JD CUSTOM

Old 19-05-11, 16:44   #1
ekul
Gold Members

Car: vlt,ke70
Trader Rating: (4)
Defects now involve a fine.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/motori...-1226058563490

Awesome, not even old ladies are safe. Blown globe, $120 fine.

Illegal modification, pod filter? $250 fine?

Its never ending cant win
ekul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 17:44   #2
TUXEDO
Locky

Car: VSII Statesman, VL Berlina turbo
Trader Rating: (18)
When did pod filters become illegal? lol
TUXEDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 17:50   #3
ekul
Gold Members

Car: vlt,ke70
Hence the question mark, They could still consider a pod filter as a illegal modification?

That was a example, i guess anything to them could fall under a illegal modification.

But yeah heads up july 1st you cant get your defect lifted without paying a fine. Should get roadworthys in SA.
ekul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-11, 18:19   #4
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
You can get a fine for driving a car that I's defectable!

All I have to sey Is if the government don't want modified cars on the street it's simple don't let companies sell parts that are illegal an example I's king springs.

---------- Post added 19-05-11 at 17:51 ----------

I agree with the r/w here I'n Sa although alot of people well most wont!
All I can sey I's if they bring I'n rw watch how much cheaper the car price will fall like Vic,nsw and qld

what do you have?
NASTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 01:22   #5
VLCT88
player

Car: VLII Calais Turbo, BKII Mazda 3 MPS
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to VLCT88
Utter crap... its double dipping, why not just put the fees up to clear the defect if they want more $$$ out of us??? I guess they are introducing it this way for those people that never bother to get the defect lifted so they can still get something out of them. Considering an "illegal modification" is at a coppers discretion you could in fact get a $250 fine for something that wasn't actually a defect in the first place!
VLCT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 05:41   #6
ericsk8es
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
i lowerd my car and drove round the corner for the 1st time and i got defected 500m out of my court. got a 300 ish fine for the vehicle not being roadworthy and another 300 ish fine for driving the unroadworthy vehicle grrrrrrrr

victoria is screwed
ericsk8es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 11:01   #7
Marzella
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsk8es View Post
i lowerd my car and drove round the corner for the 1st time and i got defected 500m out of my court. got a 300 ish fine for the vehicle not being roadworthy and another 300 ish fine for driving the unroadworthy vehicle grrrrrrrr

victoria is screwed
EDIT: *This Country
Marzella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 11:29   #8
SUSPECT
Player

Car: SUZUKI GSX-R 1000 k8, S14 200sx
Send a message via MSN to SUSPECT
Yes this is probably going to affect people who drive modified cars, but if you look at some of the cars on the road that are just pieces of junk and death traps this a great way to get them off the road. People should be fined for having a completely un-road worthy heap on the road. (you all know what cars im talking about. Those "modified" vns that are everywhere with cut springs, no exhaust and always have blown globes)
SUSPECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 13:56   #9
Marzella
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSPECT View Post
Yes this is probably going to affect people who drive modified cars, but if you look at some of the cars on the road that are just pieces of junk and death traps this a great way to get them off the road. People should be fined for having a completely un-road worthy heap on the road. (you all know what cars im talking about. Those "modified" vns that are everywhere with cut springs, no exhaust and always have blown globes)
And the previous method of issuing a major defect without a fine does not do this? Im confused.

Also for your information an officer was able to issue you a fine at his discretion for driving an unroadworthy car previously anyway, now it will be compulsory.

The way i see it is this.. If you have a decent car and you get defected for the standard 'to low' 'to loud' etc.. you ARE going to change it pay your $148 to regency park to get it cleared, you will then lower your car again and quite possibly repeat this process.. happy days for the government.

HOWEVER when these 'pieces of ****' on the road with 3 wheels and looking like a piece of swiss cheese get issued with a major defect, they end up at sims and the owner purchases another car for $200 and continues on his merry way.. $0 profit for the government.

