Go Back   calaisturbo.com.au > walkinshaw.net > General
Calais Turbo Advertising

Old 24-06-07, 17:15   #1
rick
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
Walkinshaw

Hi guys just wondering your opinion on this car that im looking at ,the car is a genuine car has all tags but has not got original block .The car has just had a bare metal 2k respray every thing on this car is new , brand new 355 stoker with forged pistons steel rods -9 yella terra heads cnc ported by kostecki racing engine cost $25000+ .It has a group a six speed $2500 clutch ,9" diff with mark williams components .All suspension has been upgraded as it was getting built for circuit racing ,also has big brake system fitted ,there has been over $60000 spent on this build up . Any feed back will be appreciated.cheers Rick

Last edited by rick; 24-06-07 at 22:08.
Old 24-06-07, 19:25   #2
I&J
Player

Car: BT1 '88, Group A SS '88, V6 Hilux '06, VP Senator 5000i
What's the sale price?
Old 24-06-07, 20:16   #3
cwreck
Player

Car: Hi-lux
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick
Hi guys just wondering your opinion on this car that im looking at ,the car is a genuine car has all tags but has not got original block .The car has just had a bare metal 2k respray every thing on this car is new , brand new 355 stoker with forget pistons steel rods -9 yella terra heads cnc ported by kostecki racing engine cost $25000+ .It has a group a six speed $2500 clutch ,9" diff with mark williams components .All suspension has been upgraded as it was getting built for circuit racing ,also has big brake system fitted ,there has been over $60000 spent on this build up . Any feed back will be appreciated.cheers Rick

ahm- how much does he or she want for the car?

what happen to the original engine-

u buying the car for investment-if so no good if the original is missing-

come time to sell u might get your money back or a u will get a lot of buyer's asking the where the original engine is-

i was selling my car with the same setup as u mention+but did have original motor and box out of mine-put away-people on here+freinds said i would get more for it being original-that's what i am doing at the moment-.

I would say if it is cheap why not but if its expensive well u know my answer-

or if that blocks turns up and its at a good price-get it also where is the t5g and do u want a monster walky or u want it to be original

if original where or have u got the other parts to turn it back to 75% original?

every one knows a-walkies are worth something and are expensive -but ask yourself would u pay top dollar for a 25 % orignal car? also think of the future for re-sale value-

why waste money in the future if everyone walkiew are worth heaps in year's to come?

Have a good think about what i have said-

p.s killer combo though -

Last edited by cwreck; 24-06-07 at 20:19.
Old 24-06-07, 21:37   #4
ILLUSIV
CT member since 2000!

Trader Rating: (16)
Send a message via ICQ to ILLUSIV Send a message via MSN to ILLUSIV
They might as well have used an exec and built it up to be a walky replica.

Basically from what your saying, the driveline has been completely replaced. Not good for resale.

If you can get the original engine, then you might be ok.

All depends on price. But without the original parts to convert it back, your not gonna make money and may struggle to break even in years to come.
1988 VL SS Group A SV Walkinshaw #369 - WALLKY
Old 24-06-07, 22:24   #5
rick
Player

Car:
walkinshaw

The car was bought a few years ago and was a rolling car still has original trim ,steering wheel and gear shift which came with the car im not sure if engine and box were damaged or stolen as the car was bought of a guy that races circuit cars so no it doesnt come with them it will be one hell of a car when finished and at a good price for me but not sure if its what i want as ive got 650+ hp tubbed hatchback torana and one big engine is plenty.I just want a good drive car.
Old 24-06-07, 22:31   #6
cwreck
Player

Car: Hi-lux
Trader Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick
The car was bought a few years ago and was a rolling car still has original trim ,steering wheel and gear shift which came with the car im not sure if engine and box were damaged or stolen as the car was bought of a guy that races circuit cars so no it doesnt come with them it will be one hell of a car when finished and at a good price for me but not sure if its what i want as ive got 650+ hp tubbed hatchback torana and one big engine is plenty.I just want a good drive car.

up to u i guess-if u know and have all the info and know the price-

its up to u to have a other toy -

but like ILLUSIV and i said' before not good for resale or might even not break even when time to sell-
Old 24-06-07, 22:32   #7
I&J
Player

Car: BT1 '88, Group A SS '88, V6 Hilux '06, VP Senator 5000i
Then buy a bog stock original mate.
Old 25-06-07, 07:05   #8
NZ EVLHSV
Player

Car: Gen-F GTS
How much does he want for it?