User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Drag racing/Track racing
G-Cylinder

Old 11-03-09, 21:37   #76
ANK
BANNED

Car: stolen wrx sti
Trader Rating: (7)
I've seen and been in the car I fact driven it behind the toy car I still don't think it's really gutted yeah no trim or nothing or dash but you could take plenty more out of it
ANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 22:13   #77
vlgod
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [JET A1]
mate for vl god to go 8.1 on that small tyre it is a feather.
hahaha maybe you should worry about your car finishing this year then how much my car weighs but your more than welcome to come down on friday and have a look on the weigh bridge for your self...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostn
maatouks on the dyno again now!!!turn it up...just dont **** my turbo please..it would be funny if he runs a 7..the same turbo doing 7s in differant cars
jimbo your forgetting one thing it was my turbo on your car when it ran 7s you borrowed from me remember...
i still owned it until i seen how much boost it was on and decided you should buy it instead of give it back to me hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpsi
I hear the God is packing 1020rwhp now!!
you should know power means nothing ask the boys at JPC wasnt the tubbed car making 1300hp and ran 8.6 or something will just have to wait and see how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOVNER
speaking of engines kill 351 i heard your going undercover and really have matouks building you a 26 30 twin cam setup with a gt 55 and you have bought a second hand gforce from gas motorsports recently and are not putting r33 setup. time will soon tell it should be good.

also it will be good to see when matouks bring out there new 3 quarter chassis vl there sending to melbourne to be built in april just a question though why are they getting a chassis built in melbourne and not sydney.

johny lang race cars in melbourne ive heard are the nominated chassis builders.
i realy couldnt care as for tubbed car it will be built soon maybe now you will be able to sleep better knowing that were building a tubbed car sweet dreams...

Last edited by vlgod; 11-03-09 at 22:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
vlgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 22:33   #78
HSVQUE
Nothing to Prove

Car: Holdon
Trader Rating: (6)
I think people going on Camera saying there putting a 33 box in is just stupid.. tell the truth or dont bother saying anything..
HSVQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 23:20   #79
tubbed1
9.02 @ 155mph

Car: 650kw vl turbo race car (R.I.P), calais turbo wagon,vl calais s2 sedan
Trader Rating: (8)
i havent heard any rumours bout jules car, but as soon as i heard hes down grading from his previous setup i thought AS IF... u neva go backwards! im guessing his new car wil go 7s as he wanted in the first place...

just my and few of my mates opinion- not fact........... yet
WWW.BIGPSI.COM
tubbed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 23:23   #80
GOVNER
Player

Car: VE GTS 408
Trader Rating: (0)
pics of vlgod on scales will be good to see because i heard the car is between 2000-2400lb with driver and fuel on board and lets all face it you would not even remotely bother fitting light weight brakes with spindle mounts if you were not chasing every single kilogram of weight out of a car.

goodluck to him his the man to catch un tubbed and there is nothing saying weight cannot be takin out of other peoples cars his just using the smarts which is lighter weight less power needed to get there.

bring on friday and 7s.
Old 11-03-09, 23:45   #81
ATMO_BT1
CT Allstar

Car:
Trader Rating: (29)
The car weighs much more than that I'm almost sure of it. I'll take the camera to the scales this time... knew i should have done it last time.

To make a VL weigh 2000lbs it would need fibreglass everything... tube front end, front clip, fully guttered doors etc and even then i doubt you'd get below 2200lbs (1000kg). I remember speaking to that bloke with the mech injected white vl twin turbo that always races at Heathcoate and i swear he said that thing weighed just over 2200lbs and there was very little left of that. 2000lbs would be lighter than many of the ST289 cars i imagine?? That's like 900kg which sounds crazy considering we're talking iron block RB30s here with 9 inch rear ends, 4 doors and full length chassis rails. If VL GOD weighed 900kg still all metal aside from the calais front, boot and bonnet (fibreglass) then the Rajab race car must weigh 750kg max being all tin, tube and glass. Which i highly doubt!

The only time VL GOD has ever been on the scales afaik was at the initial private track day I attended and it weighed 2746lbs then with driver + fuel (1246kgs) but that was a long time ago so perhaps a little weight has been taken out since then? A few have said it apparently weighted 2200lbs at Jamboree although VL GOD didn't even scrutineer at Jamboree so i don't understand why it would be weighed.

Either way if Jim and Anth do a weigh off at WSID on Friday in front of everyone i'll get the photos. They can try all they want to prove that they are the Sydney heavyweights although we all know that KIL351 puts them both to shame, that thing weighed near 3000lbs from memory?
Old 12-03-09, 00:24   #82
6BOOST
Where 4 out thou Maniman?

Car: 9 sec Corolla Panelvan
Trader Rating: (20)
No moly tube chassis VL would get to 2000lb race weight with driver, as light as light gets. And I'd be hard pressed to see a standard shell car lighter than 2400lb with driver.

Woo gives a sh1t how light the car is?? And who gives an even bigger sh1t how much power it makes, I was reading an old article of zoom the other day with a PET VL in it that made 572rwkw and run 136mph....

Dyno's are for tuning, racetracks are for power figures, and as far as the timeboard goes, VLGOD is making good power

6BOOST
Old 12-03-09, 08:00   #83
PNP
Keep Flapping!

