GRUNT Performance

Old 18-02-08, 21:23   #1
PLY-BOI
Official Member

Car: MK Triton 4X4
Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to PLY-BOI
(ACT) Letter in the mail .. off to D|ckson i go

( for thoses not from act so just about everyone other that trent Dickson is the head of rta in canberra)

ok story is i got a letter in the mail on friday from the rta saying there has been reports of my exhaust being to loud , so i have to take it to Dickto be checked over thats fine with me
as its a stock exhaust, hasnt be loud for bout 2weeks when it was dumped at the diff

just wondering whats the chances of me going there passing the test and then a week later getting another letter for too low from the guy that checked it , because its not a full inspection?

ive got 2 or 3 defects before but never had to go to Dickson so not sure of how theyll be

also has anyone else got a letter in the mail for defects

tom

Last edited by PLY-BOI; 18-02-08 at 21:31.
PLY-BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-08, 06:16   #2
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
im from vic, down here from what i remember we get 2 chances. The first is a warning telling us a complaint has been made and were to fix it. I recieved one as did a mate about smoking car (auto was actually leking on exhaust but i fixed it anyway) If somone complains again its a fine and in for a full inspection, RWC. Kinda sucks if you guys dont even get chance to fix it ...
Old 19-02-08, 07:59   #3
jamiep
Gold Members

Car: no more vl....
Trader Rating: (10)
I didn't get a second chance - just a letter in the mail saying mr plod had observed that my vehicle was too loud (at the time I could see the two officers running my numbers in the computer as we were in traffic and they were busy tapping into their computer).

I had to take it to a licenced (ie vic roads certified) noise level test station and pay to have it tested and certified that it passed noise levels. I then had to fax this proof to EPA victoria to have the fine lifted or they'd fine me some hideous number of $$$$.

Guilty until proven innocent. It was just on the borderline of noise (i had it tested and it was right on the DB limit), but i opted to have a rear muffler fitted where none was previously to drop it safely below. - so net cost about $120 or so - and they didn't even get out of the car.

The test station in this case was just a local exhaust joint. The guy who ran it (nice guy - one of us - car entheusiasts) said that he himself had been given a letter in the mail from a random RWC station they had setup at the old Dandenong Sale yards (ie they pulled him over checked the car - let him go) - they mailed it out after the fact, even when he had his embroided exhaust shop uniform on, on the way home from work... sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIWOG
im from vic, down here from what i remember we get 2 chances. The first is a warning telling us a complaint has been made and were to fix it. I recieved one as did a mate about smoking car (auto was actually leking on exhaust but i fixed it anyway) If somone complains again its a fine and in for a full inspection, RWC. Kinda sucks if you guys dont even get chance to fix it ...
jamiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-08, 08:16   #4
Jeffo_vlt
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (12)
Why dont you ask in ACT section? Its pointless asking anyone from any other state..
Jeffo_vlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-08, 09:00   #5
PSIWOG
Gold Members

Car: Audi
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to PSIWOG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiep
I didn't get a second chance - just a letter in the mail saying mr plod had observed that my vehicle was too loud (at the time I could see the two officers running my numbers in the computer as we were in traffic and they were busy tapping into their computer).

I had to take it to a licenced (ie vic roads certified) noise level test station and pay to have it tested and certified that it passed noise levels. I then had to fax this proof to EPA victoria to have the fine lifted or they'd fine me some hideous number of $$$$.

Guilty until proven innocent. It was just on the borderline of noise (i had it tested and it was right on the DB limit), but i opted to have a rear muffler fitted where none was previously to drop it safely below. - so net cost about $120 or so - and they didn't even get out of the car.

The test station in this case was just a local exhaust joint. The guy who ran it (nice guy - one of us - car entheusiasts) said that he himself had been given a letter in the mail from a random RWC station they had setup at the old Dandenong Sale yards (ie they pulled him over checked the car - let him go) - they mailed it out after the fact, even when he had his embroided exhaust shop uniform on, on the way home from work... sheesh!
Thats because it was a cop who made the complaint not the general public. Ive had horror stories around here where cops go through the train car park and defect cars while the owners are at work if they find things like tyres, windscreens etc.
Old 19-02-08, 10:39   #6
HSVQUE
Nothing to Prove

Car: Holdon
Trader Rating: (6)
just throw a pair of higher/stock springs in the back before you go down and put like 55psi in tyres? just so it doesnt look slammed.. prob worth doing.
HSVQUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-08, 16:09   #7
[FLY-BYE]
always hidden never drive

Car: 87 calais turbo, 500hp r32 gtr daily
Trader Rating: (5)
unlucky tom, the cal is still defect free

most likely due to the fact it doesnt get driven hahahaha
[FLY-BYE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-08, 16:23   #8
5spdvl
Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Trader Rating: (22)
You probably will. They're like that - try and get you out of the "anti-social behaviour" that is being enthusiastic about cars by making you blowing all your money on fines.
5spdvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 17:21   #9
PLY-BOI
Official Member

well changed a **** load of things and i still got defected for

high light beams aimed too high
innertail lights faded or wrong colour globe
highlight switch loose

stuff i changed b4 hand

so far
replaced diff boot that was spilt
replacedsteering rack boot that was spilt
change the springs to higher ones vy ss in the front vt sedan in the rear cant get much higher !
remove 11% tint
adjusted Handbreak
removed aftermarket guages
fited jack and wheel brace
adjusted bonnet catch
fixed(hide) oil leaks from engine and trans
changed wheels and tyres
removed pod filter
re fited Overflow tank
rewired foglights to only come on when headlights are on
replaced taillights to factory berlina ones

last day as DefectSpec

RegoSpec lol

looks soo homo right now

Last edited by PLY-BOI; 26-02-08 at 17:24.
Old 26-02-08, 18:32   #10
CUIN9SC
Player

Car: 9sec vlt & vs caprice slammed on 20's
Trader Rating: (0)
im pretty sure as its happen to mates of mine that they can only get you on what the check up is for they cant pin you for anything else thats wrong with the car.
CUIN9SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-08, 18:38   #11
PLY-BOI
Official Member

well they ticked the full inspection box so i reckon they'll pick other random ****