsy and although it could come out of place. This could be normal. Cheers for help.
Old 09-12-13, 21:48   #4
drivnlow
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant_man View Post
Hey mate you were right. The friction disc is cactus. Had to pry it off the pressure plate and pieces were left stuck to the plate. Cheers for your help.