User Name: Password:

Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > Regional Events > South Australia
JD CUSTOM

Old 30-09-07, 04:25   #376
pmac
Ninja Sh!t

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via MSN to pmac
yea from what i gathered port has the ****test game and the cats took advantage and owned them!
Old 30-09-07, 07:12   #377
DJ_XTASY
car enthusiast

Car: VL Aero Turbo and VL mock Group A Calais 5L
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to DJ_XTASY
We lost by 119 points thats our only negative.
As for positives, even if we lost we achieved more than the other 14 teams out their in the competition. Second Grand Final appearance in four years as well. What really surprised everyone is that it was dubbed the rebuilding year for Port with all the young players coming into the side and to make it that far for the 2007 season, I honour that. They will learn and build on the experience(hopefully chocos big mouth too) and come back stronger next year. As the AFL season comes to a close I'll make one final statement in saying 'premierships come and go.........and that's the best thing about football........there's always next year'. Go The Power
Old 30-09-07, 10:19   #378
vlcalais8
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ well said!

Its about time Geelong one anyway, last win since 1963 and 5 grand final losses since. people ask what the hell happened to port yesterday, but i ask what the hell happened to Geelong for the past 40 odd years... Ah well all the crap aside well done to Geelong they did play extremely well, good luck to port next year and hopefully what doesnt kill them only makes them stronger. Bring on 2008!

Last edited by vlcalais8; 30-09-07 at 10:22.
vlcalais8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-07, 14:46   #379
PSI
Player

Car: lease car
PORT fans, there are NO excuses!
You beat Geelong not that long ago, and did your supporters let everyone know about that! We ended there 15 game winning streak, here we come, we are the real deal. I heard that everywhere.
You finished 2nd, you played with the same young players all year, you beat geelong and smashed west coast, so don't go saying now that you got smashed" We weren't expected to get that far, we had a young team. These guys were good enough to finish where they did and beat these teams, so don't make excuses NOW.
Maybe you aren't really as good as what you think.You guys won about 5 games by under a goal, that's a lot of luck just there.
You did have a good year, and will be up there again next year, but don't make excuses now........you lost by 119pts.Geelong didn't allow you to play well, the pressure they put on you every time you had the ball, was so much you coughed it up.Another case of port struggling to play 1 on 1 footy.

maybe next year, now you have to prove you didn't just have a freak year.
only time will tell.
Old 30-09-07, 18:12   #380
V8 ETA
Player

Car: VT commodore
well said Adam.

Geelong just settled straight away and it seemed port never really did but nothing went right for port and geelong had way too much speed and class.

Maz

P.S gary ablett is a star.
Old 30-09-07, 18:44   #381
DVS VL280
Player

Car: DVSVLT, VEPSI and VXPSI
Trader Rating: (2)
the biggest story would of been the norm smith medalist stephen johnson they were going to trade him at end of last yr bc of his wild ways and injuries now lookin at him..
Old 30-09-07, 19:45   #382
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Car: 8th Gen Civic...VLT BT1 mock up uleh : /
Trader Rating: (23)
Its fact that Geelong were the best team all season and there were about 6 others (Power, Hawks, Eagles, Crows, Swans, Magpies etc...) who were all very even all year, hence they made the 8...it just came down to who had some luck on the day during their finals campaign and whether they matched up against teams they play well against, luck of the draw in some ways...End of the day I think Geelong were destined to win this year no matter who they played in the GF and win big....maybe not 119 points big...LOL!
Old 30-09-07, 20:12   #383
Blink
Sensible Since 21/05/2009

Car: RB30ET
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via MSN to Blink
For most of the year for me, Port seemed to be one of the few teams who actually stood any chance with Geelong, which is a testament to how well Geelong played yesteday.
Old 30-09-07, 21:22   #384
GASRB6
FOR SALE.

Car: Jet Powered Pram and Solar Powered Rock Daily.
Trader Rating: (4)
Full credit to Geelong. I dont think any side in the AFL this year could have knocked them off on Saturday.
A 44 year drought and the best team by a big margin this year.
We had a great year and will be a top 4 side next year.
Bring on 2008.