Car:
Trader Rating: (2)
lol @ the weight debate.
Old 12-03-09, 09:54   #84
vlgod
Player

Car:
Quote:
pics of vlgod on scales will be good to see because i heard the car is between 2000-2400lb with driver and fuel on board and lets all face it you would not even remotely bother fitting light weight brakes with spindle mounts if you were not chasing every single kilogram of weight out of a car.

goodluck to him his the man to catch un tubbed and there is nothing saying weight cannot be takin out of other peoples cars his just using the smarts which is lighter weight less power needed to get there.

bring on friday and 7s.
the spindles mounts are there 2 make the car look good and 2 be different weight had nothing 2 do with it .....
if the car was 2000-2400lb it would not be running 8.1 thats 4 sure...

but 4 anyone that thinks its as easy as having a light car 2 go fast i say do it and come out and play thats why theres 2 lanes there...

Last edited by vlgod; 12-03-09 at 09:57.
vlgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 10:41   #85
KIL-351
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVQUE
I think people going on Camera saying there putting a 33 box in is just stupid.. tell the truth or dont bother saying anything..

youre a tool, a 33 box is going in it you idiot, get your facts right

Quote:

bring on friday and 7s.

VLGOD weighed 1286kg with driver race ready last time i saw it and that was with everything out of it. i only heard that boostn was 3013lbs which is over 1350kg race ready but i am not sure. Mine was 1442kg exactly but my car never made power anything like what these cars made, mine made 720rwhp with no gas and 865rwhp with the gas but it didnt last long, boostn and vlgod have been backing their cars up a million times over and are the only ones to do it, so i think the weight debate doesnt mean too much, if its heavy then gut it, you dont win prizes for having the heaviest car nor does your time get taken off you if you have the lightest one. i was just too lazy to take weight out of mine and i didnt really want to cut up a show car

Last edited by KIL-351; 12-03-09 at 10:59. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
KIL-351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 11:09   #86
ANK
BANNED

boostn v's the god lets see it simple as that
Old 12-03-09, 11:27   #87
IEVLVX
Player

Car: top secret
whcih is the latest video? with the interview?
IEVLVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 11:28   #88
KIL-351
Player

Car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMo7B-LtLf4

you mean re match!! though i think this time both cars might go a bit quicker!!
Old 12-03-09, 11:33   #89
ANK
BANNED

might wanna give anth a ring jules its game fking on lol
Old 12-03-09, 13:14   #90
PNP
Keep Flapping!

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIL-351
boostn and vlgod have been backing their cars up a million times over and are the only ones to do it
big call - i know of many, many, many, many vl's who back up their times.
Old 12-03-09, 13:16   #91
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
as many times as VLGOD?
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 13:29   #92
PNP
Keep Flapping!

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
as many times as VLGOD?
i wasnt really comparing to vlgod. my point was i know many vl's arent in race form that have went out and backed up "their" own time for ages. Pannic, Vas's old beast, Alans customers/race etc etc. Even KIL-351 did.

anyways im with Jim and VLGOD on this one beleive it or not.. I will be at the track the on Sunday and if the guys run some 7 second passes dont worry ill be there to crack open a beer and celebrate with them. Who really gives a **** how heavy the car or how much power its making. If it leaves the line and brings up 7 at other end - thats a massive effort.

p.s - yes i know you have already done it Jim but **** lets see what she can really run with the mph you have already recorded...

Last edited by PNP; 12-03-09 at 13:32.
PNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 13:33   #93
KIL-351
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNP
i wasnt really comparing to vlgod. my point was i know many vl's arent in race form that have went out and backed up "their" own time for ages. Pannic, Vas's old beast, Alans customers/race etc etc. Even KIL-351 did.

anyways im with Jim and VLGOD on this one beleive it or not.. I will be at the track the on Sunday and if the guys run some 7 second passes dont worry ill be there to crack open a beer and celebrate with them. Who really gives a **** how heavy the car or how much power its making. If it leaves the line and brings up 7 at other end - thats a massive effort.

p.s - yes i know you have already done it Jim but **** lets see what she can really run with the mph you have already recorded...
yea i agree, i didnt really mean it like that as in back up your time once or twice. Im talking 10+ and i only ran 3 x 8 sec passes, i think ive seen the rajab race car go 8.6, 8.4, 8.3 then 8.2 then 8.0 which is pretty good but nothing to the others
Old 12-03-09, 13:42   #94
PNP
Keep Flapping!

Car:
well i dunno about the cars but im pretty sure at one time or another all workshops cars ran 20+ consistant passes.. but anways doesnt matter, its whats happening now and its amazing to watch
Old 12-03-09, 13:48   #95
ANK
BANNED

i wouldnt say pannis backed up anything i think kane is talking more about cars like

jet30r /kd747
vl god
pac vl

there is some of them these are cars that are out week after week backing up times!! and going better!!
Old 12-03-09, 14:02   #96
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

exactly what im talking about anth is out every week, backing it up

PANNIC ran 1 8 second pass how can you say that's been backed up?
Old 12-03-09, 14:05   #97
ATMO_BT1
CT Allstar

Car:
Trader Rating: (29)
Pannic did two 8 second passes... but yeah who's counting
Old 12-03-09, 14:06   #98
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

sorry my bad, that's not backing it up like i was talking about
Old 12-03-09, 14:11   #99
PNP
Keep Flapping!

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKING
i wouldnt say pannis backed up anything i think kane is talking more about cars like

jet30r /kd747
vl god
pac vl

there is some of them these are cars that are out week after week backing up times!! and going better!!
forgot about kd - anyways, you get my drift. I thought the flappers ran heaps of low 9 second passes, i dunno.
Old 12-03-09, 14:11   #100
HSVQUE
Nothing to Prove

Car: Holdon
Trader Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIL-351
youre a tool, a 33 box is going in it you idiot, get your facts right

33 box.. righttt.. LoL no need to get nasty champ!
HSVQUE is offline   Reply With Quote