Oz Drive - Driver Education

Old 19-09-06, 17:19   #1
EAT-30T
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (7)
***My experience with Lexus of sutherland***

***My experience with Lexus of sutherland***

Well let me explain what happened to me just this week gone! I suggest any of you or even if you know anyone looking to buy one of these cars take my experience with this certain dealer and use it as a 'major' decision making factor 'not' to do business with this certain dealer...... Here we go!

Basically to cut a long story short on tuesday afternoon (12/09/06) signed the contract and left a deposit to purchase an IS200 Lexus from these guys they knew I would be out of town all weekend and that the deal would be settled by this week (week ending 22/09/06) up untill saturday the 16th of sep I was happy with how everything was going and the particular salesman was top notch to say the least! However as I am doing some shopping on saturday with my wife I recieve a phone call from the manager asking "do you still want to go ahead with this deal?" I explained to him that I said you guys knew all along I was out of town till monday night and that I will be picking the car up during the week coming! Now he really puts the pressure on me demanding that I give him more of a deposit cos I am taking too long! WTF I am baffled at this stage It's just been 3 days and you guys can't wait? I am in Melbourne to start with and secondly had you needed more of a deposit at the time you should have requested it and not accepted anything less! He then goes on to tell me "I have customers here right now willing to pay 'cash' for the car and it's a better deal for me to take" Now I am 'burning' I have a contract signed and a deposit down.... that car is as good as 'sold' what the f*ck would anyone be looking at it to start with? Well it seems as though to this dealer a 'legal contract' means sh*t ?
In the long run I told it to him how it was and he can shove his car in the appropriate place I am not interested in doing business with a company like this and give me the deposit back! What they done to me is wrong on so many levels- Legally its wrong, morally its wrong and for their reputation its wrong! I wanted to share this with you's even though alot of you guys probably wouldn't even look at these cars but you may know someone who would and from my experience with them 'steer clear' of Lexus of sutherland, do not do any business with lexus of sutherland!

end of rant

has anyone else had a "car dealer" do this to them?

Kurt
EAT-30T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-06, 17:23   #2
david85dc
Gold Members

Car:
Trader Rating: (11)
Send a message via MSN to david85dc
let him break the contract and sue his ass...

plenty of lexus's mate..
david85dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-06, 17:26   #3
EAT-30T
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by david85dc

plenty of lexus's mate..
Yeah true that...... might come out your way and pick one up I hear sydney city is good?
Old 19-09-06, 17:54   #4
ELA30L
BANNED

Car: 10 sec Vl calais turbo ,12 sec vy ss,vs sedan on nitrous , barina, 550 hp clevo stroker xw gs, Toyota sprinter 120rwkw locka, Forester Gt Turbo.
Trader Rating: (1)
Never had a dealer do that to me man... i would tack matters as legal as possible and probably illegal to that c unt of a sales man....
ELA30L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-06, 17:57   #5
hugofirst
I'll Go Next...

Car: VL Calais - VT Inj. V8
Trader Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by david85dc

plenty of lexus's mate..
Im with that guy! Let him break the contract! Then go after him!

Lexus's? Aren't they called Lexi? (Plural - 'us' becomes 'i' (second declension))

(Yeh, i know - too much spare time)....

Last edited by hugofirst; 19-09-06 at 18:14.
hugofirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-06, 18:25   #6
Zanjara
FREE CANDY!

Car: 300ZX J-Spec
Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via MSN to Zanjara
Is the car brand new or used car??

You already signed a contract and he would of signed his life away also... They cannot break the contract and you gave him details that you will be out of town and will pick up the car during next week...

If the car was new they will have others sitting in the yard out the back ready for PD (pre delivery) I work for a toyota dealer in PD...

If a used car it should have a sold sign on it and ready for the detailers to go over it so its ready for you to pick it up...

To me he wanted more commision from the sale of the car... which alot of them try and do... Let him break it... Sounds like his new to the job...