Now if you were a business which would you target to create the greater amount of profit! It’s not hard to see why a modified car is the target.

Furthermore the government would be seeing the vehicles which were issued with defect notices but not ever going to pay the $148 as a LOSS. This is why we are where we are now.

This is what we know as REVENUE RAISING.
Marzella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 14:29   #10
milad
VLT SOLD, FOREVER HAPPY

Car: 88 SL VLT- SOLD
Trader Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsk8es View Post

victoria is screwed
that must suck.. my vl is droped on its ball sack and cops dont say ****.. i been pulled over for driving boosted on P's and they dont pump me for ride height...

syd cops are tops
milad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 14:54   #11
SUSPECT
Player

Car: SUZUKI GSX-R 1000 k8, S14 200sx
Send a message via MSN to SUSPECT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzella View Post
And the previous method of issuing a major defect without a fine does not do this? Im confused.

Also for your information an officer was able to issue you a fine at his discretion for driving an unroadworthy car previously anyway, now it will be compulsory.

The way i see it is this.. If you have a decent car and you get defected for the standard 'to low' 'to loud' etc.. you ARE going to change it pay your $148 to regency park to get it cleared, you will then lower your car again and quite possibly repeat this process.. happy days for the government.

HOWEVER when these 'pieces of ****' on the road with 3 wheels and looking like a piece of swiss cheese get issued with a major defect, they end up at sims and the owner purchases another car for $200 and continues on his merry way.. $0 profit for the government.

Now if you were a business which would you target to create the greater amount of profit! Itís not hard to see why a modified car is the target.

Furthermore the government would be seeing the vehicles which were issued with defect notices but not ever going to pay the $148 as a LOSS. This is why we are where we are now.

This is what we know as REVENUE RAISING.
indeed it is revenue raising you're 100% correct. I just dont see why those people who drive those pieces of junk should get away scott free thats all im saying. 9 times out of 10 they aren't insured so wait until one of them runs into your car.
SUSPECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-11, 15:29   #12
vpss_01
Player

Car: VT Clubby, Cefiro
Trader Rating: (0)
They are gonna pick up so many VT’s with faulty taillights
Old 24-05-11, 22:13   #13
Weezy
Player

Car: 02' Mazda RX7 FD3S Bathurst Type R
Trader Rating: (15)
is it legit and passed the bill yet?

ooh.. everyone
Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-11, 08:09   #14
vlct2010
Player

Car: HDT LE replica Vlct 5 spd, 01 lancer glxi 5spd
Trader Rating: (1)
I can't believe this it's a load of **** just the otherday mate was tell me that cops sitting outside his job site just before end of day. He has brand new ssv ute lowered but legally exhaust prob not legal lol drove out job site n got pulled over. Literally 5 meters out the gate! N they said he was revving his car they could hear it from outside the fence or some shiz like that. No he argued that it's not illegal height showed them a full tray of 3 tool boxes full tools n compressor in there they didn't believe that would make ass end car be that "low" meanwhile 4-6 rusted to shiz smoking out the back squealing crap holes drove out job site n didn't even get looked at.!!!! So I agree revenue raising for sure!!! I'd love find out who comes up with this crap I'd punch that person so hard in the face!!!! N I bet there car is defectable too blown globes n shiz
Old 05-06-11, 08:21   #15
DJ_XTASY
car enthusiast

Car: VL Aero Turbo and VL mock Group A Calais 5L
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to DJ_XTASY
It actually makes sense to fine people for having bald tyres, windscreen wipers or horn not working but really should have been brought in when defects first started. So yes revenue raising and very very gay none the less, and still no doubt if there are two cars in front of the cop with both blown tail lights and ones driven by a male and the other ones driven by a senior, no guesses for whos paying for the $120 fine!
Old 26-06-11, 04:15   #16
boostin01
Player

