User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > calaisturbo.com.au > Drag racing/Track racing
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 03-08-10, 10:51   #76
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Duke57TT
Can you compare the Ripz rail and VL God? An extra second is a lot of time to pickup good 60ft or not.
Old 03-08-10, 12:54   #77
GMHBT1
Player

Car: R33 gtst m spec
Trader Rating: (2)
well other than a vl shell skin on vl god there pretty much just purpose built racecar chassis.

we werent talking of whats what we were talking about fastest rb in the world.

for matouk to become fastest in the world it looks as though he would have to be 7.18 at 193.46 mph.

i think he has the right equipment just give him some time and who knows might eventually beat that time.
GMHBT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 13:15   #78
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMHBT1 View Post
well other than a vl shell skin on vl god there pretty much just purpose built racecar chassis.

we werent talking of whats what we were talking about fastest rb in the world.

for matouk to become fastest in the world it looks as though he would have to be 7.18 at 193.46 mph.

i think he has the right equipment just give him some time and who knows might eventually beat that time.
picking up 20mph at those speeds its pretty nuts, would be awesome but yeh big ask
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 13:25   #79
Duke57TT
Missile Performance

Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Duke57TT
Yeah all for him being the fastest but its not like an extra 200hp at those speeds picks up 20mph. The only one who knows what its got left in it HP wise is Matouks so just wait and see what it runs first clean pass with all the berries in it.
Old 03-08-10, 13:39   #80
VKiller
TO00NZ

Car: '96 Skyline GTST
Trader Rating: (16)
Let's just keep in mind this car still hasn't been tuned properly...I'm sure it has Plenty more power to go into it...it's running around 30 pounds at the moment...let's see what it makes when it's got 50+ in it.
Old 03-08-10, 18:14   #81
PSIWPN NZ
Player

Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke57TT View Post
Can you compare the Ripz rail and VL God? An extra second is a lot of time to pickup good 60ft or not.
i think it will only be a matter of time before rips runs a 6 second pass , last i heard they were running it well down on power
PSIWPN NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 20:09   #82
6BOOST
Where 4 out thou Maniman?

Car: 9 sec Corolla Panelvan
Trader Rating: (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKiller View Post
Let's just keep in mind this car still hasn't been tuned properly...I'm sure it has Plenty more power to go into it...it's running around 30 pounds at the moment...let's see what it makes when it's got 50+ in it.
Haha, 50? I thought you said 70

The original question was what is the fastest RB in the world, I had completely forgotten about HKS, tho I'm skeptical of the numbers just like the gtr which never came close to its best here, but lets not turn this thread into a comparison of Maatouk vs's the world, as I'm sure they have built the car to tackle their own goals and don't car much about being the fastest RB in the world for now, I'm sure they are more than happy with being the worlds fastest VL on its second pass

6BOOST
Old 03-08-10, 20:39   #83
pigsy
THE PIG

Car: tube chassis here we come
Trader Rating: (49)
Send a message via MSN to pigsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BOOST View Post

The original question was what is the fastest RB in the world, I had completely forgotten about HKS, tho I'm skeptical of the numbers just like the gtr which never came close to its best here, but lets not turn this thread into a comparison of Maatouk vs's the world, as I'm sure they have built the car to tackle their own goals and don't car much about being the fastest RB in the world for now, I'm sure they are more than happy with being the worlds fastest VL on its second pass

6BOOST
well said
Old 03-08-10, 21:30   #84
EBT747
Player

Car: 1991 EB
Best VL Ever!! IMO. Congrats to the guys for the new fastest time aswell!!
EBT747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 21:52   #85
VKiller
TO00NZ

Car: '96 Skyline GTST
Trader Rating: (16)
Quote:

6BOOST
Not my car, I'm just guessing
Old 03-08-10, 23:27   #86
6BOOST

Haha, its not mine either, but after reading the rolling commentary on CT ages ago when Anth was using Jim's turbo and the 70+psi pulls, I'd say that when they get this bitch sorted, that boost will be limited by where it stops makin power Sheeze I can't wait to put my motor together and try it lol.
Old 04-08-10, 00:54   #87
Morgz
Morgzano Racing

Car: VS exec forged LS3 + S482
Trader Rating: (27)
Send a message via MSN to Morgz
Yeah Kyle is right - plus is is just shaping up to be awesome competition for the RB series from an engineering standpoint.

Sorry if its already been mentioned, does this run meth or c16?
Old 04-08-10, 05:53   #88
grunter01
YEEHAA

Car: 26/30 vl calais
Trader Rating: (12)
im pretty sure its meth
Old 04-08-10, 08:00   #89
2rismo
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Definitely Methanol. Fruity-smelling Methanol.
2rismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 12:10   #90
vlgod
Player

Car:
Quote:
Haha, its not mine either, but after reading the rolling commentary on CT ages ago when Anth was using Jim's turbo and the 70+psi pulls, I'd say that when they get this bitch sorted, that boost will be limited by where it stops makin power Sheeze I can't wait to put my motor together and try it lol.
thanks for the positive feed back

im stoked with what the car has already achieved on just its second full pass in mentioning the car has a lot more to come.

