User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
GRUNT Performance

Old 24-06-09, 12:35   #26
1sikxt
Player

Car: ba xr6
Trader Rating: (0)
u can drive a car without rw reg permit there ur solution supply a 28 day permit then the new owner can get his own rwc
1sikxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-09, 12:41   #27
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
rego does not get cancelled once bought, rego stays with the car as mentioned in my post above, new owner can get RWC and do transfer

ring VicRoads they'll confirm this

so many simple questions turning into absurd arguments/discussion not based on facts

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-09, 12:51   #28
vltrb-0
The Regulars

Car: ke57, a ke70 with an ls1 and a turbo
Trader Rating: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscpauly
im thinking of selling my vs ss but i dont wana part with the number plates and i have no time to get a road worthy as i work 9-5. im thinking of just cancelling the reg and taking the plates off and selling it for 5 or 6k

i heard its illegal to sell a car without a road worthy if its got reg, ive never sold a car b4 n dunno how to do about it. if i get standard plates from vic roads can i sell it with reg and no road worthy? or is it compulsery to get a rwc?

alert vic roads when you sell the car the new owner has 30 days from the point of sale to produce a roadworthy or the registration will be cancelled its how i sell a car nearly everytime as i work similar hours to yourself
vltrb-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-09, 04:34   #29
hsv150
Player

Car: CLUBBY
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to hsv150
ok guys ill answer this question for you as i have just bought a damaged registered car with no rwc.

There is a procedure and if you follow it you will be fine.

When filling out transfer papers in the rwc section put a line through it and write buyer to provide rwc.

Secondly the buyer should transfer car straight in their name without rwc and they will be given 28days to produce a rwc and in the meantime the car stays registered for 28 days and wont require a permit until the new owner produces his rwc.

In the meantime seller puts in disposal letter and all is fine.
I just done this 3 weeks ago with a vs and kept the plates that were on thew car.

Also incase you guys dont know this one?
You can buy an unregistered car aslong as the plates are still on it and it hasnt been unregistered for more than three months the new owner can pay the reg and again still drive for 28 days until you produce a rwc.And the car will not require an unregistered vehicle inspection.

Vicroads is hesitant telling you this stuff but my brotherinlaw works in scrapmetal so he buys cars like allover the place and these are a few things i picked up from him.
hsv150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-09, 11:15   #30
MRVLT
Player

Car: clk320, bmw 323i, tx3
Trader Rating: (0)
i bought a car no roady but the reg expired 2-3 days before so they let me re-register it and gave me about 2 months to bring in the roady to put on the system which took like 2 mins and they didnt even check the car
Old 22-10-09, 00:28   #31
VLAero6
Player

Car: SL Turbo Aero Kitted[JETRB6], Berlina Turbo Daily
Trader Rating: (8)
Sorry to bump up an old thread guys, i have just recently put a deposit on a 87 berlina N/A. Initially the agreement was 12 months reg and RWC, but i just got a ring from the seller saying he cbf getting a roady. He also told me that he has to hand in the plates to vic roads and cancel the reg. Would this mean that the reg must be paid in full again? Im a bit confused because the vic roads site says that you get a refund when the reg is cancelled.

I always thought that reg and plates stay with car, then you transfer car into your name, then you supply a roady within the given time otherwise reg is cancelled, but the seller thinks otherwise, i will ring vic roads but if anyone could fill me in that would be great.

cheers
VLAero6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-09, 00:43   #32
CSL-FLY
Gold Members

Car: Subaru WRX
Trader Rating: (14)
the bloke sounds like a dog just tell him DO NOT cancel the reg, just tell him to transfer the car into your name once u have payed him, then get ur own rwc.
if he cancels the reg take ur deposit back and tell him to get ****ed
CSL-FLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-09, 08:08   #33
VLAero6
Player

yeh thats heaps better as its too much stuffing around. But does anyone know if you have to pay the reg in full again if it is cancelled? if thats the case then the price must be dropped.
Old 22-10-09, 10:04   #34
CSL-FLY
Gold Members

yeah u will have to get a rwc and then pay the rego in full.
the guy sounds like a wanker sorry if hes ur mate or something but hes a wanker if he does it
Old 22-10-09, 13:48   #35
VLAero6
Player

haha lol yer was a bit pissed when he told me, nah hes not my mate so its cool, if he was i would already have the car. rang up vic roads earlier today and they clarified what u just said. They said that they "RECOMMEND" selling a car by cancelling the reg if a RWC is absent doesnt necessarily mean that you have to. I was willing to pay him in full and get a RWC myself but now i also have to get the car checked after i get a roady for it. ***in pain in the ass. Dont worry i made him take $1600 cash off the price so its all good, think he just wants the car gone without him worrying bout anything.
Old 22-10-09, 13:57   #36
CSL-FLY
Gold Members

**** yeah for a 1600 price drop get him to cancel the reg unless theres ALOT for rwc needed.
once u have the car pm me and i should be able to help u with a rwc.
Old 22-10-09, 14:06   #37
VLAero6
Player

sweet bro. I have already made an appointment to get a roady at my local mechanic but if he tries to shaft me i will give u a pm cheers for that. The car sits nice on the road paint is ****ed and it has usual vl rust but it has been in the family since new. Idles very smoothly and drives really nice. Probly the main concern is the parcel shelf which has been cut for 6x9's. Probly needs new brakes ect.....