Car: a few holdens
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSPECT View Post
my vn has chopped springs, exhaust dumped at diff...but...every suspension component replaced/upgraded, new and upgraded brake components, retains all original emissions equipment (minus rear resonator) no oil leaks whatsoever, always has roadworthy tyres...and globes are good, so should i be eligible for a $250 on the spot fine? that's a bit greedy sapol.
boostin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-11, 10:35   #17
-pumba-
[JETLAG]

Car: Silverslate VLC+T/06 CBR1000RR/02 VY SV8
Trader Rating: (28)
well yes, for having the diff dumped at the diff. pretty straight forward. not trying to be a **** wit either, just saying that if they do you for it you cant say they are a bunch of ****s etc, as its pretty clear that its illegal. chopped springs they wont be able to tell. i went through regency with chopped springs haha
-pumba- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-11, 12:00   #18
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
diff dumped at diff hey pumba lol.

ffs i cant beleive people are having a cry!
we have it so easy here the only state where a r/w doesnt exsist and your crying about getting a fine for a defectable car thats propably never been gone over by regency in its life....

if you dont maintain your car and keep it in a r/w condition its your own fault....

what do you have?
Old 26-06-11, 12:28   #19
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
^^ well said

SirGeo is revenue raising, he charges to become a member on CT

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-11, 12:36   #20
BUD
ICEMAN

Car: VL berlina x2
I agree with the below comment but hay im not trying to stop on toes but not all of us have really good jobs to pay for the car to be road worthy or can afford a brand new none defectable car and also dont have mummy and daddy to pay either and if a cop wants to defect you regardless of illegal guess what he is gonna do it he does not need proof defectable its up to regency to find defects copper just issues the notices so where all ****ed as far as im concerend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY1 View Post
diff dumped at diff hey pumba lol.

ffs i cant beleive people are having a cry!
we have it so easy here the only state where a r/w doesnt exsist and your crying about getting a fine for a defectable car thats propably never been gone over by regency in its life....

if you dont maintain your car and keep it in a r/w condition its your own fault....
BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-11, 13:21   #21
-pumba-
[JETLAG]

you know what i ment to say lol.

im my eyes if you cant afford to maintain a car you shouldnt be driving one. simple.

Its unlikely that you are gonna get pulled over if your in a stock commy/falcon/corolla ect, reguardless if it has some oil leaks, worn suspension, etc. but if you chop the springs, put some 18's on it, chop half the exhaust off, things like that your gonna gt pulled over and get reemed.

If you cant afford to do the maintenace first you shouldnt be buying rims, that are so big you cant afford new tyres, chopping springs, things that are gonna get u pulled over and you know the car will never make it through regency. not directing this at anyone at all just saying how i see it.
Old 26-06-11, 13:41   #22
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD View Post
I agree with the below comment but hay im not trying to stop on toes but not all of us have really good jobs to pay for the car to be road worthy or can afford a brand new none defectable car and also dont have mummy and daddy to pay either and if a cop wants to defect you regardless of illegal guess what he is gonna do it he does not need proof defectable its up to regency to find defects copper just issues the notices so where all ****ed as far as im concerend

Not directing at you but there is public transport if you can't afford to run a car!

Cops defect cars in every other state it's not like the liscenced r/w mechanic defects these other cars! So no it isn't up to regency.if it wasn't a cops job to defect cars there would be no such thing as regency

Yes I have been hard done by previously with defects but you bite your tounge and some how deal with it?

what do you have?
Old 26-06-11, 19:09   #23
PSone
Player

Car: VLCT
does any one know if the fine is per defect. i have a pod, loud exhust and lowerd. id be f^&ked
Old 26-06-11, 19:32   #24
NASTY1
[IMPRSVE]

Car:
id be seying not per item

what do you have?
Old 26-06-11, 20:07   #25
-pumba-
[JETLAG]

its just one fine. and a pod isnt illegal, just needs to be secured, i went through regency with one. there always has been a fine for driving an unroadworthy car when you get defected but as long as your not a **** to them they use to not give it. now i guess they have to