CalaisTurbo New Tags
User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > Victoria
G-Cylinder

Old 25-06-08, 12:39   #201
PROGMH

Car:
Trader Rating: (26)
Yeah nothing yet. Its hard to get anyone to listen. They think young bloke with a modified car and its all trouble.

Waiting to hear back on a couple of things but theres not much to update you guys with at the moment.

Brett
PROGMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-08, 13:37   #202
cengiz
Acute Realism

Car: office chair, dumped, black leather..arm rests!
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to cengiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIWOG
Cengiz thats a sh1t attitude !! Brett is doing something positive ! Why not charge $1 to attend and 2$ a sausage..... there you go, food covered AND donations. I only have a verada and ill be there just to hand over some $$$ and get feed !!!

mmmmmmmmmm orite orite, i apologise. got a little e-worked ...
i support brett, always have, i think its a splended idea bro.

ahhwell, keep tryin brett.
Old 25-06-08, 14:59   #203
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by cengiz
mmmmmmmmmm orite orite, i apologise. got a little e-worked ...
i support brett, always have, i think its a splended idea bro.

ahhwell, keep tryin brett.
sweeeeet mate .... now any chance I can come with you ?? I only got a Verada ?? haha
Old 03-09-09, 00:01   #204
Sabo
Player

Car: 04 WK Statesman on 20's.
Trader Rating: (9)
why the hell did this die?
Sabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 04:37   #205
HDT-VLCLE
The irregular one

Trader Rating: (34)
Because swimming against the tide is a loosing battle. I'm all for this in principle, but i'm with brett - I don't have high expectations. The idea needs some backing from someone with a spotless public record and a lot of public respect to go with it, like a MP etc. Now just to find someone willing to stake their reputation to the success of this endevour... haha

Would definately help, get some more positive media response that's for sure.
[/RANT]
HDT-VLCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 10:26   #206
FORZA
The Regulars

Car: quadriple turbo rajab/bresciani built wheelie bin
Trader Rating: (10)
on the money kyle

slowly slowly laws are getting tougher and tougher until eventually a street race will see jail time (which in some cases it almost does already)

the message we need to get across is:

WE ARE NOT CRIMINALS

that being said, nothing will ever happen so best everyone just bend over and accept what we have coming
FORZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 18:35   #207
PROGMH

Car:
Final result was TMU phoning me and explaining that they disagree with the whole thing and if I were to set something up they would happily come down and support a defect blitz to get rid of everyone.

I think an organisation would have more luck.
Old 03-09-09, 20:57   #208
SIroller
CAL.415

Trader Rating: (52)
hey brett.

bunnings near me (burwood hwy near eastlink intersection) has the biggest carpark i have ever seen at a bunnings.

i am sure that they would have the space for an extra hundred cars on a sunday morning.

you could do the BBQ there with the CT banner and a sign for the charity and also ,aybe a sign saying theres a show and shine in the back corner of the carpark. bunnings is a hardware store and i think we all know that no man can pass up a show and shine.

anyway just a thought. i'm impressed this is still happening. old thread.

i ended up going nowhere with my own chase as you saw in the members section, then i went back to uni, started a new job and ditched my g/f all at the same time so i don't have the time anymore!
Old 03-09-09, 21:31   #209
LUVMTL
Player

Car: Vlt BT1 (KNRYME) & Ford feista zeteck the one on roids
Trader Rating: (6)
yer thats a sick bunnings would love to see this idear work as we are constantly sterio typed as hoonx not car enthusiests .
Old 04-09-09, 01:49   #210
Sabo
Player

Car: 04 WK Statesman on 20's.
Trader Rating: (9)
^^make it happen
Old 04-09-09, 09:15   #211
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Issues with above idea

lots of Bunnings have sausage sizzles going on each weekend, they are all approved and supported by the Bunnings store and are usually run by rotary or similar.
You can't just rock up, expect to take up potentially hundreds of spots in their carpark, sell whatever you like and collect $ too, esp when there's no proof of where the $ is going
The owner of any carpark can simply request you leave and if you don't the police get called and you have to leave.

