CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > VL Non-Turbo Discussion
JD CUSTOM

Old 05-04-08, 08:09   #76
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
hey kyle! great to see people still read this, i was begining to wonder! yeah shell servo is a regular for me, im at work saturday 9am so i like to have an early one and stay away from grog and floosies, hence the highway is a good option.

cheers for the feedback, let me know when its all systems go on the vlt and i will come over with a fist full of wet and dry and help rub it down - Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
hey kyle! great to see people still read this, i was begining to wonder! yeah shell servo is a regular for me, im at work saturday 9am so i like to have an early one and stay away from grog and floosies, hence the highway is a good option.

cheers for the feedback, let me know when its all systems go on the vlt and i will come over with a fist full of wet and dry and help rub it down - Mitch
picked up VH SL/E headrests today for the rear seat, $15 each and they are beige so i have a dodgy attempt at s2 headests for the moment. they will go in with my front seats or some retrimming by steve at pro stich when i get around to doing the interior

Last edited by SIroller; 05-04-08 at 15:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
SIroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-08, 17:05   #77
Raptor
Anjunabeats!

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Man take it back to stock spec no more crackhead instalations with vk/vb/whatever parts. KEEP IT SIMPLE.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-08, 21:39   #78
SIroller
CAL.415

just bought a wreck guys!

hey guys i just bought myself a wreck, check it! -

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=134513

(note link is to the members area, only members will be able to access it)

raptor - yeah mate im thinking i'll drop the vkc rear end i'll wait til its painted then consider it.
also i'd love to change the front seats back to standard but i'v been minored twice for them, so hopefully in time i will find an answer to that, the best choice would be walky or scheel seats retrimmed by steve. also i just bought vhsle rear headrests that means they are solid! i will also be looking at getting these trimmed by steve but have to pay for my wreck first.

so atm its just the vn seats and the vs doorpods, and the pods are there to stay! need to carpet them though

Last edited by SIroller; 09-04-08 at 21:46. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-04-08, 09:30   #79
SIroller
CAL.415

paid in full for my wreck last night, fuel tank and some other bits are already out
Old 18-04-08, 18:56   #80
SIroller
CAL.415

went to the wreckers again today,

got a set of extractors
also a bracket for a 8/vlt booster, (i didn't get one when i bought the booster and master cylinder. also grabbed a few bits and pieces to sell.
Old 23-04-08, 12:40   #81
SIroller
CAL.415

hey guys my wreck is now sitting at my uncles place in carrum and has been since sunday arvo, lots of parts sitting inm my shed just need to get the engine and box out hopefully that will be done on sunday.
Old 28-04-08, 22:53   #82
SIroller
CAL.415

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
hey guys my wreck is now sitting at my uncles place in carrum and has been since sunday arvo, lots of parts sitting inm my shed just need to get the engine and box out hopefully that will be done on sunday.
engine and box out as planned on sunday. cheers for the help tim and chris!
just one issue 1 gearbox bolt has been rounded and i wasn't able to therefore seperate the box and engine. heaps of parts are up f.s. and i also removed the power steering rack. um... thats about it for the moment. essentially lots of parts and no changes to the car itself.

oh and getting the car is a story in itself, i bought the wreck from da reeper and planned to have it gutted in a few days work with all my mates and a bunch of tools, (because i live next to my landlord and the lease says no cars are to be worked on on the property what a joke) so anyway i payed a deposit and made an agreement that i will be able to strip the car on his fathers property sunday in two weeks (due to uni and work comitments i had no time until then) so the story goes that later that week he (da reeper) asked when he could expecty the rest of the dosh as he needed to pay his reo the next day, fair enough i thought i put him out by making him wait 2 weeks so i paid the rest of the monies owed.

thats when my problems started we agreed that i would come down to his father's place and start taking some small stuff that wednesday come wednesday morning i woke up early loaded the car up with tools axle stands everything to strip a car and when i rang to confirm i was on the way, he said "something came up, my dad and i are really busy, we will just have to do it sunday as planned"

i was pretty cut i couldn't come play with my car (fuly paid it was mine) but as coming wednesday wasn't part of the original deal i let it go.

come saturday night and my dad and uncle are i shepparto working their guts off to get the taillight wiring on our trailer fixed while yet again i pull out my rear seat and load th car up with tools, also i ring 3 mates and they are in for stripping the car. 8.30 i get a phone call and its da reeper, i cant come until later in the afternoon because somethings come up. wtf i think? i have paid for the car, i have come through with my end of the deal everything is go money has changed hands, the car is ready to be stripped and i had even organised the shell to be picked up a few days afterwards by a scrap metaller.

anyway we went back and forth and eventually by the end of the night we were hanging out waiting for a call tommorow to see if i could still come. he rings me at 8am ish and tells me i can come later that afternoon, great i reply, i will aim for 1 as originally agreed as my old man and uncle and mates will be at mine at 12 to start heading down. when he found out i planned to remove the engine that day the **** hit the fan, the message was (and i quote straight from my mobile inbox)

"LOOK MAN ME AND MY OLD MAN ARE TO BUSY TODAY. AND AS I WASNT INFORMD THAT U WNTD THE MOTOR OUT TODAY I CNT CHANGE MY DAY AT THE LAST MIN."

pretty pi$$ed i replied "look 'man', i have paid the cash and organised pickup, also i have all my mates coming to help me as planned. it is you who ae changing at the last minute and you who are breaking the original deal is the car accesable or the doors locked? i will be there with a car trailer at 2 and take the car and i will be expecting any removed parts within the next week - Mitch"

so anyway i ended up with the car but only after much stress and BS. once the cash was paid da reeper forgot any duty to fulfill the contract he had made with me, $hitty experience and i won't be dealing with him again unless it is a straight swap of cash for parts. he doesn't have any understanding of other peoples lives and that once he makes a deal he must fulfil it otherwise he hasn't earned his money. absolute pain in the A.

[/ end rant]

Last edited by SIroller; 28-04-08 at 23:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-05-08, 14:33   #83
SIroller
CAL.415

fitted in new front seats (vs ss) and some new floor mats on sunday. also the engine and box have arrived at my old man's shed in shepparton so over the holidays i will have something to play with.

did a couple of little things, tidied up the engine bay, polished the lip on my walky rims, fitted my drivers side doorpod (and in doing so managed to drill half of my finger off) and retuned the doof. all looking pretty nice and clean.
Old 30-05-08, 00:26   #84
Off Tap
Player

Car: Silver S1 VL Calais
Trader Rating: (3)
Good to see you f@#cked off that homo "VL Car Club" sticker..... it was kinda gay :P

Woot first post for me in your thread.... will write one up for mine soon.... when it grows a snail.
Off Tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 23:13   #85
SIroller
CAL.415

well guys lots of news at my place this week.

i traded a spare starter motor for beige air vent surrounds (series 2 calais) and also installed them

i dynamatted the bootlid, garnish support things.... and the number plate. i now need to stop my bumper bar wobbling, it squeaks like a mouse.

apart from that i have a panhard rod sitting in my shed.

also got a few things in the traps including rear seat cover and headrests (series 1 red calais) also a stage 1 cam (might go get it this week we will see) and a complete s1 red interior i have my eye on.

apart from that a problem has emerged which is either starter motor or crank angle sensor the car wont start when hot, quite often needs 10 minutes to cool down.

cheers for reading guys!
Old 03-06-08, 00:34   #86
SIroller
CAL.415

ok so i was at hungry jacks tonight and my car wouldn't start. seems that the wiring for my CAS is rooted it will be taking a trip to the auto elec tommorow.

thank god for RACV
Old 05-06-08, 18:12   #87
SIroller
CAL.415

thought i'd make a list of things i own but still have to fit, for me as much as for everyone else.

to fit -
1" master cylinder
mf5 manual conversion
no - name extractors
boot garnish and taillamp surrounds
centre garnish + stickers.
change 1 x injector

to fit to new engine -
vlt inlet mani
vlt cam

fair bit of work no?

btw fixed the CAS plug all done for $50 just got it back a few hours ago, done in one day

Last edited by SIroller; 05-06-08 at 18:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-06-08, 17:22   #88
SIroller
CAL.415

heaps of new pictures!!!!!!!

- vs ss seats (thanks to hyphsv)

- in car

- recent pics of the car

- tucked into the corner of my shed....

- s2 calais air vents much?

- new engine

- wreck

the fella above is my dad

Last edited by SIroller; 07-06-08 at 17:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-06-08, 19:33   #89
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
I've seen that man before...

It'll be great when all your colours/parts start to match Mitch.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-08, 20:04   #90
SIroller
CAL.415

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdvl
I've seen that man before...

It'll be great when all your colours/parts start to match Mitch.
lol yeah. its easy to buy parts but a bit more expensive to get stuff retrimmed / matched.
Old 13-06-08, 00:24   #91
SIroller
CAL.415

woo new pictures -

well with that covered....

here is the latest part to join my collection. now have a vlt cam / exhaust mani / inlet mani / exhaust mani heatshield

Last edited by SIroller; 13-06-08 at 01:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-06-08, 16:28   #92
SIroller
CAL.415

got 5x vyss rims last night. 6 tyres all crap except for one and 1 wheel is rooted. the other 4 are OK but need some attention talked him down a bit but probably still payed a little to much.
Old 17-06-08, 19:55   #93
SIroller
CAL.415

also worth noting (Bogsy) i found 2 front doorcards for a s1 beige calais today at the wreckers to add to my parts pile (for one day when i want to restore this thing)

$28 what a bargain

Last edited by SIroller; 17-06-08 at 19:58. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-06-08, 20:55   #94
SIroller
CAL.415

sweeet

so heres the go with my s2 engine - (parts to be fitted and cost)

engine and mf5 conversion - $600 (made 200 back on selling parts)
vlt exhaust cat back - $150
stage 1 AVO cam - $100
vlt inlet manifold t/b runners and fuel rail - $150
vlt exhaust mani and exhaist mani heatshield - $50
t03
wastegate
actuator
dump pipe
fuse rail heatshield
oil and water lines
banjo bolts
gaskets
airbox - turbo pipes - $400

so thats $1250 so far and now i need to get the head and block acid dipped internals given a bit of attention and then some paint a cooler kit and all dropped in.
Old 02-07-08, 23:25   #95
SIroller
CAL.415

so heres an update over the last week the car has had a service consisting of -

oil and filter (engine)
sparks
leads
rocker cover gasket

also recieved -
extractors inc. new cat and exhaust manifold gaskets.

vl walky wheels are removed in favour of vlc wheels and will be sold to fund tyres for the 18" yvy ss's

also on the new s2 engine -
removed a heap of bits and pieces and started stripping the head down.
head has been recoed at some stage and the engine looks to have been in and out of the bay before (had scratches on the hoist mounts). oil was black and there was way too muh of it but otherwise the engine looks to be pretty good.
Old 03-07-08, 10:17   #96
KALAY
Fear is exciting for me

Car: VL Calais
Trader Rating: (6)
looking good
KALAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 00:18   #97
SIroller
CAL.415

cheers mad wog! good to see people are still reading this. oh and the extractors are great if i hold it at 3 grand and then back off i get this awesome crackle it reminds me of paddock bashers i had which ran no exhausts, just pipes!
Old 04-07-08, 00:39   #98
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
Hey Mitch, I know where you can get 18" tyres - Beaurepaires!

Nah, looking good mate. Chris and I will help you drop/bolt all that crap in.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-08, 16:42   #99
SIroller
CAL.415

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdvl
Hey Mitch, I know where you can get 18" tyres - Beaurepaires!

Nah, looking good mate. Chris and I will help you drop/bolt all that crap in.
im going to need that help tim cos i only learned all about the insides of a head when i started pulling mine apart (well, i didn't know nothing but certainly next to nothing...)
Old 27-07-08, 18:59   #100
SIroller
CAL.415

so whats been happening? nm. sweet F all. i fitted a set of vs calais front doorpods (beige in colour so they match the colour of the car more.) and apart from that just heaps of km's.

also bought a set of vp calais rims as rear runers for the vy ss's (new skid rims)