Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 26-11-08, 19:41   #351
genki
10.84 @ 126mph

Car: Toyota JZX100 Chaser, Toyota Camry daily rocketship
Trader Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL
lol Josh good to see I'm not alone. It's not like it's too hard/expensive to comply with the andra crap, especially when there are alot of guys here that have spent bulk $$ on their cars. For me at least, it's like fitting a cage and now a damn external isolator switch and a dirty blue triangle on the body will take away from the car.

Therefore, I have elected to stay street, the drags were just a bonus thing anyway to tell ppl *officially* how quick the car goes. At then end of the day, each to their own, but there is a fine line between gee'ing people up and coming across rudely.
thing is.....

A LOT of people judge a car on it's drag time (especially on these forums...), I'd be kidding myself if I didn't beleive my car if/when given enough passes it would do 9s etc - whether or not I want to do this is..meh

I'm still deciding on whether or not I want a cage etc, because there is no way in hell I'm getting the time I want (or what the car can do) without getting kicked out...but that will mean the copbait image is further reinforced, just to comply with some annoying rules

and as you guys have said, the streetcar, the thing that would be fun to drive around occasionally on the streets is no more

Last edited by genki; 26-11-08 at 19:46.
genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 19:46   #352
Oliver
DB Tech Polarized

Trader Rating: (44)
Some of us arent even bothered with big turbos etc etc... Owning a VL isnt all about quarter mile times and burnouts...

I'm bringing a car full of girls for you as a thank you haha
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 19:47   #353
genki
10.84 @ 126mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver
Some of us arent even bothered with big turbos etc etc... Owning a VL isnt all about quarter mile times and burnouts...
even this is true

power just gets addictive though, which is kinda depressing

dunno about the burnouts part though...who mentioned anything about doing skids?
Old 26-11-08, 19:58   #354
EVL
Gold Members

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to EVL
Quote:
Originally Posted by genki
thing is.....

A LOT of people judge a car on it's drag time (especially on these forums...), I'd be kidding myself if I didn't beleive my car if/when given enough passes it would do 9s etc - whether or not I want to do this is..meh

I'm still deciding on whether or not I want a cage etc, because there is no way in hell I'm getting the time I want (or what the car can do) without getting kicked out...but that will mean the copbait image is further reinforced, just to comply with some annoying rules

and as you guys have said, the streetcar, the thing that would be fun to drive around occasionally on the streets is no more
I don't care how my car is "judged" lol - couldn't give a toss what anyone thought about it to be honest. However, to counter your argument, the great thing about this forum that I have found, is most here appreciate how hard it is to build these things and how awesome they are when they get up and go! I don't really understand your last sentence but all I'll say is I've had plenty of fun in my car on the street as other will vouch Street is where it's at for me first and foremost. If I couldn't drive it on the street that would be a deal breaker!
EVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 20:31   #355
genki
10.84 @ 126mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL
I don't care how my car is "judged" lol - couldn't give a toss what anyone thought about it to be honest. However, to counter your argument, the great thing about this forum that I have found, is most here appreciate how hard it is to build these things and how awesome they are when they get up and go! I don't really understand your last sentence but all I'll say is I've had plenty of fun in my car on the street as other will vouch Street is where it's at for me first and foremost. If I couldn't drive it on the street that would be a deal breaker!
yeah I agree with everything you said, all of it

A lot of guys in WA have had it tough and their cars have been off the road for long, but I'm still sure there's a number of people who won't think of a car much unless its done X amount of seconds over 400m, which is kinda sad, but that's life

My last sentence basically meant, we're all building a car that makes a lot of power which will be fun to drive on the streets, especially if the car is "normal looking" (no cage, no isolator etc etc). We don't want to ruin the street car image and (if any) "practicality", nothing really beats cruising around once in a while then thrashing it

You must be happy with your car at the moment (besides the gearbox issues...hehe)

Last edited by genki; 26-11-08 at 20:34.
Old 26-11-08, 20:34   #356
Oliver
DB Tech Polarized

When Chris's car hits boost everyone in it looks like this

Only downside is trying to drink a beer and hold the Jesus handle without nearly spilling it around corners...

Old 26-11-08, 20:37   #357
genki
10.84 @ 126mph

Quote:
When Chris's car hits boost everyone in it looks like this

Only downside is trying to drink a beer and hold the Jesus handle without nearly spilling it around corners...
haha, whats he doing going quickish around corners anyways

crazy guy
Old 26-11-08, 21:53   #358
Stooge
Pazzo

Car: VL 5 spd :)
Trader Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVL 51R
umm dont forget chopping up your shell and fitting a cage, and the dirty parachute.

and i'd say speak for yourself, i havent done anything at the drags i havent done before on the street!
I agree with what your saying about having to add extra things on a street car Josh but you cant exactly do big burnouts and run down the quarter mile on the street with the hoon laws. As you know you get raped by cops. What im saying is at the drags you can do what you want without getting ****ed. Im all for a street car though as its more fun on the street, dont get me wrong.
Originally Posted by Cletus
and i hate it when their pussy taste bad....lol

Last edited by Stooge; 26-11-08 at 21:56.
Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 23:12   #359
wizo6
Player

Car: VL BT1 / VY Senator
Send a message via MSN to wizo6
Ok then weh my car gets finnished over At Dyson Rotary On the Gold Coast i will bring it over as it is getting a few more mods now and show you My car is still a streetable Package that will be capable of Running High 8 second passes Then I will Start looking for another VL to Build as a street car as I miss my old calais.........
wizo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-08, 23:20   #360
genki
10.84 @ 126mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stooge
I agree with what your saying about having to add extra things on a street car Josh but you cant exactly do big burnouts and run down the quarter mile on the street with the hoon laws. As you know you get raped by cops. What im saying is at the drags you can do what you want without getting ****ed. Im all for a street car though as its more fun on the street, dont get me wrong.
yeah you're right.

thing is, running your car down at the track is totally different to erm... 'runs on the freeway' etc etc...

when my car "was running", I didn't quite enjoy doing silly things as I always thought about my surroundings and to be honest most roads are pretty sh*tty and one bump and your pretty much f*cked - then you have the police and bad drivers etc.

the tracks are safer..apparently and theres no police

Last edited by genki; 26-11-08 at 23:25.
Old 26-11-08, 23:50   #361
Oliver
DB Tech Polarized

Genki: So how about some updates/pics of your build then???

Old 27-11-08, 22:04   #362
MaZzA
HYPO VL

Trader Rating: (21)
Quote:
yeah good call ol
its more about the breakdowns and never ending problems hahaha