I find sales people to be the most useless people... Most of them have no idea what they are selling... Only guy at work that knows his stuff is the fleet manager...
Zanjara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-06, 19:30   #7
INFLYT
Player

Car: Ford G6E Turbo
Trader Rating: (8)
That's why you don't buy a car from a dealer in the first place...unless it's brand new obviously.
INFLYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-06, 02:33   #8
fcukthedj
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via MSN to fcukthedj
Quote:
Originally Posted by INFLYT
That's why you don't buy a car from a dealer in the first place...unless it's brand new obviously.
good point i agree
Old 20-09-06, 08:47   #9
EAT-30T
Player

Car:
Quote:
I get exactly where your comin from..... but this sh*t just shouldn't happen
Old 20-09-06, 10:30   #10
Miz_VL_Turbo
Drift addict

Car: 87 Calais Turbo 5spd, RB25DET 180sx drift car, MY07 WRX
Trader Rating: (24)
he legally can't do that to you. once you both sign that contract, it is legally bound, and no alterations can be made without both signatures. he can't tell you that there are other people that can give him cash because once a deposit is given, you are legally entitled to the car for period specified on the contract. fark him up

obviously their sales staff are as clueless as some of their so called "mechanics"..

Last edited by Miz_VL_Turbo; 20-09-06 at 10:33.
Miz_VL_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-06, 10:39   #11
Morgz
Morgzano Racing

Car: VS exec forged LS3 + S482
Trader Rating: (27)
Send a message via MSN to Morgz
Id suggest you go around and speak to the manager of the dealership, ask him what the hell was going on, and hopefully that twat gets fired.
Old 20-09-06, 12:04   #12
King-3l
WWF loves the Bears

Car: VLT in the build, under 2 inches of dust
Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via MSN to King-3l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz_VL_Turbo
once you both sign that contract, it is legally bound, and no alterations can be made without both signatures.

obviously their sales staff are as clueless as some of their so called "mechanics"..
This is true. Tell em it's ok to change the terms of the deposit or pickup date as long as $10000 is taken off the price.

I bet they love their contract and that then. if you'd tried to change anything, they'd have your arse, so it's the same the other way round
Old 20-09-06, 18:21   #13
boggie
Player

Car:
Trader Rating: (0)
If there was no deposit they can contact you to revoke the contract/agreement. But seeing as there is a contract with a part exchange of consideration, the car is yours dude. You shouldnt have told him you are not intrested anymore because i think you can not sue anymore.
boggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-06, 03:11   #14
GDHLPU
Player

Car: RB25DET NEO6 VL
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to GDHLPU
If you were getting a good deal on the car in question, let them break the contract and then threaten them with lagal action and because a contract was made between you and the dealer they'll sh!t themselves for sure. Something similar happened to a mate of mine a while back, soon as he mentioned " LAW SUIT " and " BREACH OF CONTRACT " the dealer was kissing his ass and trying to track down another car of the same make and model to offer him just to avoid a trip to court.
Best part was they found a car in better condition, offerd it to him for slightly less cash than the original deal they had made. He then told them to jam it.
GDHLPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-06, 06:32   #15
87_DeVL
///ALPINE

Car: 87 VLCT
Trader Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanjara
I find sales people to be the most useless people... Most of them have no idea what they are selling...
That is in regard to absolutely everything! i hate the bar-stards
87_DeVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-06, 15:54   #16
veeELL
1 more week!

Car: VLT30T, VLCT Aero
Trader Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz_VL_Turbo
he legally can't do that to you. once you both sign that contract, it is legally bound, and no alterations can be made without both signatures. he can't tell you that there are other people that can give him cash because once a deposit is given, you are legally entitled to the car for period specified on the contract. fark him up

100% correct - ask for a meeting with the Dealer Principal and take your copy of the contract to him. At worst, he should be offering you another deal perhaps even better on another IS200, or refund your deposit and offer you some sort of compensation. Next step, write a letter to a local newspaper and get them to print a story on the whole fiasco.

after that...............Department of Fair Trading

Last edited by veeELL; 24-09-06 at 15:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
veeELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 09:12   #17
EAT-30T
Player

Car:
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeELL
100% correct - ask for a meeting with the Dealer Principal and take your copy of the contract to him. At worst, he should be offering you another deal perhaps even better on another IS200, or refund your deposit and offer you some sort of compensation. Next step, write a letter to a local newspaper and get them to print a story on the whole fiasco.

after that...............Department of Fair Trading

Yeah I know man I would if I had time....... not letting this one go

Funny thing is they were in such a hurry to get their money yet they still have that car on the lot...... f**cking fools!
Old 25-09-06, 09:56   #18
INFLYT
Player

Just go back there with a piece man. That tends to get results...
Old 25-09-06, 10:06   #19
veeELL
1 more week!

Car: VLT30T, VLCT Aero
Trader Rating: (6)
Quote:
Just go back there with a piece man. That tends to get results...
what a very intelligent idea
veeELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-06, 16:18   #20
INFLYT
Player

It is, isn't it.