Can you also stop 'pushing' Brett to do this or do that, you all have legs and arms too i'll assume?

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 09:18   #212
SIroller
CAL.415

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880
Issues with above idea

lots of Bunnings have sausage sizzles going on each weekend, they are all approved and supported by the Bunnings store and are usually run by rotary or similar.
You can't just rock up, expect to take up potentially hundreds of spots in their carpark, sell whatever you like and collect $ too, esp when there's no proof of where the $ is going
The owner of any carpark can simply request you leave and if you don't the police get called and you have to leave.

Can you also stop 'pushing' Brett to do this or do that, you all have legs and arms too i'll assume?
eh... russ its barely ever rotary. quite often scouts or schools, cfa. there are lots of different groups. also as i mentioned this carpark is beyond any carpark i have ever seen at bunnings and usually half empty. especially up the back.

such a naysayer aren't you?
Old 04-09-09, 09:20   #213
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
the issues I raised are still there, how about addressing them ?

Old 04-09-09, 09:23   #214
FORZA
The Regulars

Car: quadriple turbo rajab/bresciani built wheelie bin
Trader Rating: (10)
he still makes a good point mitch

if u guys do go ahead with something like this where raising money is involved u might wanna get permission off bunnings first

that being said i cant see how this is going to help anything, we have c4c every year to improve the image of the scene but it just gets looked over so what will make this any different?
FORZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 09:27   #215
SIroller
CAL.415

we would obviously have to get permission. i don't think it was ever assiumed we would take over their carpark and their bbq. i think that assumption is absurd.

whether or not it makes a difference who cares its a nice day out.

Last edited by SIroller; 04-09-09 at 09:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
SIroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 09:35   #216
ipg
shannon noll

Car: r32gtr
Trader Rating: (5)
and what happened last time an official CT event took over their car park?
ipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 09:38   #217
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
whether or not it makes a difference who cares its a nice day out.
so pretty much another cruise/show, not really on topic then

as i indicated simplistic ideas are being thrown up in the air and Brett is expected to catch them, run with them and make them 'work'

not really fair imho

Old 04-09-09, 13:30   #218
SIroller
CAL.415

i didn't ask brett to catch my idea. i expressed that i was suprised this was still happening and added an suggestion of a bunnings which would be large enough to cope with a few extra cars should that be a requirement.

tbh i didn't read all of the posts,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipg
and what happened last time an official CT event took over their car park?
what event are you talking of? and i don't believe any ct event has taken over this particular carpark nor is it taking over if there is prior approval. i don't think anyone is 'taking over' anything.

Last edited by SIroller; 04-09-09 at 13:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
SIroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 15:18   #219
ipg
shannon noll

Car: r32gtr
Trader Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIroller
what event are you talking of? and i don't believe any ct event has taken over this particular carpark nor is it taking over if there is prior approval. i don't think anyone is 'taking over' anything.
hmm...edit.

the skid fest that was the ct cruise on 1 nov 2008.
ipg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-09, 19:27   #220
PROGMH

Car:
Arent all CT cruises just skid events? Wasnt there that time on the roof top when it got media coverage?

Anyway, I've been pretty busy with work and a wedding in the making to worry about this at the moment. I should have an article going in the herald sun pretty shortly too.

As I said before, I think an organisation would have a much better chance at anything than just myself. I attend the monthly cruise down at mornington bunnings organised by 'cruising' - the hot rod club. It's great, has music on, a shop is open to get dinner and usually 200+ cars on a normal night... 500+ with day light savings. It does it for me.
In saying that though you wouldnt get let in with your VLs - only walk in to view.

I'm more than happy to assist / back up / help if a real organisation that genuinely wanted to do something approached me but otherwise I think it's beyond just one person. All I'm perceived to be is one idiot hoon whereas a reputable organisation has a lot more push and accountability behind it.
Pity is, no one will step up.

