CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Drag racing/Track racing
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 18-09-09, 14:17   #76
wepnvl
Player
 
wepnvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15-10-06
Location: Melbourne, geelong
Car: a kool 1
Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via MSN to wepnvl
what have ya got to lose?
really it cant hurt if u can organise those things then i dont see why the public "us hoons" wont be heard to sum degree...
but all in all i still say unless big bob pulls his finger out an does sumthing at calder, vic will soon be the new SA....
after all its the police against the car scene an they have more pull with the gov then any of us here an even as a group so ....?
give it a crack an see what arrises from it if ya can make it happen that is.
wepnvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 14:54   #77
ANK
BANNED
 
ANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-05-07
Location: VIC, caulfield
Car: stolen wrx sti
Trader Rating: (7)
the thing is the majority of people who have had there cars impounded are BLAMING this on the fact we have no faciltiy so what im saying is if there is a venu to accomadate "hoons" then there would be no excuse and if peoples cars still got taken they have no one to blame then thats my opinion anyway

as i said 1,300,000 every year minimum going into what ? helping pedofiles with new programs at arrorat prison? its a fking joke
ANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 16:06   #78
PNP
Keep Flapping!
 
PNP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19-10-04
Location: VIC, RAJAB Racing Developments
Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
things are looking promosing. i have been told by many people that if we give them a time and date that they will be there to help push the message.. WE NEED & WANT A RACE TRACK!
__________________
PNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 16:36   #79
SirGeo
Administrator
 
SirGeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-02
Location: Melbourne, S.E.
Car: '67 Camaro in the Build... And still looking for a stock'ish BT1
Trader Rating: (40)
Send a message via ICQ to SirGeo Send a message via MSN to SirGeo
CT and any other sites i'm affiliated with will help promote it..
.
SirGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 18:43   #80
Tuurbo
I Hate You
 
Tuurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-06
Location: Melbourne, western subs
Car: BT1 12.21 181kph
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to Tuurbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880
so very true, plus there's many far more important things to worry about

Yes we have many things to worry about. Like an 83 million YES MILLION dollar upgrade of pakenham race course. A track that see's maybe 10 meetings a year if that.

The government is on a spending spree. A new track WILL create jobs and provide a place to race, get alot of the street races off the street making it safer for the whole community.

If they spent 83 million on a track it would be of world class standards driving tourisim with it. not sayig they need to spend that much but spending money on horse tracks makes you think they may chip some coin in for a track.

Then bob jane can finally get fuct
__________________
www.agf.com.au - 0 to 60 in 10 meters
Tuurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-09, 23:58   #81
robbip
Official Member
 
robbip's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-08-05
Location: Melbourne, Western Suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGeo
CT and any other sites i'm affiliated with will help promote it..
Enough said lets get the ball rolling...
robbip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 08:42   #82
NATH88
HAS A GOLD MEMBER
 
NATH88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-01-09
Location: Melbourne, WESTERN SUBURBS
Car: S2 VL CALAIS
Trader Rating: (3)
show and shine at calder
NATH88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 09:30   #83
INFLYTmelb
Player
 
INFLYTmelb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-12-02
Location: Melbourne, Runway 6, Melbourne Airport
Car: 88 VL BT1 & 94 Hiace
Trader Rating: (5)
hi guys,

if you're all serious about this.....i can get the ball rolling for ya, as i have the appropriate contacts with calder's management, as they're clients of mine, as we've consulted with them for events in the past. i can set up a meeting with a proposal, and outline what we're wanting to do.

let me know.
__________________
http://www.worldadvertising.com.au Complete Signage Specialists - Australia Wide
INFLYTmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 10:24   #84
greenhj
Player
 
Join Date: 17-10-08
Location: Melbourne, cracktown
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
i hate to say it, but youre deluding yourself if you think a bunch of ozone depleting, CO2 creating, elderly terrorising "hoons" are going to get ANY love from the government regarding a new facility.

They still have hoons in sydney, perth, and ipswich so the argument of a track reducing hoonery is clutching at straws at best.

And how many of YOU can HONESTLY say you wont drive fast, smoke the hides etc on the street, BECAUSE the track is open one day a week?

An andra affiliated facility will REDUCE the amount of people able to use the track in victoria simply because ANDRA regs require modifications that a lot of people simply arent willing to undertake.

You will lose more votes than you gain in this strange time of green gods by using public money to cater for an interest group that in all honesty doesnt "enjoy" a high public regard.

Also, i would object to my taxpayers dollars being tipped into an existing facility i dont use, and is owned by a private individual for the sole purpose of making money for himself.

Im not sure how many "facts" are available regarding Calders closure recently, but does anyone honestly think if old Bob could make a dollar of us, he would be happier to keep the place closed.

Everyone jumped up and down when the price went up a few years ago, so who's going to pay for upgrades, costs etc?

Why should the government (and the taxpayer with no interest in cars) wear the costs of running a private business, when the customers dont want to pay the asking price?

If the operator of the motorplex cant get any vic government love with actual figures, and experience in the track game, as well as years of lobbying, what makes anyone think a bunch of "hoons" are going to make a difference?

Im not a destroyer of hope, merely a realist.
__________________
11.32@121mph with 40% leakdown

now being rebuilt with less comp, much less cam, and a turbo...
greenhj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 10:49   #85
NATH88
HAS A GOLD MEMBER
 
NATH88's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-01-09
Location: Melbourne, WESTERN SUBURBS
Car: S2 VL CALAIS
Trader Rating: (3)
dident the government just give bj around 30k for up grades and thats why the track was closed in the first place

and its about showing the public that there are some people out there that have a brain and we ant all hoons with v6 sh!t boxes trying to do skids at ever set of lights.we need to do sumthing i miss going friday nights lol
NATH88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 11:02   #86
ANK
BANNED
 
ANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-05-07
Location: VIC, caulfield
Car: stolen wrx sti
Trader Rating: (7)
litttle more then 30k....
ANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 12:50   #87
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
There's no proof there was any money given and Calder deny it too. If the government had given one cent they would be doing something about their investment thats for sure.
The whole thing is a rumour.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-09, 13:16   #88
aus880
Gold Members
 
Join Date: 19-06-02
Location: International, Worldwide
Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhj
i hate to say it, but youre deluding yourself if you think a bunch of ozone depleting, CO2 creating, elderly terrorising "hoons" are going to get ANY love from the government regarding a new facility.

They still have hoons in sydney, perth, and ipswich so the argument of a track reducing hoonery is clutching at straws at best.

And how many of YOU can HONESTLY say you wont drive fast, smoke the hides etc on the street, BECAUSE the track is open one day a week?

An andra affiliated facility will REDUCE the amount of people able to use the track in victoria simply because ANDRA regs require modifications that a lot of people simply arent willing to undertake.

You will lose more votes than you gain in this strange time of green gods by using public money to cater for an interest group that in all honesty doesnt "enjoy" a high public regard.

Also, i would object to my taxpayers dollars being tipped into an existing facility i dont use, and is owned by a private individual for the sole purpose of making money for himself.

Im not sure how many "facts" are available regarding Calders closure recently, but does anyone honestly think if old Bob could make a dollar of us, he would be happier to keep the place closed.

Everyone jumped up and down when the price went up a few years ago, so who's going to pay for upgrades, costs etc?

Why should the government (and the taxpayer with no interest in cars) wear the costs of running a private business, when the customers dont want to pay the asking price?

If the operator of the motorplex cant get any vic government love with actual figures, and experience in the track game, as well as years of lobbying, what makes anyone think a bunch of "hoons" are going to make a difference?

Im not a destroyer of hope, merely a realist.

well put and 100% correct

don't waste your time guys on what is already clearly a lost cause
__________________
Classic Pursuit Vehicles

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-09, 08:11   #89
PNP
Keep Flapping!
 
PNP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19-10-04
Location: VIC, RAJAB Racing Developments
Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INFLYTmelb
hi guys,

if you're all serious about this.....i can get the ball rolling for ya, as i have the appropriate contacts with calder's management, as they're clients of mine, as we've consulted with them for events in the past. i can set up a meeting with a proposal, and outline what we're wanting to do.

let me know.
im going to start a mini website soon... shoot me a pm with what you have in mind and maybe we can set some dates and time.
__________________
PNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-09, 21:23   #90
PROGMH
Moderator
 
PROGMH's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-10-05
Location: VIC, VIC
Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Feel free to join the facebook group to show your support for a new track...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...3753456&ref=nf
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-09, 15:04   #91
GMHBT1
Player
 
Join Date: 30-10-03
Location: VIC, brunswick
Car: R33 gtst m spec
Trader Rating: (2)
i doubt anything will happen with calder park until all his legal issues are sorted.
GMHBT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-09, 14:05   #92
VLRB20DET
Time for another NISSAN!
 