Last edited by GASRB6; 30-09-07 at 21:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
GASRB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-07, 22:03   #385
NSNPWR
Gold Members

How so Matt when they lost to Adelaide by nearly 70 points...?
Everyone was inconsistant at some stage...except Geelong.

Old 30-09-07, 22:04   #386
Blink
Sensible Since 21/05/2009

Car: RB30ET
Trader Rating: (21)
Send a message via MSN to Blink
How so what Daz?

I said 'one of'

Msn btw
Old 30-09-07, 22:13   #387
NSNPWR
Gold Members

Lolz, at the mrs, no MSN...

; )
Old 01-10-07, 12:21   #388
NTMID 8
SOLD

Car: VX SS
Trader Rating: (17)
well im not gonna go through this thread and pick all the negative comments about how Geelong couldnt win, out of it. BUT winning the g/f is one thing but to win by 20goals is another! i dont think Geelong could of answered the critics any better! I have been a Geelong supporter all my life and Sat was the best game of footy i have seen them play EVER! they played for each other and there pressure was immense. Port were disgraced not so much by the score but by the big mouth of CHOCO, if he hadnt of talked it up so much about how much more relaxed and better off then Geelong they were, it wouldnt of been so bad. Bad luck to Port and i hope there young players can learn from this experience and come back with a positive attitude coz to have such a demoralising loss can be detrimental to a young mans career.
Old 01-10-07, 12:24   #389
Boeing77L
Official Member

Car:
Ex-Eagles' star Mainwaring dead:
Former West Coast AFL premiership player Chris Mainwaring has died in Perth, media reports say. West Australian police said a 41-year-old man died on Sunday night in the suburb of Cottesloe, but would not give further details. Sky News and Melbourne radio station SEN said it was Mainwaring, who played 201 games from 1987-99. A spokesman for West Coast said the club could not confirm that the former player had died. Mainwaring, 41, was an inaugural Eagles squad member. The wingman was part of the club's first grand final in 1991, and was a key member of the side that won the Eagles' first two premierships in 1992 and 1994. He was runner-up in the Eagles' best and fairest three times and came third on two occasions. Mainwaring was an All Australian in 1991 and 1996. Since retiring, he has worked for the Seven Network in Perth as a newsreader and sports reporter, as well as working on Perth radio. On the morning of October 1st, 2007 reports that Chris Mainwaring had died surfaced [1]. At this time this has not been confirmed and the cause of death is unknown. He leaves behind his wife and 3 children.

Last edited by Boeing77L; 01-10-07 at 12:28.
Boeing77L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-07, 12:27   #390
Epitaph
Y U MAD THO?

Car: BF XR8 Ute
Trader Rating: (14)
Geelong played prob their best game for the season, really stepped it up and are very deserving winners.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-07, 23:57   #391
DJ_XTASY
car enthusiast

Car: VL Aero Turbo and VL mock Group A Calais 5L
Send a message via MSN to DJ_XTASY
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh_90
Ex-Eagles' star Mainwaring dead:
Former West Coast AFL premiership player Chris Mainwaring has died in Perth, media reports say. West Australian police said a 41-year-old man died on Sunday night in the suburb of Cottesloe, but would not give further details. Sky News and Melbourne radio station SEN said it was Mainwaring, who played 201 games from 1987-99. A spokesman for West Coast said the club could not confirm that the former player had died. Mainwaring, 41, was an inaugural Eagles squad member. The wingman was part of the club's first grand final in 1991, and was a key member of the side that won the Eagles' first two premierships in 1992 and 1994. He was runner-up in the Eagles' best and fairest three times and came third on two occasions. Mainwaring was an All Australian in 1991 and 1996. Since retiring, he has worked for the Seven Network in Perth as a newsreader and sports reporter, as well as working on Perth radio. On the morning of October 1st, 2007 reports that Chris Mainwaring had died surfaced [1]. At this time this has not been confirmed and the cause of death is unknown. He leaves behind his wife and 3 children.
I heard drug overdose?