Like it or not that's the truth.
Old 05-09-09, 16:57   #221
pnishu
Player

Car: 1982 vh sl ,1997 vs stato
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH
As we're all aware there is and has been for quite some time an uneasy feeling between the police and young car enthusiasts such as ourselves. We're all worried that theyre going to pull us up and give us a hard time because we're young and we like to spend copious amounts of our hard earned wages into our pride and joy.

What I have in mind is having a chat to a senior member of the force in the south eastern suburbs and try to organise a 'safe zone'. What I mean by that is that there is an organised carpark somewhere where we can all go on a friday night and meet up, have a chat, show off our cars and just generally catch up with mates (basically as we do on the highway now). I propose that there be police presence... set up a booze bus... defect pieces of **** and blatantly obvious dangerous vehicles.
It would be on the proviso that we dont do burnouts, race, drink drive or act like idiots and rub it in thier faces.
It will attract idiots... I would advise the police to treat these idiots as they should be treated... we should write down rego's of people leaving doing burnouts etc.

Wouldnt it be good to know that there is a spot every friday night to meet up, see some nice cars, catch up with friends and not have to worry about the force rocking up and blocking the area off so that they can defect everyone one by one.

It would work well for us... it would work well for them. They'll know where everyone is! They'll know we're not creating mayhem or drink driving.

Obviously if I went and had a chat to someone then I would need the support of alot of people to try to persuade them to give the idea a go. They do it in other states... so why not here.
Hot rodders get treated well because they dont misbehave (as much) and there are 100 times more hot rod events and meets than street machine / newer car meet ups. Can we behave?

Would you be interested? Would you show me your support?

Brett.
sounds good count me in

THANKS
(PNISHU)
Old 05-09-09, 17:09   #222
G
370RWKW

Car: XR6T
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to G
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROGMH
As we're all aware there is and has been for quite some time an uneasy feeling between the police and young car enthusiasts such as ourselves. We're all worried that theyre going to pull us up and give us a hard time because we're young and we like to spend copious amounts of our hard earned wages into our pride and joy.

What I have in mind is having a chat to a senior member of the force in the south eastern suburbs and try to organise a 'safe zone'. What I mean by that is that there is an organised carpark somewhere where we can all go on a friday night and meet up, have a chat, show off our cars and just generally catch up with mates (basically as we do on the highway now). I propose that there be police presence... set up a booze bus... defect pieces of **** and blatantly obvious dangerous vehicles.
It would be on the proviso that we dont do burnouts, race, drink drive or act like idiots and rub it in thier faces.
It will attract idiots... I would advise the police to treat these idiots as they should be treated... we should write down rego's of people leaving doing burnouts etc.

Wouldnt it be good to know that there is a spot every friday night to meet up, see some nice cars, catch up with friends and not have to worry about the force rocking up and blocking the area off so that they can defect everyone one by one.

It would work well for us... it would work well for them. They'll know where everyone is! They'll know we're not creating mayhem or drink driving.

Obviously if I went and had a chat to someone then I would need the support of alot of people to try to persuade them to give the idea a go. They do it in other states... so why not here.
Hot rodders get treated well because they dont misbehave (as much) and there are 100 times more hot rod events and meets than street machine / newer car meet ups. Can we behave?

Would you be interested? Would you show me your support?

Brett.
interesting..
how do you get cars lookin so good?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 11:30   #223
IRAVE
Player

Car:
havn't had time to read through the thread but i've read the first page.

My opinion: GREAT idea if the cops would be willing to do it, and act in acorrding to that manner.
If people break the law (ie: burnouts, racing etc) then they should be delt with accordingly.
KNOWING the significant police presence, and the power they have to take down details and rape you and your pride and joy, I highly doubt many people will be breaking the law infront of police because of harsh repurcussions that (should be stated) WILL be handed out to ppl at these meets.

However.. we all know that theres a few arsehole cops around. So theres nothing really stopping them taking down plates, looking up your details, and targeting you in the future, or coming to your house and defecting your car (if its parked on the street). These things have been known to happen, and if it was to happen after these meets, then **** will hit the fan with enthusiests