Closed Thread

Old 24-07-05, 09:28   #301
JET-6
THE BANINATOR

Car: MK1 Esky 2 door(2.3 turbo), Patrol monster truck, and a EB2 XR6
Trader Rating: (68)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Boost
I'm not stupid, i'm just showing it's very very unlikely to run 133mph in something that heavy @ 300rwkw..

Anyway.....was a good day and all you fat *******s ate all the snags before i got there!!!!!!!!!

Yer i didnt get a snag either, fat bartards!!!!

Email me @ thumpainc@bigpond.com
Old 24-07-05, 10:01   #302
aerovl
Player

Car: Subaru Forester XT, VN V8 Calais, 2 x VL turbos
Trader Rating: (10)
neither did i you fat *******s!!! I was starving.
Old 24-07-05, 16:07   #303
JETVL
Player

Car: XR6 Turbo Powered MK1 Capri, LX SS RB26/30
Trader Rating: (3)
Actually the dyno has been calibrated and is spot on, we've had Dyno Dynamic's themselve's come out and check it on numerous occasion's and they said it's perfect and the accuracy's spot on.

What your not realising is it's nowhere near as old as these other company's dyno's that have been thrashed for numerous year's and would be more happy and less accurate.

If ben visconte's car's making 570rwkw on our dyno then he would well exceed 600+rwkw on the other workshop's with more happier dyno's garantee'd, and the guy's making in the 500rwkw figure's on other dyno's wouldnt even be bettering mid-high 400rwkw on our's.

As some of the other boy's say, the dyno is just a tuning tool, where it count's is on the track and MPH doesnt lie.

Alot of other company's also put in compensation factor's and air temp probe's etc to make the reading's higher to make the customer flog over dyno graph's where we dont and that could be the reason for the lower figures compared to some.

Anyway it was a top day and we were overwhelmed with the amount of people who attended, at 1 stage there woulda been easily 500-600+++ people that's probably the reason why the bbq went so quick.(I think next time Hamoud and Ali will be better prepared)

Everybody who attended was very well behaved and i beleive there was not 1 Canary or EPA handed out to the hundred's of car's that participated or were in the area which made it all the more enjoyable.

Had people saying they had to park 2 and 3 block's away it was that jam packed.

Turbo was won by a guy who purchased just 1 raffle ticket beleive it or not.
2nd prize was some clothing and 3rd prize was a hat.

I think everybody was happy and had a top time and it was nice to meet alot of you and i hope you enjoyed the car's, nice to see you all there and will see you all at the next 1.

Cheer's
JET
Old 24-07-05, 16:36   #304
GONE IN 7
PAY UP SUCKER!

Car: 350z,toyota supra st289 1346hp with more to come.
whats better than seeing some tough cars,talking with mates over a flaming bbq eating a snag...nothing.

since no one has mentioned it.....hey JETVL your car made it debut,hows things with it all,did it hit the dyno?...how long before your out on the track...any chance of seeing some pics of this semi godzilla beast.
Old 24-07-05, 16:48   #305
THESPY
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Last 3 runs on 3 diff dynos were(roughly) Easternats about 400ish, JPC the day before the Bresc Dyno was about 350ish(safe) and Bresc the next day about 360ish.

I was very suprised to see it 60rwkw's lower since the car has not been started since the Bresc day.

I must say if rajab dyno is spot on then why at jpc and bresciani dyno the above car is say 10rwkw's different with a day apart i say 60rwkw's is a hell of a lot
Old 24-07-05, 16:50   #306
[HAMOUD]
HDT LE #3501 9.92@140mph

Car: HDT VL Calais TURBO LE [#3501] 9.92@140mph
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to [HAMOUD]
i can tell ya one thing jetvl your car mate is sycotic and i dont know how ur gonna get traction at an earlier meeting with the boys its was started and *** me dead the ground and walls where shaking top car this is gonna be an animal brother good luck and let us know when u take her out!
Old 24-07-05, 20:05   #307
JET-6
THE BANINATOR

Ok heres a little question, how come Bretts intake temp was only 6 degree's?????

That cant be right and that low temp reading will effect the readout greatly, maybe you should get your intake temp sensor tested, as the intake temp should have read about 25/28 degree's and that would have increased the readout quite some!

Old 24-07-05, 20:20   #308
FRASHD
Player

Car: WK Caprice
Trader Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETVL
Actually the dyno has been calibrated and is spot on, we've had Dyno Dynamic's themselve's come out and check it on numerous occasion's and they said it's perfect and the accuracy's spot on.

What your not realising is it's nowhere near as old as these other company's dyno's that have been thrashed for numerous year's and would be more happy and less accurate.

If ben visconte's car's making 570rwkw on our dyno then he would well exceed 600+rwkw on the other workshop's with more happier dyno's garantee'd, and the guy's making in the 500rwkw figure's on other dyno's wouldnt even be bettering mid-high 400rwkw on our's.

As some of the other boy's say, the dyno is just a tuning tool, where it count's is on the track and MPH doesnt lie.

Alot of other company's also put in compensation factor's and air temp probe's etc to make the reading's higher to make the customer flog over dyno graph's where we dont and that could be the reason for the lower figures compared to some.

Anyway it was a top day and we were overwhelmed with the amount of people who attended, at 1 stage there woulda been easily 500-600+++ people that's probably the reason why the bbq went so quick.(I think next time Hamoud and Ali will be better prepared)

Everybody who attended was very well behaved and i beleive there was not 1 Canary or EPA handed out to the hundred's of car's that participated or were in the area which made it all the more enjoyable.

Had people saying they had to park 2 and 3 block's away it was that jam packed.

Turbo was won by a guy who purchased just 1 raffle ticket beleive it or not.
2nd prize was some clothing and 3rd prize was a hat.

I think everybody was happy and had a top time and it was nice to meet alot of you and i hope you enjoyed the car's, nice to see you all there and will see you all at the next 1.

Cheer's
JET
If the readings are taken in shootout mode you should have air temp comp entered, to comply to shootout regulations.
Also the way the vehicle is strapped down can affect readings, as can air temp, humidity & barametric pressure along with room temp.
If you use shootout and fudge these figures.... that's cheating.

Last edited by FRASHD; 24-07-05 at 20:22.
Old 24-07-05, 21:13   #309
THESPY
Player

Car:
I have been around dynos now for 8 years and with alot more experience. Now in shoot out mode all the same brand dynos will read the same no question about it,the air temp probe should all be the same temp to all cars through out the day.
Now that means if the air temp probe is away a distance and not set up in position correctly you will definately get a lower reading so therefore,all cars should be set at approximately 20/22 deg.
And to all if its done 30/35deg then you will get a much higher read out,hope i have helped anybody interested
Old 24-07-05, 22:53   #310
[HAMOUD]
HDT LE #3501 9.92@140mph

Car: HDT VL Calais TURBO LE [#3501] 9.92@140mph
Trader Rating: (12)
Send a message via MSN to [HAMOUD]
ummm ok..
Old 24-07-05, 22:54   #311
poohkies
no it's a calais not a vl

Car: VL Calais Turbo,Autech 260rs, GT Spec B Liberty wagon, R33 4 door daily
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to poohkies Send a message via Skype™ to poohkies
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovl
neither did i you fat *******s!!! I was starving.
didn't know u where there

i got a snag :P
Old 24-07-05, 23:02   #312
JET-6
THE BANINATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HAMOUD]
ummm ok..

Thats what i was thinking!

Old 24-07-05, 23:06   #313
poohkies
no it's a calais not a vl

Car: VL Calais Turbo,Autech 260rs, GT Spec B Liberty wagon, R33 4 door daily
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via MSN to poohkies Send a message via Skype™ to poohkies
well sorry to say but i was actually pretty disappointed, traveled all the way from darwin and saw to 1 mild vl and brett's tough vl. pretty sad when this is that vl state

Other than that it was great to meet alot of u, and hope to meet more of you next time i'm down! (bring me vl with me also)
Old 24-07-05, 23:14   #314
XTOGVL
BANNED

Nah Phill Miles Left Jpc As You Know And Wen It Came From Jpc The Best It Could Do Was 9.67 And Then It Kept Having Major Engine Failures And Then Eddy Rajab Had A Big Fallout With His Brothers And Came Into The Shop With His Old Engine For Sale Out Of Alberts Smashed Calais And Danny And John Jumped At The Chance And Brought It And Fitted It Into Pannic And Never Had A Problem And It Ended Up Becoming The Fastest Untubbed 6 In Australia.

Now Its Blown Up And There Peicing Together Another Similar Combo As That One Went So Well.
Old 24-07-05, 23:24   #315
Dr Boost
Player

Car: $600 Bluebird wagon!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTOGVL
Yeh Danny Was Guna Bring Platnm But As Mentioned By Thespy Shes Getting A New Make Over And Is Coming Out To Shock The World Dannys Hoping To Win God Of Autosalon This Time And His Getting Another 2 Babyseats To Make It 3 In The Back......his Also Hoping Its Guna Take Home The Most Powerful 6 And Outright Honours At Next Autosalon By A Good 100rwkw Once His Conquered That His Next Aim Is His Is Guna Show Jpc A Thing Or Two About Who Can Build The Quickest Rb30 In Aus But Danny Wants To Do It In A Full Street Calais Not Some Cut Up Drag Car Like Vass And If You Think Pannics Quick With 580+rwkw Then Wait Till You See What Dannys Guna Make....he Personally Told Me Around 750+rwkw Without A Doubt In His Mind And Its Going To Have..........well I Cant Say Right Now But Its Guna Blow Your Minds.

John And Danny Were Guna Bring Pannic Down For The Dyno Comp But They Blew Eddy Rajabs Old Engine Up That Was In Pannic And Now Trying To Build Something Better Thats Why Pannic Hasnt Been Out Racing For Awhile And Wont Be For Another Few Months.

Go John
Go Danny
Go Bresciani Racing
Pull your c.o.c.k any harder and it'll fall off!!!
Old 24-07-05, 23:27   #316
SirGeo
Administrator

Car: '67 Camaro in the Build... And still looking for a stock'ish BT1
Trader Rating: (40)
Send a message via ICQ to SirGeo Send a message via MSN to SirGeo
Event has taken place.

Any new post, pics or reviews put up in this thread:

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showth...9&page=1&pp=30

Locked.
Old 25-07-05, 17:42   #317
FLWLSS
VLCalaisTurbo GasResearch

Car: VL Calais Turbo (Gas Research), Toyota 4wd
i was going to throw the red Electrical Van on the dyno but i was afraid they couldnt strap it down enough

was a good day!

GO hard or GO home!
GAS RESEARCH!!
Closed Thread