View Single Post
Old 09-09-14, 08:57   #4
Skinkis's Avatar
Join Date: 20-07-14
Location: WA, SoR
Car: -86 VL Turbo
Trader Rating: (0)
Bought a few cars interstate, picked up my last Evo in QLD and drove it to WA. It was quite heavily modified.

As said before, you can de-register in the state you buy it, and get a movement permit and drive it back, or you can have it shipped. When you get back to your state, it will have to pass a pit inspection, so anything that stands out as illegal needs to be attended to before.

All I did with my car was get rid of illegal tint, raise the car to legal height, put mesh in front of intercooler, put a cat back in, and a big heatshield over the turbo and wastegate so it didn't look too out of place.

Once it has passed, you can get your plates, and pay the transfer fee and stamp duty etc.
Skinkis is offline   Reply With Quote