http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=XPPzJZaCX_E
shrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-12, 22:07   #2
leb vlt
Roll Cage Territory

Car: 10.8 @ 121 mph
Trader Rating: (62)
Send a message via MSN to leb vlt
Haha, if a rent a guard touched let alone kicked my car that crack head wouldn't be walkin out of the nats!
leb vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 05:09   #3
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
bogans becoming 'hero' bogans amongst their peers

it's like the Cronulla riots but with cars, drop a bomb on the whole event please

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 06:25   #4
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880 View Post

it's like the Cronulla riots but with cars, drop a bomb on the whole event please
Chaching hit the nail on the head.thats one reason i dont go i could not relax around those dero's

what do you have?
NASTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 06:58   #5
Woggster
Player

Car: The BAT MOBILE
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to Woggster
I think they shouldve just let him do his burnout (but not make it could towards the finals) it wouldve taken 2 minutes and then he wouldve pissed off and that would be the end of it.
Situation wasnt really handled well by everyone, they couldve avoided alot of trouble.
Old 11-01-12, 10:02   #6
gold-vlt
Player

Car: fg xr6t daily, 88 vl series 200, 86 vl executive wagon, e46 barra powered
Trader Rating: (7)
That security guard really needs a good kicking.. love the part where he kicks it sideways and sprays rubber and smoke all over them haha. much truth in the above comments though.
gold-vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 13:37   #7
Andy-30L
Official Member

Trader Rating: (9)
i reckon wat they need is like a spare burnout area that isnt judged or anything an they advertise it as a place where u can 'just do burnouts'. So many people go there just to lay a set, but arnt always good enough to compete competitively, and there is really no 'event' as such for it.

Like one at a time an people could watch it an once your done its next persons go. If they lowered all the rules on a certain place like that the guys could have a place to destroy their cars an get their frustration out and their wouldnt be so much hassle for the other areas i reckon. An even if they hired like a 4wd or something to tow their cars off when they blow up if it came to that

I realise people are going to drop a skid anywhere they can but i reckon something like this would realise the pressure of the rules and regs from the events they have going through the weekends.

Last edited by Andy-30L; 11-01-12 at 13:42.
Andy-30L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 14:21   #8
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
Lol see the security gaurd who kicked the car and then grabbed the guy soon backed off when the owner of the gemini arced up.what a poor pathetic excuse for security

what do you have?
Old 11-01-12, 15:26   #9
NLC071
Gold Members

Car: LC Torana
Summernats released a statement today,they have reviewed it and decided to only ban him from entering summernats 26 as a competitor.Tried to link the page but couldnt do it haha .The official statement is on the summernats website
NLC071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 15:40   #10
88 Chaser
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (20)
Quote:

Russ do you even remember what it was like to have fun? Have you had fun before?

And by fun I don't mean a glass of red and a cheese platter with the missus.
i'd eat dog sh1t on a stick if it had fresh garlic on it
88 Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 15:51   #11
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
I agree with Russ, I'm a motoring enthusiast, and I enjoy a sweet burnout, and that was a pretty damn sweet burnout.

But, rules are rules, he shouldn't have gone ahead with the burnout. If the security guys were *actual* security people, instead of themselves being just as bogan and useless as the drivers that go to these events, then perhaps it would have been handled better.

Both were in the wrong, but at the end of the day, the driver should have obeyed instructions and taken it elsewhere.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 15:57   #12
SIKVLT
why are you reading this?

Send a message via MSN to SIKVLT
Link to Summernats review

http://www.summernats.com.au/news/de...7&ArticleID=22
SIKVLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 16:35   #13
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
He just posted on facebook about his 1 year ban, better than a life time!
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 20:27   #14
Vella
Gold Members

Car: VY SS
Quote:

Yeh don't run Summernats anymore please, instead everyone let loose on the streets

It's like you hate modified cars, or young people. Whatever your problem is learn to deal with it because believe it or not, CT is full of young people with modified cars
Vella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-12, 00:18   #15
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
He did not mention modified cars....

Dont cry when an event like that gets shut down because some dude in a manga gemi stuffs it for you.theres a time,place and rules for this stuff

what do you have?
Old 12-01-12, 09:17   #16
InsaneVL
So Much Win

Car: Just a Non-Turbo VL...
Trader Rating: (32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
I agree with Russ, I'm a motoring enthusiast, and I enjoy a sweet burnout, and that was a pretty damn sweet burnout.

But, rules are rules, he shouldn't have gone ahead with the burnout. If the security guys were *actual* security people, instead of themselves being just as bogan and useless as the drivers that go to these events, then perhaps it would have been handled better.

Both were in the wrong, but at the end of the day, the driver should have obeyed instructions and taken it elsewhere.
Bax has hit the nail on the head here.

Both parties could have handled it better - but regardless of el-retardo kicking the door, does not entitle nuckinfuts to disobey the officials to do an unauthorised burnout.

I was witness to a similar incident at PowerCruise, which, due to the better handling of the incident, saw a completely different outcome.
My mate Steve, who owns the CHOPED Gemini (maybe there's something about Gemini's?) - Entered a Chopped V8 Gemini into PowerCruise. Passed Scrutineering, Cruised on the track all day Friday. Lined up for the Burnouts on the Fri night only to be told, just as he was about to do his skid that the roll cage was 50mm too low for the track's insurance, and hence, was not allowed on the track at all.

Unlike Nukinfuts, Steve obeyed the officals - but took his case to Gup (who was on Steve's side, but it was the QR rep that wouldn't allow it). While the ruling was controversial, Steve ended up with a complete refund for PowerCruise, still allowed to spectate and drive the Gemini around the grounds, but not on the track. Steve was pretty pissed off at the time - but didn't put the event, or other people at risk by doing anything stupid.
Steve will be back, with a new cage - that will have Gup (and QR's) approval prior to PowerCruise so he can come back and continue to do what he likes, and everyone is happy.

This Summernats incident *should* have been handled better by the management, and nuckinfuts *shouldn't* have disobeyed the marshals - turned the car off and have a chat to the management. I'm sure the result would have been much better.

Enough ranting - you get my point.
Old 12-01-12, 09:48   #17
Steff
Major League Rottweiler

Car: FPV SUPERCHARGED GS
This is the begining of all the controversy with Summernats claiming that Steve Nogas did not Qualify for Sundays finals because he did not obey the fire marshalls directions, claiming the fire marshall told Steve not to start the car after it stalled when contact was made with the fence, then claimed to tell Steve to shut the car down once he re-started it. Clearly you can see at 0:48 we hit the wall and at no point did the fire Marshall tell us to shut it down, The Fire Marshall then signaled to the approaching tow vehicle that he wasnt needed at 1:49 and waved us through to exit the pad at 2:02 of the footage. Summernats have since told us we never qualified on friday but at 2:21 you can clearly see the official give steve a qualifying ticket and saying well done mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egZ4h...e_gdata_player
Old 12-01-12, 10:03   #18
InsaneVL
So Much Win

Car: Just a Non-Turbo VL...
Trader Rating: (32)
The confusion about him qualifying is certainly the premise of the issue. However - he should NOT have pushed past officials to do the burnout. (and that knob shouldn't have kicked the car!)... alot of should-not-have-done's on all parts.

Ripper skid though.
Old 12-01-12, 15:28   #19
zaksvl
VL FANATIC

Car: R51 Pathfinder
Trader Rating: (12)
As soon as the guy gets out the car he backs the **** off lol
Old 13-01-12, 17:28   #20
Cocopopz
Death is hereditary

Car:
Trader Rating: (6)
Good work I say, you go there to do a burnout and by christ did he do it. Could of been handled better tho.
Cocopopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12, 19:05   #21
TOY747
Player

Car: VL
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 Chaser View Post
Russ do you even remember what it was like to have fun? Have you had fun before?

And by fun I don't mean a glass of red and a cheese platter with the missus.
I'm with you.. Aus880 loosen up man get a root or something.. People like to have fun and run a little wild once a year.. People like different things to you..

On the burnout what a burnout.... haha loved it...

Last edited by TOY747; 13-01-12 at 19:10.
TOY747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12, 20:45   #22
VL-Dan
Player

Car: VL Berlina Sedan, VL Berlina Wagon, VL GTS...
If your driving down the road and do something like that, you know you are breaking rules and if caught will get into trouble...

This guy knew there were rules to abide by and he almost ran people over while breaking those rules? Doesn't get much more retarded than that I would think...

Its thanks to guys like this, that modified car owners have such a bad reputation in the media etc for being 'rule breakers'
VL-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12, 22:11   #23
3lturbo

Quote:
"This guy knew there were rules to abide by and he almost ran people over while breaking those rules? Doesn't get much more retarded than that I would think..."

Like he said himself, he was wrong with what he did, and how he reacted. But, if you've built a car specifically for events such as Summernats (and powercruise etc), and you weren't allowed to compete in the knock out rounds of a burnout competition due to a break down in communication, and knowledge of the rules by the marshalls i think being annoyed is justified. Up to that point he had done nothing wrong.. Maybe the staff there need better training, and knowledge on not just the rules, but also on how to deal with situations such as these. And lets face it, the security doesn't exactly have the best reputation at Summernats for how they have dealt with competitors either.

Not justifying what happened, but don't think he's "retarded" for what he did....

Last edited by 3lturbo; 13-01-12 at 22:45.
3lturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-12, 11:03   #24
VL-Dan
Player

Car: VL Berlina Sedan, VL Berlina Wagon, VL GTS...
Thats fair enough although just to clarify I wasnt calling him retarded, just what he did...
VL-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-12, 09:22   #25
GAS747
GAS747

Car: GAS747 | TUFGT0
Trader Rating: (12)
All you guys that are saying rules are rules, and they must be obeyed I do agree. But what right does that give security to "kick" his car?

Im sure most of us have ****ed up out at a night club, i know I have. Does that mean the security should come kick me or hit me? No, they should do there job. End of the day yes he did the wrong thing in the first place BUT NOTHING justifies what security did to him. NOTHING!!!

My 2 cents...
Radial Life
GAS747 is offline   Reply With Quote