VLRB20DET's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-07-03
Location: VIC, Warrnambool
Car: 2010 WR450F
Trader Rating: (10)
I think the idea of a rally to get Calder re-opened is a good idea, but in reality it doesn't matter what you try to do to make it publicly aware, he owns the land and he can do whatever he wants with it

Also just a quick plug there is quite a number of 1/8th mile strips around Victoria and one which has been purpose built at Portland that is been built to national standards. and yes they have had cars from Adelaide and Melbourne attend there as well. food for thought if anyone is interested

http://www.southcoastraceway.com/

there is also a calendar of events they are holding etc.
VLRB20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-09, 14:07   #93
AFG-WPN
Armin Van Buuren
 
AFG-WPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-04
Location: VIC, northern
Car: D34DLY R34 356rwkw :) :) :)
Trader Rating: (20)
Send a message via MSN to AFG-WPN
im in for whatever is going to happen, protest, riot, meetings etc. just get something happening guys.

and progmh, good to see you have already started a facebook page.

fatih and Michael, get together and start something big
AFG-WPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-09, 14:25   #94
robbip
Official Member
 
robbip's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-08-05
Location: Melbourne, Western Suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFG-WPN
im in for whatever is going to happen, protest, riot, meetings etc. just get something happening guys.

and progmh, good to see you have already started a facebook page.

fatih and Michael, get together and start something big

Count me in .......................... no riots though thats just asking for trouble smart sensible and of course legal is the key........
robbip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-09, 17:04   #95
AFG-WPN
Armin Van Buuren
 
AFG-WPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-04
Location: VIC, northern
Car: D34DLY R34 356rwkw :) :) :)
Trader Rating: (20)
Send a message via MSN to AFG-WPN
obviously not rioting lol but im just saying we HAVE to do what it takes, no sitting on the sidelines.

at least if we do try something big and it fails, then we know we have made an attempt at getting what we want.

for those that say itll be a waste of time etc. then you can just keep dreaming that one day there will be a race track for all the draggers out there. but please dont try and ruin the spirits of those making an attempt at being heard.

good luck boys, lets go for gold

Baset.
AFG-WPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-09, 17:09   #96
villain
Player
 
villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: 22-04-08
Location: VIC, bendigo
Car: yasister
Trader Rating: (0)
anyone have any useful info on this yet?
villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-09, 17:31   #97
PSI-EFI
Official Member
 
PSI-EFI's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16-01-07
Location: VIC, west
Car: hj coupe 5litre, vp exec 6 (write off), vx s pac
Trader Rating: (0)
its bull****.. i miss the days of calder.. all i looked forward to was the end of the week, friday nights.. but they've just ****ed it.. ontop of it, drag tag closed.. i say everyone chip in and ill build a track in my court
PSI-EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-09, 18:25   #98
Cocopopz
Death is hereditary
 
Cocopopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 15-10-08
Location: Melbourne, Eastern suburbs
Car:
Trader Rating: (6)
Its getting real bad, Vic has no where we can really go anymore. Something needs to be done but we all know that nothing will happen out of it. Melbourne is comming to a end of motoring era unfortunaly
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by genki
TO ME THIS IS THE EQUIV OF SEEING A TIGHT/SKINNY BITCH WITH HUUGE TITS!
Cocopopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-09, 18:33   #99
ANK
BANNED
 
ANK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-05-07
Location: VIC, caulfield
Car: stolen wrx sti
Trader Rating: (7)
calder is opening back up in november for street meets
ANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-09, 18:42   #100
twiinz
Player
 
Join Date: 17-01-07
Location: Melbourne, Northern
Car: GTiR, VZ SS Ute
Trader Rating: (0)
dates are up on calders webpage
twiinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.