Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Other Car Discussion
Tyres Now

Old 15-10-09, 21:40   #126
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
how about somebody posting up their 'paperwork' for all to see

so far there's been lots of talk/claims but no legal docs/paperwork has been forthcoming from the legal-whitewall group despite claims it exists

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-09, 23:25   #127
MuFFiN
C.T Residential Baker :)

Car: VP.SS <COP-TZA>
Trader Rating: (0)
Pm him I'm still waiting on my copy but why would he leave a public statment and not back it up I'm sure once he gets it going he would want as many ppl to have it so
MuFFiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-09, 07:22   #128
Walky
Player

Car: Vs S2 Statesman
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to Walky
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEETR
the thing i find the funniest is all you pussies complaining about defects.. when 90% of white walls are done on illegal sized tyres and over sized wheels on the car anyway..

whats it matter if the white walls are illegal when so are the wheels and you gota take them off for a roadie anyway lol
im not so worried about the police in my area im more worried that if my tyre bursts as a result of whitewalls then i wont get them but it seems as long as there no rediculous camber and proper load rating then i would say whitewalls wont cause any dramas
Old 21-10-09, 15:51   #129
CHEETR
BANNED

Car: SMC feature car.VT LS1 6speed on 22z in the build,daily VX berlina LS1 Gas research slapped on 20"sigs
Trader Rating: (6)
ive had white walls on over 10 sets of rims on my cars, not once have i had a problem with the tyres because of them...

its just some stupid thing someone made up cos they have bad camber wear and wana blame someone.

not only that, just over 4 years i've had them now on my cars, still havn't been ****ed by cops for em
CHEETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 01:02   #130
Yeti
UONP - Coming Back!

Car:
Trader Rating: (55)
FYI This was just posted on another forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCTBR View Post
Sorry any whitewall business owners, but after a lot of thought I've decided to post up these photos, I'm pretty lucky I'm not gravely injured considering it happened at 100-110km/h on a highway.

I know it's never happened before, but I highly doubt Potenza RE050A's with full tread blow out along the sidewall in such a conveniently placed location very often either.

I in no way mean to slander these businesses, as the business that applied my whitewalls have provided me with excellent service including offering to replace my tyres, but personally I want to warn against anything that may happen to others in the future.

Once again, this is not an attack, but more of a service announcement.

I can understand any type of frustration on the end of the owners, but I'm actually lucky to still be sitting here from home and not a hospital bed. I'm also very lucky to have a car with virtually no damage (it is yet to be assessed) and not written off, so there is frustration on my side too.

Any more pictures can be taken at request, however the tyre will not leave my possession unless it is being sent to be assessed by a manufacturer or tyre shop, in which case it will be under my name and I will be the sole person to collect it and drop it off.

Be careful guys,
-Rob.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 05:36   #131
Morgz
Morgzano Racing

Car: MRGM62 - LSX Tuner #8
Send a message via MSN to Morgz
thats pretty ****ed.
Old 02-11-09, 06:04   #132
Yeti
UONP - Coming Back!

Car:
Trader Rating: (55)
The white wall company is apparently replacing all 4 tyres for this customer.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 10:26   #133
THC
Player

Car: 04 cv8 monaro 300rwk. Vl calais turbo project. White Vl sl turbo.
Trader Rating: (9)
look at the white wall in the photo (half the white is gone so hes probly hit a gutter to make it blow anyway
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 11:06   #134
SHIZNT
Red Rocket! Go!

Car: MY99 WRX
Trader Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC
look at the white wall in the photo (half the white is gone so hes probly hit a gutter to make it blow anyway
Sorry but are you on crack mate?.. Whitewalls do wear off over time, also if he hit a gutter with such a low profile tyre id expect his rim to have signs or gutter rash...

Ive hit a gutter fairly hard befor and caved in the rim and tyre was fine so i doubt this was the case..
Old 02-11-09, 11:10   #135
VLT_RB30
Player

Car: 96 White VS, 18's, Lowered. 95 Black VS, V6 M90 Supercharger, SS body kit, Statesman Interior, 18's, Custom lowered suspension, Full Alpine stereo.
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via ICQ to VLT_RB30 Send a message via MSN to VLT_RB30
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC

Or the tyre blew while he was driving, the rim then would have been rubbing on the tyre.....

But at the end of the day your removing/shaving rubber from the sidewall of the tyre!?! and some of you think that's fine!?! Here's another great idea for you brainiacs, pull your springs out and heat em up with a oxy and squash em. No honestly, cheap way to lower your car.
Old 02-11-09, 11:20   #136
SHIZNT
Red Rocket! Go!

Car: MY99 WRX
Trader Rating: (8)
Its pretty much plain and simple... Shaving the sidewalls or streching tyres can be dangerous... Not saying its gonna happen to everyone or expect people to stop doing it but its been proven that shaving or strecthing tyres can cause blowouts...
Old 02-11-09, 12:00   #137
wagonPSI
BANNED

Car: Slammed civic on the limter
what a load of **** this thread is.... white walls are not dangerous at all, ive been getting em done on all my tyres since i was 16 and ive neva had a problem, and ive neva actually heard of anyone haveing a blow out on that note.

DOnt listen to the haters keep reppin that **** walls r not dangerous its just another bull**** things cops can use against us...
wagonPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 12:13   #138
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonPSI
what a load of **** this thread is.... white walls are not dangerous at all
Oh, okay - Sorry. WHITEWALLS ARE SAFE NOW!!!

Everyones situation is different. As I said in another forum now, there's enough evidence for people to decide whether they want to run the risk or not. And now with them being illegal - then what more do we need to know?

Illegal and possibly unsafe. Do them if you want.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 12:22   #139
MuFFiN
C.T Residential Baker :)

Car: VP.SS <COP-TZA>
give or take a couple months and all this **** will go away
MuFFiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 14:41   #140
RDCTBR
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT_RB30

Or the tyre blew while he was driving, the rim then would have been rubbing on the tyre.....

But at the end of the day your removing/shaving rubber from the sidewall of the tyre!?! and some of you think that's fine!?! Here's another great idea for you brainiacs, pull your springs out and heat em up with a oxy and squash em. No honestly, cheap way to lower your car.
Correct mate, this is my car that it happened to and the wall was rubbed off when the tyre blew out and was running on the remaining sidewall.

The walls were applied a week prior to the blow out and were brand new, never scuffed, never hit, and the tyres had 9,000km (they were fitted to the car in June!) and were Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's with correct pressure in them.

There was no debris on the road, and no debris in the tyre, the side wall has exploded where the whitewall is, and it happened at 100-110kmh on a highway, I'm very lucky I'm not dead, and not very impressed with what has happened.

Last edited by RDCTBR; 02-11-09 at 14:49.
RDCTBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 14:51   #141
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Duke57TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCTBR
Correct mate, this is my car that it happened to and the wall was rubbed off when the tyre blew out and was running on the remaining sidewall.

The walls were applied a week prior to the blow out and were brand new, never scuffed, never hit, and the tyres had 9,000km (they were fitted to the car in June!) and were Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's with correct pressure in them.

There was no debris on the road, and no debris in the tyre, the side wall has exploded where the whitewall is, and it happened at 100-110kmh on a highway, I'm very lucky I'm not dead, and not very impressed with what has happened.
Did you post it on the LS forums Red?
Duke57TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 14:54   #142
RDCTBR
Player

Also, like I keep clarifying to everyone, this was my FRONT LEFT tyre, not a rear, and not a result of camber or anything else you want to throw around, also it happened on a VE with STANDARD suspension with perfect balance, camber and alignment.

OEM tyres and OEM rims on a car they're made for with OEM suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke57TT
Did you post it on the LS forums Red?
No, I barely post on there anymore and it's not a concern with the older generation who do not apply whitewalls.

Last edited by RDCTBR; 02-11-09 at 14:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-11-09, 15:03   #143
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCTBR
Also, like I keep clarifying to everyone, this was my FRONT LEFT tyre, not a rear, and not a result of camber or anything else you want to throw around, also it happened on a VE with STANDARD suspension with perfect balance, camber and alignment.

OEM tyres and OEM rims on a car they're made for with OEM suspension.

No, I barely post on there anymore and it's not a concern with the older generation who do not apply whitewalls.
I guess it was the DVD fiasco, kinda screwed your pooch didnt it and no one takes you seriously. Plenty of guys have walls over there so maybe a chance to redeem yourself.
Old 02-11-09, 15:06   #144
RDCTBR
Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke57TT
I guess it was the DVD fiasco, kinda screwed your pooch didnt it and no one takes you seriously. Plenty of guys have walls over there so maybe a chance to redeem yourself.
That was a difficult situation, but a long time ago, I don't mind their opinions or thoughts of me since but I know many of them venture outside of the blue screen so they should find it.

I'll post it, however, I just won't be fielding comments or anything over there because I'll assume lots of them will be snide.
Old 02-11-09, 15:08   #145
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Goodluck, not that I have much rep over there but I will post in the thread.
Old 02-11-09, 16:55   #146
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
I'm still waiting for the "legal letter" to be posted by RVNGE8 or anyone else for that matter

lots of claims that it's legal and safe but still zero proof

I spoke to a major tyre and wheel retailer a few days ago and he said illegal/dangerous and it'd void tyre manufacturers warranty

Old 02-11-09, 17:03   #147
VLT_RB30
Player

Car: 96 White VS, 18's, Lowered. 95 Black VS, V6 M90 Supercharger, SS body kit, Statesman Interior, 18's, Custom lowered suspension, Full Alpine stereo.
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via ICQ to VLT_RB30 Send a message via MSN to VLT_RB30
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880
I spoke to a major tyre and wheel retailer a few days ago and he said illegal/dangerous and it'd void tyre manufacturers warranty

And so it should. And no doubt void your insurance....
Old 02-11-09, 17:48   #148
wagonPSI
BANNED

Car: Slammed civic on the limter
You guys wingeing about whitewalls being "dangerous" is what ****s it up for everyone, backing up the pigs is what they want and u guys have a tyre that isnt load rated and it blows out and u think its cos of the walls????
wagonPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-09, 18:02   #149
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
go the conspiracy theory

Old 04-11-09, 15:44   #150
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
May as well try and keep this one on topic hey boys.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote