CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Readers Rides > VL Turbos
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 27-02-05, 18:45   #1
GTS-t VL
Player

Car: Series II VL Calais (RB25det)
Trader Rating: (0)
RB25DET S2 Calais

[B]I bought this car as a stocker back in 03 since I have fitted a set of 18" venoms, and the RB25 which I sourced From A 96 Skyline half cut. Im just running standard turbo and manifolds at the moment but have plans for a Garret GT30, or a HKS 2835 bolted to a high mount stainless manifold with a 45mm TS gate.

Mods I have done are all the polishing and electroplating, Painted and colour coded engine the bay, I TIG welded and fitted all my own custom intercooler plumbing, fitted a 600X300x72 Front mount, boost gauge & controller, AEM wolf 3D computer (in glove box), 500Hp Bosch HP pump, Pierburg LP and a stainless external Swirl Pot, Modified the fuel rail for my new dual diafram malpassi rising rate pressure reg.

The Only work not performed by myself was the 3" mandrell bent exhaust with high flow muf. and cat. other usual mods to the car are the stereo, Cross Drilled Rotors, suspension and steering wheel.
The Engine drives a slightly worked brand new jatco 4 spd. (good for spooling up boost and 1/4 mile runs but I would like a manual just for the fun factor.) It has a 4 pinion LSD in the rear. I have recently just got my hands on a complete model 86 4 pinion Air lock diff from a 2003 Falcon RTV (Same centre as in new GT-P XR8 and Turbo falcons) and am in the process of converting it to suit the calais. I also have the front 4-Pot Nissan calipers from the half cut to fit aswell (these projects are always far from ever being finished).

Having done all the mechanical and electrical work my self I would be more than happy to help those of you out there who would like to or who are curently in the process of this conversion.
GTS-t VL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 21:02   #2
Psi_Wagon
Wagon > Sedan

Trader Rating: (39)
holy crap that is a clean engine bay!!!!!

good job!
Psi_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-05, 21:07   #3
spanners
married with kids

Car: gassed vn ss with baby seat
Trader Rating: (1)
that bay looks horn
spanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 07:29   #4
DEVL25
o )( o

Car: RB25DET VL Calais
Trader Rating: (3)
mate that looks f**king fantastic, excellent work.
good to see some more RB25s kicking around, top stuff!
DEVL25 is offline   Reply With Quote