Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Western Australia
Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 07-08-11, 23:55   #1
brenno
Player

Car: poc triton, 86 ls powered skid car coming soon
Trader Rating: (2)
serious advice needed

Hey guys for a start i am not looking for handouts just simple advice and if any one knows of anyone that can help out or have mates that can help me out it would be much appreciated i am willing to pay

lets start from the start about 4 to 5 months ago my ute got stolen it got recovered by the police with my help as the guy stole my phone as well and i have tracking software installed so it led them directly to the guy who stole it

i lodged an insurance claim as the car was stuffed and the whole driveline was rooted as well as the paint and tyres and brakes all the speakers were blown in side and the seats have been severly stained etc the insurance company had my car for 8 weeks and when i got it back it is driving worse than when it went in

i called my insurance company to ask about how this can happen and they said not our problem and that all the things that they had deemed to be damaged from the theft were repaired i then called consumer affairs and asked what could be done about it the said that this particular insurance company has locktight contracts and nothing can be done so i have to deal with it and the remainder has to come out of my pocket

i am looking to sell the car as i dont really feel comfortable driving it any more and my pride and joy has been tainted i am asking if people can recommend awesome mechanics and panel and paint ppl that offer reasonable prices so i can return it to its former glory before i sell it so i can at least get a decent return on it

it is a 04 vz ss ute that has done 106000 kms

thank you for reading this and any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated as i am stuck and really dont know what to do

cheers Brenno
brenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 23:58   #2
VLWAGONIT
Gold Members

Car: Vlc wagon, 08 Husqvarna TE510, 89 GSXR 1100
Trader Rating: (20)
Send a message via MSN to VLWAGONIT
how bad is the pannel damage? you might be better off just selling it cheap than spending heaps of money fixing it
VLWAGONIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 00:02   #3
brenno
Player

the panel damage has been repaired just has a **** paint job as in i can wipe the clear coat off with my finger and all scratches have reappeared it may be better to sell it now but i believe in its current state that what i would get for it will not cover what i owe on it so if i can repair it reasonably cheap and good then i can cut my losses and walk away
Old 08-08-11, 00:26   #4
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

Car: 10.8 @ 121 mph
Trader Rating: (62)
Send a message via MSN to leb vlt
if its just a respray ur after, hit up wa panel n paint, they do dr shut jobs for around the 1700 mark depending on body condition, u say the car is running worse then b4? wat exactly does it do?

HEKTIK FENCING, hit us up for a free quote 0403307549
leb vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 00:27   #5
ink
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
You could get a respray done from 2nd or 3rd year spray paint apprentices at TAFE, it would be considerably cheaper, some of the apprentices are rad painters!
ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 07:21   #6
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
you've still got the driving badly issue to deal with or not, whatever that problem is

i'd cut my loses and sell it as is or you'll be pouring more money in that you likely won't get back

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 08:53   #7
caibs
Player

Car: pretty mint pushy.
Send a message via AIM to caibs Send a message via MSN to caibs
flat out, sell it a few g's less than market value
what insurance company is this? sounds suss as?
Old 08-08-11, 09:20   #8
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
I'd keep pursuing the insurance company and insurance ombudsman etc. Lock tight contracts on what? Not repairing the car 100% ??
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 09:26   #9
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Keep taking it back. A mate of mine did 20k damage to a VY SS ute and he took it back about 10 times for little bits and pieces. The repairer kept cracking it at him saying they wouldnt fix it but then the insurance company would come down and tell them to make it happen, if its not repaired then keep pursuing it until it is done properly.
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-11, 13:24   #10
dceptv
(. Y .)

Car: 2011 MN Triton GLXR T/D, 2010 Swift & 09 YZ250F
Trader Rating: (16)
Send a message via MSN to dceptv
If it helps dude.

I sell brand new brakes (rotors and pads) VT- VZ (Non hsv setups) for $149 on the front. Rears about same price.

Let me know if that helps.
Like The Shop On Facebook :D
dceptv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 13:20   #11
kalais6
Official Member

Car: VL Calais Turbo (KALAIS6)
"the panel damage has been repaired just has a **** paint job as in i can wipe the clear coat off with my finger and all scratches have reappeared"

That comment alone is grounds to take the car back to the shop and have the work completed properly. Thats got nothing to do with having a "lock tight contract" rather getting work done which you have paid for through your insurance company. I'd take photos and get onto your insurer and lodge a complaint about the poor level of workmanship.
kalais6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 06:20   #12
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
old news, he's already been to consumer affairs etc about the repair as he stated initially

plus he may not even know which shop repaired the car as the insurance co arranged it all

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-11, 04:55   #13
brenno
Player

cheers guys for all your responses much appreciated sorry for the late response i have been flat out at work am not naming names but insurance company start with R and ends in C as for taking the car back to the repairers it was at i want this done properly and not having to go back to the shop 10 times to get it done properly and plus i really dont want them touching my car again incase they break something else insurance does not care and im over it i am willing to pay to get it fixed
thanks again for the info much appreciated
cheers brenno