...And kyle as for me using jims turbo it never happened, youve got mixed up, jim used MY turbo, not that it matters because your right on one thing on how much boost its going to run because 70+psi sounds about right
vlgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 12:35   #91
bigpsi
$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Car: BIGPSI-1 vlct 9.81 @ 142mph BIGPSI-2 in the garage ;)
Trader Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlgod View Post

im stoked with what the car has already achieved on just its second full pass in mentioning the car has a lot more to come.

...And kyle as for me using jims turbo it never happened, youve got mixed up, jim used MY turbo, not that it matters because your right on one thing on how much boost its going to run because 70+psi sounds about right
Pretty disappointed you haven't stuck with the single cam, was interested to see how far it could go ......

Tuff car though
Old 04-08-10, 13:24   #92
Woggster
Player

Car: The BAT MOBILE
Send a message via MSN to Woggster
Anyone confirm if VL GOD will be at WSID tonight?
Old 04-08-10, 14:11   #93
cesmar
Player

Car: VLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpsi View Post
Pretty disappointed you haven't stuck with the single cam, was interested to see how far it could go ......

Tuff car though
Well Anth already had the quickest VL with a single overhead cam! Instead of pushing high 7's with a single cam, why not invest the time and money into shocking the whole vl scene with a low 7 sec pass which this car will do!!! its just a matter of time...

I'd love to see BOOSTN even try to keep up with VLGOD now! Quickest and best looking VL race car ever built IMO. Keep up the great work!!!
cesmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 15:37   #94
AVL012345
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpsi View Post

Tuff car though
Not to worry, if the rumours are true then his brothers full tube race car is staying single cam and we will have both single and twin cam race cars tearing up the track recording numbers never thought possible.

Can't wait to see them both tearing up the race track!

On another note, can't believe how this thing sounds! Just saw one of the videos and it is the most insane sounding RB i have ever heard. Also what surprises me is how easily and quickly they got the car running and on only its second pass ever it managed to claim the record with such ease and reliability.

Last edited by AVL012345; 04-08-10 at 15:40. Reason: Typo
AVL012345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-10, 16:25   #95
Woggster
Player

sorry to be spamming this thread... but is VL GOD gonna be at WSID tonight?? sorry im a little on edge
Old 04-08-10, 18:08   #96
calais to4 me
Player

Car: VL
Send a message via MSN to calais to4 me
It amazes me how a small amount of people are bagging BOOSTN.
He doesnt own a workshop to build his car nor have ample budget.
When he ran the 1 st 7 the knockers where riding his nuts saying how sick it was.Now they saying **** like he will never catch VLGOD.
He was the first 7 sec pass.
Congrats to VLGOD and the owner as now being the quickest and possibly best presented drag car out there.
Im sure there will be some knobs knocking my comments but **** me a 7 sec pass is no mean feat
Old 04-08-10, 18:50   #97
Woggster
Player

Yeah i agree with Calais to4 me. A 7 second pass takes alot of time, money and hard work setting up the car just right to crack that time. What BOOSTN did was amazing & everyone was freaking out!
But it's great to see another incredibly well built, highly detailed VL running in the 7s, atleast it'll hopefully stire up the VLT drag scene and get the top guys competing even harder for bragging rights & the top time.

Hopefully we'll see more BOOSTNs and VL GODs come out of the wood work soon
Old 04-08-10, 19:12   #98
6BOOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlgod View Post

Sorry mate, didn't in any way mean to post misinformation, hopefully my posts reflect my sentiment on how insane the car is and I look forward to saying hello and havin a look at Jambo in person. All the best with the testing and prep in the meantime.

As far as all down talk of other cars achievements go, it happens every time any cult car runs a number, be it falcon, VL, GTR, everyone has an excuse or something to say about the car they beat. We all forget that its never the owners of the cars posting these comments, they do this for themselves, not the internet commentary who find it reason to bitch. I wouldnt get too stressed about it, they didn't get to running 7's worrying about everything posted on the internet

6BOOST
Old 04-08-10, 19:31   #99
PSIHVN
Bresciani Racing

Car: PSIHVN
Trader Rating: (7)
Such a car!!!
Old 04-08-10, 20:56   #100
Player

Car:
for those of us who have spent a fair bit of time in this sport, we understand there is a massive difference between jims car BOOSTN and anythonys car VLGOD. ones full tube chassis and light the other is a back half car thats a fair bit heavier. its not an apples and apples comparison, its an apple and a watermelon comparison.

both anthony and jim are nice guys with their own goals to meet. both have great acheivements on the board and im a big fan of what anthonys been doing for the last 2 or 3 years and what jim has been doing for 8 years or more. both have achieved big things for the RB world and the Vl world and both understand the financial commitment it takes to run these numbers which most of the members of this forum wouldnt understand the money it takes up and the time away from your family it takes.

big george haramis is a dark horse for a 7 sec pass too, lets not forget that.

best of luck to both anthony and jim

Shane

PB 8.40 et
PB 166 MPH stock IRS and 28x9's
747 is offline   Reply With Quote