CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Western Australia
G-Cylinder

Reply

 

Thread Tools
Old 09-08-10, 20:55   #1
DETON8
onthalimitr
 
DETON8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25-07-09
Location: Perth, out and about
Car: vl308t in the build/vltcoming very soon
Trader Rating: (2)
AERO KIT HELP asap

need help fitting aero kit skrts wont line up and door moulds dont realy either the only part i have managed to get fitted is the back bumper

anyy 1 could throw some info over would be great
DETON8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 21:04   #2
87hevn
gate creep
 
87hevn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-03-09
Location: Perth, airborne
Car: dak dak
Trader Rating: (8)
got any pics dude? how are you attaching the kit i.e. are you using clips, bolts, glue etc

how much are you out? (in mm i mean)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIZNT View Post
I received no further reply so I proceeded to send the email address goatse pictures
87hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 21:15   #3
DETON8
onthalimitr
 
DETON8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25-07-09
Location: Perth, out and about
Car: vl308t in the build/vltcoming very soon
Trader Rating: (2)
just using screws on the ends of the skrts and glue under and the door moulds have to be glued on front bar bolt dont line up the are ment to bolt were the moulds clip in but the bolts are 5 to 7 mm out so either need to redrill holes or get some new bolts glassed in
DETON8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 21:48   #4
gold
Player
 
gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-05-10
Location: Perth, WESTSIDE
Car: Black over silver VLCT, gold exec, huffy slider
Trader Rating: (4)
these kits are notorious for being a nightmare to fit is it a genuine or a replica kit?
.
gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 21:54   #5
87hevn
gate creep
 
87hevn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27-03-09
Location: Perth, airborne
Car: dak dak
Trader Rating: (8)
hmmm thats a tuff one... the age of the kit, your car and the warpage (if any) of the kit will all affect it. sometimes a bit of heat can make a difference if youre not out that much, like a hit with the heat gun, or leaving the moulds in the sun for a few hours. my sideskirts lined up perfect but my rear lip (on the suby) wasnt a perfect fit... had to do some bending.

if its so out it wont go in the OG holes, you will have to either drill new holes in the mould, or the car. pick whatever is easiest to hide. also, rubber trim for putting between the mould and the body can be obtained from clark rubber. and use g clamps if you can with some silicon overnight for a flush hold.

smash up pics if you can man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIZNT View Post
I received no further reply so I proceeded to send the email address goatse pictures
87hevn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 22:46   #6
rb25vlt8
Player
 
rb25vlt8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-09
Location: Perth, mandurah
Car: Vlt rb25 ,series 200 vlt ,sexel daily
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to rb25vlt8
Sika flex and g clamps just make sure it's were u want it cuz once it's dry it ant comin off man
rb25vlt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 07:57   #7
Tunzbig
Player
 
Tunzbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-08
Location: WA, Perth.. Cruisin The Streets
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to Tunzbig
^ thats so mandurian :P
__________________
Even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in awhile.
Tunzbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 10:20   #8
rb25vlt8
Player
 
rb25vlt8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-09
Location: Perth, mandurah
Car: Vlt rb25 ,series 200 vlt ,sexel daily
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to rb25vlt8
Lol well that's how we roll down here jack will back me up
rb25vlt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-10, 21:03   #9
DETON8
onthalimitr
 
DETON8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 25-07-09
Location: Perth, out and about
Car: vl308t in the build/vltcoming very soon
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold View Post
these kits are notorious for being a nightmare to fit is it a genuine or a replica kit?
yeah its a rep kit

---------- Post added 10-08-10 at 20:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hevn View Post
hmmm thats a tuff one... the age of the kit, your car and the warpage (if any) of the kit will all affect it. sometimes a bit of heat can make a difference if youre not out that much, like a hit with the heat gun, or leaving the moulds in the sun for a few hours. my sideskirts lined up perfect but my rear lip (on the suby) wasnt a perfect fit... had to do some bending.

if its so out it wont go in the OG holes, you will have to either drill new holes in the mould, or the car. pick whatever is easiest to hide. also, rubber trim for putting between the mould and the body can be obtained from clark rubber. and use g clamps if you can with some silicon overnight for a flush hold.

smash up pics if you can man.
yeah cheers will try get some pics up
DETON8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 03:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger