CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
LSX Garage - Performance has a new home...

Old 01-08-07, 16:11   #1
Antranik
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (12)
Question About The Hoon Law

Guys I did a search checked VicRoads n VicPolice and cant find what I'm looking for.

I know how they work like 1st-3rd offense but what I want to know is how do you get the strikes?

Like if someone got done and gets done a 2nd time but in a different car what happens? Does the car get 48hrs or 3months? Or does a car get 3 strikes no matter who is driving it until it is sold and transfered and it starts over?
Antranik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 16:15   #2
MR.SUS
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (9)
good question... what about this what if u get done two times in ur vl turbo for instance and then purposly the 3rd time u get done in a rusted out **** box.. does it go back to zero or anytime after that does that car your in get confiscated?? serious question.
MR.SUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 16:24   #3
Boat captain
Bogan First class

Car: a boat
Trader Rating: (29)
it is irrelevant of what car you're in. if you get done a third time its the car that you are in at the time that gets confiscated. and if you continue after the third strike you wont have a car to drive in cause you will lose your licence for an amount of time determined by the judge you face.
Old 01-08-07, 16:34   #4
MR.SUS
Gold Members

Car:
yeah what about after that though when u get your license back does that mean u dont have any strikes ?
Old 01-08-07, 16:44   #5
Antranik
Official Member

Car:
ok so its the person not the car who evers name its in until transfered
Old 01-08-07, 17:12   #6
ONTHEBUST
Player

Car: YES
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to ONTHEBUST
any car its the person driving it so if i have 2 stricks and i just in ur car and do a burnout and get cought u lose ur car
ONTHEBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 17:14   #7
Antranik
Official Member

Car:
Thats *** stupid
Old 01-08-07, 17:23   #8
ONTHEBUST
Player

Car: YES
Send a message via MSN to ONTHEBUST
bad
ONTHEBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 17:30   #9
Antranik
Official Member

Car:
Im jus waiting for it to happen with people in there old ladies 80k Mercs and for them to go skitzo.

Something has to change this law a little.

I agree with it but not the fully taken it!

Last edited by Antranik; 01-08-07 at 17:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-08-07, 19:06   #10
Elnicos
Player

Car: vL bRo
Trader Rating: (10)
I have heard alot about these laws, but one thing i was unsure of is: If i do a little burnout (for arguments sake) and one person behind me see's and writes my rego down. Then they call the hoon line, and "bang" the police come around and take my car?? is that all it takes, just one person to say that you did somthing? My question might sound stupid, but i cant understand if thats the way it is, how you can have your car taken off you just from what one person says, without any proof???

So i could dob in someone that i dont like and they get there car taken off them? would be good if someone knew an answer 100%, cheers
I'll be there, car will be done well and truly in time..
Elnicos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 19:19   #11
Antranik
Official Member

Car:
You can jus be like you got into a thing with em on the rd and there just being a **** wheres there proof?
Old 01-08-07, 19:53   #12
Bouras
Backyard Performance

Car: VL Calais Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Bouras
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antranik
Im jus waiting for it to happen with people in there old ladies 80k Mercs and for them to go skitzo.
not like ppl underage drive there parents merc and then pick me up and go bell macces
**looks at someone**

Last edited by Bouras; 01-08-07 at 19:55.
Bouras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 20:00   #13
Chemical
Official Member

Car:
Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via MSN to Chemical
as far as i know ..u can only get done twice? first time its 3 demerit points..n same with the second time..u only get 5 on ur p's..so i dnt think ne thing happens to the car..u just loose ur license?

correct me if im wrong...vic roads has been unclear about the consequences
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 20:16   #14
UNONT2
Oh Yeah?

Car: 1987 Maroon Over Silver VLCT,VH SL/X Wagon(304 Turbo V8 Build)
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbstvl
it is irrelevant of what car you're in. if you get done a third time its the car that you are in at the time that gets confiscated. and if you continue after the third strike you wont have a car to drive in cause you will lose your licence for an amount of time determined by the judge you face.
haha you boys are lucky ov a there in oz,here in hamiliton in nz,i did one little little race with my mate one friday night,about 3 neighbours complained bcoz they all know our cars and the next day we had a visit from the cops!!now here in hamiliton they have this "boy racer list",im one of the lucky ones that am on that list for my whole life haha great a,this means that it only takes one ramdm preson driving along watching me do sumthn rong,take my rego numba call the cops and i instantly get my car and licence takn off me right there,and also it depends on how much of a prick of the jugde is but i can also get fines up to and above half the valve of my car so in my case 5k or 3 months in prison,so thats just it,considr youz lucky

also we not aloud any "loud" cars or anything like that,so dont move to hamiliton haha

Last edited by UNONT2; 01-08-07 at 20:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
UNONT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 20:56   #15
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnicos
I have heard alot about these laws, but one thing i was unsure of is: If i do a little burnout (for arguments sake) and one person behind me see's and writes my rego down. Then they call the hoon line, and "bang" the police come around and take my car?? is that all it takes, just one person to say that you did somthing? My question might sound stupid, but i cant understand if thats the way it is, how you can have your car taken off you just from what one person says, without any proof???

So i could dob in someone that i dont like and they get there car taken off them? would be good if someone knew an answer 100%, cheers
No it doesn't work like that, police will observe the offence it won't work off people making making a phone call

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 21:20   #16
MR.SUS
Gold Members

Car:
so back to my question that no one has answered if i get done 2 times in my vl turbo for instance and then i rip a burnout infront of the cops in my grandmas datsun and it gets taken and sold does that mean the next time i get caught its only a warning or does everytime after that my car gets confiscated please someone answer this?
Old 01-08-07, 21:52   #17
Antranik
Official Member

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouras
not like ppl underage drive there parents merc and then pick me up and go bell macces
**looks at someone**
ahaha i wasnt hooning thats the main thing.
Old 02-08-07, 00:04   #18
Bouras
Backyard Performance

Car: VL Calais Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Bouras
so say at 18 i get my car impounded, then again, and then i settle down, then im 30yrs old i get busted doin little skid, is that the third strike or do they cancele after time???
Bouras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-07, 11:48   #19
FAQFPV
SCREAMER

Car: Daily wh gen3 - Grandpa's vn [CVN-747]
Trader Rating: (14)
im not sure hopw it works but a while back a guy got his mums car impounded lol
FAQFPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 17:53   #20
SYRUS
Player

Car: 135.2rwkw N/A VL, VL BT1 (project)
Trader Rating: (4)
i truly doubt that they will take the car off you if someone dobbed you in, without any evidence apart from heresay. Unless you were stupid enough to admit to it.

What i wanna know is, in the law it states that your car can be taken off you for excessive noise. What do they classify as excessive noise???? A car that the officer says the stereo is up to loud in, revving of a car, exhaust/engine noise when you rev your car to 5K. Makes no sense to me and is very vague.

And what if you get your car impounded, do you give them the keys to it? Can you call your own tow truck driver? What if they damage your car in transit or at the lot is it a matter of proving it? Cause i notice on the news all the time they have the cars bonnets up and stuff, do they really have a right to be going searching through your car when your not around????

And what really gets me is the cop doesn't have to have any evidence (video, etc) when it comes down to taking someones car off them. And if/when they go to court and are found innocent (unlikely i know) do they refund all costs of fees imposed, and loss of wages etc???? I was discussing this with my old man the other night and he agrees with me that i leaves it wide open to cops to abuse the system.

Last edited by SYRUS; 03-08-07 at 17:57.
SYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 18:06   #21
REDLNE
Player

Car: Honda Accord V6
Trader Rating: (0)
the way it works, if u get done 1, 2, or 3 times, ur car gets taken away 48hours, then u go to court, they decide what offence u get, if its ur first u may just get a slap on the wrist n a fine, and then if ur found guilty for ur 2nd/3rd offence, they take ur car accordingly 28days later for 3months/permantly.
there is no set dermit points or anything in regards to gettin ur car impounded, except for speeding, and otherwise the rest is decided by the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRUS

And what if you get your car impounded, do you give them the keys to it? Can you call your own tow truck driver? What if they damage your car in transit or at the lot is it a matter of proving it? Cause i notice on the news all the time they have the cars bonnets up and stuff, do they really have a right to be going searching through your car when your not around????

And what really gets me is the cop doesn't have to have any evidence (video, etc) when it comes down to taking someones car off them. And if/when they go to court and are found innocent (unlikely i know) do they refund all costs of fees imposed, and loss of wages etc???? I was discussing this with my old man the other night and he agrees with me that i leaves it wide open to cops to abuse the system.
they take ur keys off u, and they call for the tow-truck n it gets taken to essendon, u cant use ur own truck or someone u kno, its a liabilty thing

kartingONLINE.net

Last edited by REDLNE; 03-08-07 at 18:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
REDLNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-07, 19:09   #22
Tuurbo
I Hate You

Car: BT1 12.21 181kph
Send a message via MSN to Tuurbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880
No it doesn't work like that, police will observe the offence it won't work off people making making a phone call
Just wondering why the cops are encouraging people to ring up if what they say don't really mean a thing. Do they just take note of the rego number and have a quick look over the computer to see if they are looking for ya or maybe just put a little note in and wait to see if anyone else phones in?
Old 04-08-07, 13:22   #23
NTONIO
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurbo
Just wondering why the cops are encouraging people to ring up if what they say don't really mean a thing. Do they just take note of the rego number and have a quick look over the computer to see if they are looking for ya or maybe just put a little note in and wait to see if anyone else phones in?
Exactly, Police do log EVERYTHING.. Name being mentioned, Car being mentioned, Number Plates being mentioned. Its used in court as proof. Because the more proof they have the less chance you have of winning

If 2 people call up and say 'theres a VL doing burnouts in my street, it looks red with rims' Then another guy calls 'theres a VL with the plates OMGVL doing burnouts has Calais International rims keeps stopping in front of house 25'

All they have to do is bust you and join the dots, I don't know if that is enough proof for an impound, but thats a true story and a friend only got fined for wreckless driving. He could of went to court but we were all pretty sure the law would of layed the smack down!

Last edited by NTONIO; 04-08-07 at 13:25.
NTONIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-07, 14:26   #24
FATPSI
oblivious

Location: VIC, constantly changing between the right and left gutter
Car:
Trader Rating: (61)
Send a message via MSN to FATPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnicos

nah, I got a warning from the police about my alleged hoon driving when I went around the block in my car running in the new engine didnt get above 30 or 40 ks was just checking for oil/water leaks etc. someone called in and complained they said they could do **** but warned me to take care none the less
Old 04-08-07, 14:35   #25
SYRUS
Player

Car: 135.2rwkw N/A VL, VL BT1 (project)
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLNE
they take ur keys off u, and they call for the tow-truck n it gets taken to essendon, u cant use ur own truck or someone u kno, its a liabilty thing
So the cops take the keys out of your car, or are you supposed to give it to them??
What about all my other points mate, do you know about them??
SYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote