Old 29-07-09, 20:30   #26
pigsy
THE PIG

Car: tube chassis here we come
Trader Rating: (49)
Send a message via MSN to pigsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherif
Just spoke to a Friend who is a Police officer. He just told me thatthe best thing to do is elect to take it to court and get a copy of is evidence and when you get to court you can still plead guilty to the charge at no extra cost but plead guilty to a lessor speed, in which the Judge will give you a lessor penalty, IE. 70 in a 60 zone, there is no way you can claim you wern't speeding but 70 in a 60 is better charge than 90
best thing some one has said and its true have done it my self and it works wat speed was the other guy booked for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antho
Now now, you shouldn't speed kiddies
l dont speed l fly

Last edited by pigsy; 29-07-09 at 20:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
pigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-09, 20:42   #27
INMATE
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (21)
Aus880,
I suppose charging a person with stolen goods regardless of the facts is acceptable also?
Hell if they don't have a reciept of purchase then stuff em hey! Because we all know that apart from an inbuilt speed radar cops also have automatic lie detectors.
Dosn't matter if the item is now 8 years old and the reciept was thrown out once the warranty ran out, if they can't proove they bought it they are fair game huh lmao...

Last edited by INMATE; 29-07-09 at 21:59.
INMATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-09, 22:50   #28
exchaser
9.96@134mph

Car: 'ONC16'
Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via ICQ to exchaser
Quote:
aus880 are you actually a cop or do you just love it?
He's a fireman hero...

Fireman Sam lol

Last edited by exchaser; 29-07-09 at 22:55.
exchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-09, 23:20   #29
aus880
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by INMATE
Aus880,
I suppose charging a person with stolen goods regardless of the facts is acceptable also?
Hell if they don't have a reciept of purchase then stuff em hey! Because we all know that apart from an inbuilt speed radar cops also have automatic lie detectors.
Dosn't matter if the item is now 8 years old and the reciept was thrown out once the warranty ran out, if they can't proove they bought it they are fair game huh lmao...
yeh let's go right off topic

curry and beer...yum

www.Facebook.com/cpv.com.au
"Real cars, real history"
aus880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-09, 07:40   #30
sampo
CARBY FED!! :D

Car: VL 5L
Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via MSN to sampo
pic related

sampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-09, 08:12   #31
INMATE
Player

Car:
The topic is what cops can & can't do.
Old 30-07-09, 08:26   #32
InsaneVL
So Much Win

Car: Just a Non-Turbo VL...
Trader Rating: (32)
I got a ticket on a non-existant street (according to the ticket).

I can either a) get proof from the council that the street i was "alledgedly" breaking the law on doesnt exist and take it to court
or i can b) get over it and just pay the bloody thing.

I am more inclined to just pay the bloody thing. Mainly because
a) I might end up loosing in court anyway.
b) If I win, they will probably just re-issue the ticket with a different street name on it (that actually exists this time). and
c) in any case, this particular cop will probably have it in for me. Car will be marked as a vehicle of interest (hoon wise - don't think it doesn't happen) and I'll end up with more trouble than this ticket was ever worth.
Old 30-07-09, 09:06   #33
INMATE
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneVL
I got a ticket on a non-existant street (according to the ticket).

I can either a) get proof from the council that the street i was "alledgedly" breaking the law on doesnt exist and take it to court
or i can b) get over it and just pay the bloody thing.

I am more inclined to just pay the bloody thing. Mainly because
a) I might end up loosing in court anyway.
b) If I win, they will probably just re-issue the ticket with a different street name on it (that actually exists this time). and
c) in any case, this particular cop will probably have it in for me. Car will be marked as a vehicle of interest (hoon wise - don't think it doesn't happen) and I'll end up with more trouble than this ticket was ever worth.
I take it it was an on the spot fine and not mailed to yourself?
If it was mailed out then it's their word against yours and atm their word is incorrect.
I'd take it to court and fight it as you don't recall ever driving down that road and can't even find it in a map lol.
Even if it was a speed radar that photographed ya, you had reason to appeal it as you were worried someone had made a mistake OR someone else had driven your car without your consent. Either way you were concerned and had to sort it out...

However if it was an on the spot fine & you accepted it, you can take it to court and plead guilty with reasoning. This will give you the opportunity to stand up and tell the judge your side of the story before being fined. At this point you can mention the fact that you only appealed the fine as the wrong street name was written and you were concerned about this and any ramifications this may have in the future for yourself or the police department. The judge will more then likely be leniant as you are still taking responsibility and showing a positive attitude towards correcting the mistake and it also shows you have no ill will towards the police or court system. I garuntee the judge will either drop the fine or lower it considerably in your favour...

Either way you will be better off then paying it in full
Just think about what you say & how you say it. As for being targetted, not if you play your words smartly

Last edited by INMATE; 30-07-09 at 09:37.
Old 30-07-09, 16:37   #34
Antho
Certified Wise

Car: 2 x VL Calais Turbo, VL Berlina Turbo, 2 x Ford Explorer V8, Subaru Forester GT, BMW 325i M Sport
Trader Rating: (74)
I think most people here are missing the point that he was actually speeding. It's pretty clear that he was from his story.

Only he knows how fast he really was going, if you were going that fast then man up, pay the fine and don't cry about it.

If you weren't going as fast as the copper said but were still breaking the speed limit then I suggest you go to court and do as sherif suggested and pleady guilty to a lessor speed.

Honesty is the best policy.
Antho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-09, 16:54   #35
Bax

Car: Pushbike
Trader Rating: (41)
Facts here being, he was doing 75.
You were doing faster then that.

At very least you're going to get a fine at 80km/h. I think they just need to travel with you for 3-4 seconds or something to tell your speed.

If you were doing 90 or more take it on the chin, if you were doing much less, go to court and say you were doing the speed you were doing.

Pretty simple really, if you're guilty why do you need to fight these things.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote