User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
G-Cylinder

Old 31-05-06, 16:45   #1
.loz
Gold Members

Car: Purple e36 328i manual coupe
Trader Rating: (5)
it took a year, and now i need some advice!

Hi guys.

well,after living in victoria for a year (i cant believe its gone that quick), i finally got done by the TMU...

anyway, now i need to get some advice on some stuff that the cop got me for, and i have tried talking to some mechanics who can do roadies (as i need a roady to clear the defect) but none of them know what i can nor cant do. so i have a few quesitons..

1. is having an adjustable fuel regulator defectable? or must i put the original fuel regulator back on?

2. i have a catch can with an air filter on it, but it is actually plumbed back. the cop didnt even check to see if it was plumbed and did me for it. i always thought it was legal as long as it was plumbed back, is this still true?!

3. seeing as the people doing road worthies dont know what they can do, is their anyone i can call to find out these answers? Vic roads?

4. after 7 days you are not allowed to drive the car. i heard after that 7 days you can drive the car ONLY to and from the shop. is this true?

thanks guys for your time.

- Laurie
Old 31-05-06, 16:54   #2
JNRGMH
Official Member

Car: JPC built VLT
Trader Rating: (55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .loz
Hi guys.

well,after living in victoria for a year (i cant believe its gone that quick), i finally got done by the TMU...

anyway, now i need to get some advice on some stuff that the cop got me for, and i have tried talking to some mechanics who can do roadies (as i need a roady to clear the defect) but none of them know what i can nor cant do. so i have a few quesitons..

1. is having an adjustable fuel regulator defectable? or must i put the original fuel regulator back on?

2. i have a catch can with an air filter on it, but it is actually plumbed back. the cop didnt even check to see if it was plumbed and did me for it. i always thought it was legal as long as it was plumbed back, is this still true?!

3. seeing as the people doing road worthies dont know what they can do, is their anyone i can call to find out these answers? Vic roads?

4. after 7 days you are not allowed to drive the car. i heard after that 7 days you can drive the car ONLY to and from the shop. is this true?

- Laurie
Laurie,

-Adjustable fuel reg is NOT legal
-Catch can with air filter NOT legal
-Vic road have the documents on there website, if you give me an e-mail address i can send it to you if you like.
It will explain all of these things

Peace Out
Old 31-05-06, 16:57   #3
XTC16
Option Audio

Car: '86 VLCT S1 5 Speed Turbo [GMJ37], '86 VLCT S1 Auto Turbo, '87 Berlina, '95 VS Option Audio Demo Car [NCK000], '87 Auto Berlina Turbo
Send a message via MSN to XTC16
Loz! I knew you should have stayed living round the corner from me!!!
Old 31-05-06, 17:26   #4
gmtrb
gmTRB!!

Car: VL SL Turbo, SR5 Hilux
Quote:
Hi guys.

- Laurie
When I had to go to the EPA, they told me you cannot have an adjustable fuel reg. You can have a catch can, but a sealed off catch can (no air filter).

With the defect, it says on it when you cant drive your car(they give u a date)

hope this helps..

rob...
Old 31-05-06, 17:26   #5
.loz
Gold Members

Car: Purple e36 328i manual coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC16
Loz! I knew you should have stayed living round the corner from me!!!
haha i *** knew it too!!! if i had the car working then too i would of taken u to the coast!!!!

cheers pazzo, give me a yell at mike_laurie13@hotmail.com
Old 31-05-06, 17:42   #6
JNRGMH
Official Member

Car: JPC built VLT
Quote:
haha i *** knew it too!!! if i had the car working then too i would of taken u to the coast!!!!

cheers pazzo, give me a yell at mike_laurie13@hotmail.com
Done mate
Old 31-05-06, 17:56   #7
deanoVLCT
MODERATERRRRR

Car: Car: Hq gts coupe - Vl Sl turbo bt1 - Vl nitron - Vl v8 1k001 berlina - Fg xr6 ute - LJ coupe - LX slr 5000 rep
Trader Rating: (24)
yeh mate exactly as pazzo said remove the adjusttable fuel regulatior and cathc can just like i did, go get the roadie then head to vic roads then put ur goodies back on
deano
deanoVLCT is offline   Reply With Quote