Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > South Australia
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 31-10-13, 16:02   #1
hdtf-18
Player

Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
Trader Rating: (0)
xforce varex exhausts???

Hi guys just wanted to ask you all about any experiences or any cars u have seen or heard with exhausts with the varex remote controlled noise operating thing on them on vl's? i see on you tube they are all on v8's but most important are they sank factor or will it actually help u wit the cops and still give a high hp motor what it needs? if theyre all wank factor what do people recommend exhaust wise, due to the engine bay going to have as many things as i can polished and with it going in shows what would be the ultimate choice for exhaust?
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 19:08   #2
CYNICL
Official Member

Car: '87 White VL Berlina factory 5Spd.
I recall them being illegal for some reason? I have seen them on some WRXs and they definitely quieten them down, but I'd imagine they would be very restrictive when closed.
CYNICL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 19:30   #3
Jet R31
10.21@140.89

Car: r31 skyline lego block
Trader Rating: (7)
my brothers mate, has one on vt with a 6 litre and gm motorsport turbo killer cam

makes it a lot quietier...i see one place in adelaide fits them to the middle of the car and then a muffler at back, so when it opens you only have one muffler at back for restriction

4 inch is the ultimate, but i doubt you need it, you motors only mildish
good idea
cheers
darren
Jet R31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 20:03   #4
hdtf-18
Player

Car: vl rb30t 270kw + fg xr6 ute 360rwkw
yeah the only time it would be closed is if i got pulled over which is the reason i like the idea of it and just wanted to see if anyone knew once fully opened if it were as good as having a dedicated performance exhaust thats made without cops in mind at all.

anyone know on legality issue?

JetR31 in a nutshell are u saying they are a good performance mod or unsure as u havent used one urself. any help and opinions grateful for
cheers
hdtf-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-13, 20:17   #5
3lturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtf-18 View Post
yeah the only time it would be closed is if i got pulled over which is the reason i like the idea of it and just wanted to see if anyone knew once fully opened if it were as good as having a dedicated performance exhaust thats made without cops in mind at all.

anyone know on legality issue?

JetR31 in a nutshell are u saying they are a good performance mod or unsure as u havent used one urself. any help and opinions grateful for
cheers
It's similar to the Bi-Modal system on the E2 onwards HSV's. Depending on what setting you've put it on, at full throttle it will 'open up' so to speak, and perform the same as that of any normal exhaust.

And I believe they are illegal, but obviously it would be easy enough to get around that.
3lturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-13, 09:56   #6
VL_JOHN
Player

Car: Maranello Red LW5 MX7 BT1
Send a message via ICQ to VL_JOHN Send a message via MSN to VL_JOHN
They are good but if it's one that you have to manually adjust, don't thrash your car with it closed up.

I know of two blown WRX engines because the owners have given their car a hiding with the muffler closed up.

When they had their engines tuned the mufflers were wide open and everything was running correctly. With the muffler closed up and wide open throttle you can end up with leaning out and detonation because the engine isn't able to breathe how it should.

This probably isn't as much of an issue on a naturally aspirated engine but would be on anything that's highly modded or turbo.
VL_JOHN is offline   Reply With Quote