CalaisTurbo New Tags END Ignore Digital Niche Code -->
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Queensland
JD CUSTOM

Old 20-09-05, 09:02   #1
XTC16
Option Audio

Car: '86 VLCT S1 5 Speed Turbo [GMJ37], '86 VLCT S1 Auto Turbo, '87 Berlina, '95 VS Option Audio Demo Car [NCK000], '87 Auto Berlina Turbo
Trader Rating: (55)
Send a message via MSN to XTC16
Respray (Cheap) Brisbane - Help

Guys, does anyone know of any of their mates / themselves / a panel shop that would be prepared to do a same colour respray (Red) possibly even red / silver and a small bit of rust repair on the front screen for the $1k mark?? I'm not after a show finish or anything really spectacular, just wanting to give the old girl a bit of a tidy up and attack the rust before it gets any worse. The body is reasonably straight, I want to get the ball rolling as I'm legally allowed back on the road in just under 3 months! Cheers.
Old 20-09-05, 18:10   #2
tails83
alcoholics go to meetings

Car: VPII ClubSport Build #339
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to tails83
my bro in law and his mate just started a business in burpangary, called boost performance or something like that. i don't know if they would do it for a grand but u could always ask!!! most probly would be a bit more. if ya ken pm me and i'll give u his personal number as i don't know the shop number.
Old 20-09-05, 20:26   #3
boostinVL
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC16
Guys, does anyone know of any of their mates / themselves / a panel shop that would be prepared to do a same colour respray (Red) possibly even red / silver and a small bit of rust repair on the front screen for the $1k mark?? I'm not after a show finish or anything really spectacular, just wanting to give the old girl a bit of a tidy up and attack the rust before it gets any worse. The body is reasonably straight, I want to get the ball rolling as I'm legally allowed back on the road in just under 3 months! Cheers.

mate if you get it ready for me to paint ill do it for $350 you just need to hire a booth or something and thats just for me to walk in and paint.im a spray painter by trade just so you know i can paint.i live in logan area so it will have to be around there some were.

boostinvl
boostinVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-05, 20:37   #4
Hingo
PM for GuardRolling

Car: LEXUS IS200
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Hingo
If you do as much of the prep work you can (sand, remove everything, bog etc.) Im sure you can work it out with any place. Depending if any body work is required it might be a straight forward spray.

I know a guy in mt gravatt that might be able to do something for you...
Hingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-05, 01:26   #5
vlmad_05
Gold Members

Car: vlseries200&vlct
Trader Rating: (2)
hi boostinvl i have a bit of rust how much would that cost pm me sorry for the hijak its around the front windscreen thanx
vlmad_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-05, 08:54   #6
XTC16
Option Audio

Car: '86 VLCT S1 5 Speed Turbo [GMJ37], '86 VLCT S1 Auto Turbo, '87 Berlina, '95 VS Option Audio Demo Car [NCK000], '87 Auto Berlina Turbo
My biggest problem is that I obviously don't want to do fark all of the prep work, but if that is what needs to be done, well then so be it. Thanks for the replys guys.

But yeah if people can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated!
Old 21-09-05, 09:54   #7
Hingo
PM for GuardRolling

Car: LEXUS IS200
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to Hingo
Prep work doesnt really require much... Just remove all the bars and moulds and lil bits here and there. The less time the painters have it for obviously it means you save dollars!

And just get some 240grit sandpaper and give it a few coats and see if you can find any imperfections. Will also save time!

Having a car painted is all about time.
Hingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-05, 11:14   #8
XTC16
Option Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51KVL
Prep work doesnt really require much... Just remove all the bars and moulds and lil bits here and there. The less time the painters have it for obviously it means you save dollars!

And just get some 240grit sandpaper and give it a few coats and see if you can find any imperfections. Will also save time!

Having a car painted is all about time.
Cheers Mate, at the moment i'm investigating to even see if it's viable at the moment, but that makes me think. Cheers.
Old 04-10-05, 19:41   #9
Antho
Certified Wise

Car: 2 x VL Calais Turbo, VL Berlina Turbo, 2 x Ford Explorer V8, Subaru Forester GT, BMW 325i M Sport
Trader Rating: (74)
I know of somebody that might be able to do you a respray for under a grand. I will ask him tomorrow and see if he can or not. Only prob is you might have to wait a few weeks so he can fit you in. Where abouts are you located?
Antho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05, 20:32   #10
XTC16
Option Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antho
I know of somebody that might be able to do you a respray for under a grand. I will ask him tomorrow and see if he can or not. Only prob is you might have to wait a few weeks so he can fit you in. Where abouts are you located?

Antho, mate that would be friggin awesome, i'm in no hurry @ the moment, as i was really just sussing out what could be done, but yeah - please let me know!! legend!
Old 07-10-05, 16:22   #11
ExecTurbo
304ci and counting.

Car: 5.0L VS Exec, Datto B310 Coupe Project
Trader Rating: (3)
Im after the same thing actually... Just wondering..

Im wanting just exteriour respray, not engine bay, inside boot or door jams..

theres a little rust i need taken out of the front cowel panel and the parcel shelf, and 2 dents that need to be filled...

Im not too keen on doing any of the prep work myself, as i really really dont want to **** anything up, nor do i want to sand paint off it outside, then have the car get rained on etc...

I will however have a little more cash to spend... anything under 2k will suit.

Maroon body, asteriod silver bumpers, black window frames..

Anyone who can do it or knows of someone who can, please PM me.

Cheers.
Alex.

(XTC16 - sorry for the thread hijack! )
Old 07-10-05, 16:55   #12
XTC16
Option Audio

S'all good man
Old 10-10-05, 10:28   #13
Antho
Certified Wise

Car: 2 x VL Calais Turbo, VL Berlina Turbo, 2 x Ford Explorer V8, Subaru Forester GT, BMW 325i M Sport
Trader Rating: (74)
PM sent XTC16
Antho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-05, 17:44   #14
MRV17
Player

Car: 5spd vlct, KA laser b6t turbo :) vlt chopper
Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via MSN to MRV17
i know a guy that will do it for $1400 and that inc paint and all prep.. pm me if ur keen
MRV17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-05, 16:09   #15
87VLT
Player

Car: 1987 2jz calais turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to 87VLT
who is that walkiecal, gambler
87VLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-05, 17:05   #16
OVL087
I wish I had an XE Falcon

Car: 9.90 @ 139mph
Trader Rating: (28)
i will see how i go spraying my bro's car over my xmas break nick , if it all goes to plan i may be able to fit urs in too.

both being full red resprays.

plus im doing lukes complete bumper bars and door moulds.

so much for a holiday f uckin ****s
Old 24-12-05, 23:42   #17
XTC16
Option Audio

Cheers Andy
Old 12-01-06, 01:43   #18
lwardy
Player

Car: 1986 vl calais turbo
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to lwardy
can any painter blokes here roughly quote me on a job?
vl calais light blue/silver, i want to get done in a grey lighter than atlas, i think it came out on some vns...
any ideas?
was thinking 6k

...wardy...
lwardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-06, 19:33   #19
thomastsu
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
I just wanna get my car registered

Hello. I have a 1985 Honda 3dr Hatch Civic. Which recently bought from ebay.
After da service check in BP. they told me that i must get those rust in roof and pillar fixed to get the RWC.

what i see is the paints went off on the roof and pillar. I am now thinking about repray for the roof and da pillar, bonnet. in order to get the RWC.

as i dont wanna spend much on this, (less than 1k). wanna ask is there anybody know someone/somewhere/themself can help me out?

I am living in Brisbane, Spring Hill. If there is anyone can help, please pm me or send me an email: thomastsui@yahoo.com

coz i reli like this car, wanna get this on da road.....
thomastsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-06, 10:06   #20
4BangN
Player

Car: Vq Stato 5litre
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to 4BangN Send a message via Skype™ to 4BangN
i think everyone needs a respray if you have seen my car you would defenently see that i need 1 asap , but i do not know if me and dad are going to paint it or im gonna get it done properly if it will be done cheap enough
4BangN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-06, 19:38   #21
pigsy
THE PIG

Car: tube chassis here we come
Trader Rating: (49)
Send a message via MSN to pigsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVL087
i will see how i go spraying my bro's car over my xmas break nick , if it all goes to plan i may be able to fit urs in too.

both being full red resprays.

plus im doing lukes complete bumper bars and door moulds.

so much for a holiday f uckin ****s
is that wise andy think u better stick to ur boats were people carnt se the runs
Old 17-03-06, 22:54   #22
XTC16
Option Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsy qld
is that wise andy think u better stick to ur boats were people carnt se the runs
BAHAHAHAHA